youtu.be/qIOaU7Sm-ZE
youtu.be/er416Ad3R1g
youtu.be/O1UbuXHSdCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is fake, right?

>Eminem

No its legit

Day 2 seems alright

Day two is like barely decent. Rest sucks.

Oh da' drugs in the Rave tent are gonna' be a flowin' this year

logs on pitchfork once: the lineup

>another year without the Greg Ginn experience

wack

No. They have their own fest.

Oh sees are too small

>Carpenter Brut
>David Byrne
>Chromeo
>Portugal the Man

Literally only the acts I would care for, and maybe the Drums.

Oldfag detected

>maceo plex

nice

>They have their own fest.

Yeah, and then they have Pitchfork Music Festival in addition to that.

>DAY 1
+The Weeknd
+SZA
+Vince Staples
-KYLE
-Belly

>DAY 2
+Beyonce
+Tyler
+BROCKHAMPTON
+Flatbush Zombies
-Post Malone

>DAY 3
+Migos
+Cardi B
+Miguel
+Kamasi Washington
+6LACK
+Kamaiyah
+Noname
+Westside Gunn and Conway
-Eminem
-French Montana
-Amine
-DeJ Loaf
-Princess Nokia
-Jidenna

>Sir Sly

Any opinions on these guys? Sup Forums never seen them discussed...
youtu.be/qIOaU7Sm-ZE

Looks like I'm not watching this year.

Except for John Mau5

those threads were a blast

How is a literally who like Bane's World on here? His most popular song doesn't even have a million hits on youtube.

jean michael jarre, soulwax, and jamiroquai on friday...shittttt

>85% rap and hip-hop meme garbage

Disgusting.

>Soulwax, Perfume Genius, Moses Sumney, Slow Magic, Flees Foxes, Angle Olsen, Brockhampton, Flatbush, Yaeji, Big Thief, King Krule, Kamasi, Japanese Breakfast
Great
>Eminem
Dropped

normie shit

Sure there's bullshit like beyonce, eminem, and haim and the weeknd but there's some ok stuff here.

Good stuff
>sza
>jean michael jarre
>perfume genius
>david byrne
>tyler
>fleet foxes
>angel olsen
>flatbush zombies
>mild high club
>banes world
>king krule
>drums
>fidlar
>john maus

everything else is pretty much trash or i dont know it

>no Preservation Hall Jazz Band

aaaaaaaaand dropped

He's a buzz artist in Socal.

>Cardi B
>no Lil Pump

Coachella stream threads are best Sup Forums

>Weeknd
>SZA
>Kygo
>St. Vincent
>Vince Staples
>Kelela
>Beyonce
>HAIM
>Tyler the Creator
>alt-J
>Post Malone
>BORNS
>Louis The Child
>MO
>BROCKHAMPTON
>Eminem
>ODESZA
>Portugal the Man
>Migos
>Cardi B
>Miguel
>King Krule
>Illenium
>French Montana
>Amine
>Jessie Ware
>Kamaiyah
>Princess Nokia
>Noname

Well, Sup Forums? Are you enough of a normalfag to fit in at Coachella this year?

God Their
>David Byrne
>Chic/Nile Rodgers
>Jean-Michel Jarre

and that's about it
>Jamiroquai

>Princess Nokia is a normie artist
???

I probably say this every year but this has to be their worst line-up yet, right?

I once met amine at a party here in portland. I didnt even know he was that relevant besides the one caroline song. I straight up thought he was a one hit wonder nationally and overhyped here because he's local.

pretty underwhelming.

