It's 2018

How are you holding up Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/y9Tm9sE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I made money today

damn I wish I made money today. i quit my job a year ago and been a NEET ever since. i need to work up the motivation to go down to the temp agency already

Good overall
Living the NEET life currently but just got off a very lucrative job so I'm not struggling. It'll be 4 years with my gf this february. I'm in a band. Overall things are good

i think about killing myself a lot

This, paired with drinking and worrying about money.

I'm genuinely happy for the first time in a long time. Stopped drinking and smoking cigs

Cried myself to sleep the other night over my ex while listening to Elvis. We broke up half through last summer. I hope it gets better.

Wherever you are, Megan Johnson, I'm sorry. For everything. That is all.
>tfw she doesn't browse Sup Forums
>tfw can call her name online because it's such a generic one

Not well. I failed a suicide attempt in earlier December and had about a month of "well, that woke me up, I'll never try that again;" it's starting to wear off now and I'm just not sure anymore.
But as far as music goes not much better. I realized I have no musical talent and have wasted 8 years of guitar with absolutely no skills or originality to show for it. So I'll keep being a complacent consumer of shitty, unchallenging emo music.
Hopefully 2018 will be better.

I found out today that a very rich and powerful person I knew through work killed himself two weeks ago.

I'm doing well and not so well. I'm starting some training to be a sound guy for a restaurant ive been working at. theres a separate music room with nightly performances and ill be handling greeting the guests and setting up their levels/volume. I also just set up a small recording studio to put some stuff out with a friend of mine. most of the bad comes from being in a weird situation with this girl. we dated for a little, then she left for a while and came back. she has a new boyfriend but still wants to hang out and i guess im still a little attached, as i felt pretty sad after spending time with her. we