It get's more and more normie every year

Can we stop the "beyonce is a respectable artist" meme

this will be my 7th year going and will have a blast no matter of lineup its fun as fuck and is something someone should attend at least once

of the lineup so far these are who i know and am excited for

>The weekend
>jamiroqaui
>St. Vincent
>the war on drugs
>Vince staples
>Haim (guilty pleasure cause jew harpies)
>David FUCKIN BRYNE
>alt J
>post malone (dont listen to but can appreciate the guy is cool)
>fleet foxes
>angel olsen
>alvvays
>flatbush zombies
>cherry glazer
>mild high club
>a perfect circle
>kamasi washington
>japanese breakfast

every other name I see on this lineup i haven't heard of or listened to or taken the time to listen to aka beyonce and eminem never cared to listen to them
now i will go to spotify/youtube and listen to everyone else and will see if I have another band to add to this list to enjoy.
if you guys wanna recommend me a band from the lineup that i need or should have listen to already by now then ill definately make them a priority to listen to first.

i'd be down for greta van fleet and FIDLAR

People always forget Southern California IS the containment board
Byrne and St. Vinny guest will be fairly terrrible. Nile Rodgers guest list should be pretty good (all that R&B already on the grounds, oldster hype for French robots etc.)

Soulwax is the most ‘kino’ band to come out of techno.

check out fidlar they're a fun show
banes world if you like mild high club, he's similar to that lofi indie mac sound

>St. Vincent

Great. More autistic screeching and hand puppetry.

I'd recommend Carpenter Brut, but from what you seem into I don't think you'd really dig it.

youtu.be/er416Ad3R1g

Snaaaiiill maaaiilll

Wow. Without a doubt the worst lineup they've put out that I can remember.

Day 2 is ok tho.

Where the FUCK is Clairo and Boy Pablo and Plastic Love?

Agreed but she's a makeup for canceling last year or the year before, I forget which. She's also supposed to be pretty good live but you'd have to be into it first I think, which I'm not. Nor are most people I don't think.

>war on drugs

>Nor are most people I don't think.

The audience is mainly a bunch of sorority girls and dude bros.

god damn mu stay pleb. this undercard is definitely deep and has a lot of gold in there.

the electronic is pretty strong on this. detroit love (moodymann, kyle hall, and carl craig!!), hito, black coffee, soulwax, black madonna, omar-s, motor city drum ensemble, talaboman, maceo plex, busy p, kolsh. I like that Coachella booked less edm shit and is actually booking artists that DJ. They did this last year as well. Lots of great stuff here to look forward to.

rock is pretty under represented but there is some cool stuff Like david byrne and king krule as well as other indie darlings like Oh Sees, Fleet Foxes, St vincent, War on drugs, Alvays. Also keep in mind that Coachella has the Sonara tent that has a pretty great collection of indie rock acts...last year they had Guided by Voices headline it so there will be some cool adds there.

Hip hop is overrepresented but some hype acts there. I get the sense that instead of using EDM in the sahara tent to quarantine the plebs, they will use hip hop. No complaints from me here about that.

And also jamiroquai, jean michael jarre, kamisi washington. nice.

It begs the question are they there for the music or are they just there for the party and to be seen?

Remember when fucking Blur and Stone Roses played and everyone left?

>vevo

>no Lil Peep hologram

Blur and stone roses are shit though. I dont blame them for not wanting to watch that boring uk garbage.

>and king krule
>rock

It's more for the experience of tripping out, getting drunk, and/or fucking. The music is just good background noise really.

Also with how social media is nowadays, it's too show everyone what you do/brag.

Did white women ruin coachella?

fucking poptimist normies ruining everything. all the major festivals are dead. goldenvoice is just pissing on the corpse of coachella at this point

>literally every day headlined by a hip hop artist
>the state of goldenvoice right now
What the fuck, normies really do move in and take over hobbies don't they

Yeah I dont get what coachella was thinking having those bands headline. They're old and no one in the US really cares so it wasnt a big deal they reunited and you cant get turnt to their music either.
Yeah
It's a status symbol. I can pay $500 for festival tickets and you cant, I'm getting fucked up with the rich and beautiful and you arent, peasants.

Looking at the lineup, I guess indie guitar music is officially dead. I should've known seeing those muh groupie rape hit pieces from major publications, but this is the final nail. Rappers of all stripes can bang groupies, rape groupies, fight ppl, shoot ppl, kill ppl; but if a white indie guitarist flirts with or hookups with a fan he's branded a rapist and his career is destroyed. Why is everyone after white guys and only white guys? Even obscure indie rock white guys with a couple thousand fans? Is it revenge for trump winning?

Literally anything other than Saturday is a joke

Dude the undercard is mostly indie

rock music is not trendy at the moment. this has nothing to do with the "rape hit pieces". It's basically just not fashionable to listen to rock music like it used to be.

don't worry though, rock will come back. it always does.

>that sunday line up
pfttt haha

It should be the headliner. Indie always was the headliner but now it's ALL rap and pop.

aw dude i dig them will definitely see them now. any more recs?
aww yeah my post makes me seem pleb but I listen to alot of different genres just dont have as much time to listen to it all with work and life in general haha

Haha of course not.

Have all rock concerts become niggerfests?

>revenge
No but #MeToo is. Coachella is just Coachella and has been for a long time. It's just whatever's fashionable. Coachella used to be about half hardcore music fans and half Orange County dudebro spring break and it recent years it's been mostly the latter. But even back in the day when indie was hype (mid to late 2000's) a lot of those bands were shit too. It was just what was in at the time.

rap is the new rock, has been that way for a while gramps

So you'd rather have rock be mainstream to be listened to by normies? I say it's fine the way it is. Also it's fucking Coachella, the most normie festival out there, what do you expect? Coachella's been dead for a while now.

Cool, you should take the chance as he mainly plays in Europe. Also known for doing some neat covers.

From there I'd say chromeo if you dig dancing tunes with a bounce. Though a lot of their music is hit or miss for me.

youtu.be/O1UbuXHSdCA

This. We've just come full circle is all. It's not all good but not all Dadrock was either.

Uhh yeah? Fuck yeah. I'd rather her rock at parties and have qt girls into rock scenes instead of all this trap rap shit and "nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga".

>Coachella 2009 for comparison
I'm not saying it's the best Coachella lineup ever but the normie takeover is unreal

Yeah I want rock to be mainstream. I'd rather have good music be popular than shit music. Wouldn't you? There is more good indie out there than good hip hop in my opinion of course.

beyonce headling coachella would have sounded like a joke in 2009

holy shit im 18 and I never knew Coachella wasn't a stacy + chad only zone

fidlar seems like it would tear the roof down at the outdoor stage i like it. banes world is very chill i love it thanks man

people here are retarded

if you overlook the 3 headliners each night this is by far the best top-to-bottom lineup coachella has had in yearssss

Bretty good, although I barely listen to most of the indie bands listed on there now a days.

Absolute fucking trash

those thighs should be illegal

Yeah but that's a different audience who doesn't really do Coachella anymore and sure as hell aren't going to pay that kind of money for the Molly-dust-puke experience. Music festivals like these are a young person's game and GV knows their audience. It's shit but it it what it is and it's probably not for you anyway.

>hasithappenedtoyou.jpg

Actually thought this was a shitpost. This is so bad

This is easily the worst lineup in years

2011 was dope af. Arcade Fire and Kanye put on unbelievable shows

yeah agreed. best since 2013 imo.

>the strokes
o how the mighty have fallen

What was the year they did the hologram? That's when it went downhill.

Sure you guys have a point, I wouldn't mind rock being mainstream. But still, it's not that bad the way it is now. You can still find qt girls that listen to "Indie" music. I don't know, I just feel like there's more of a community going to 'underground' shows I guess

>duck sauce
>flogging Molly
>skrillex

LMAO. Though it's actually a good line up.

Also
>best coast
>broken social scene
>phantogram
>tokimonsta

Damn, forgot how much I enjoyed them.

(You)

I can't wait the Holo-Beatles reunion tour in a decade

damn.. nostalgic looking through this list. 2008-2011 was the best time to be here

>Senõr Kino
kino

What was he like?

>thoughts?
last year when I went to Coachella my girlfriend cheated on me there with some random black guy

Never again. Fuck this shithole. I hope they all die of AIDS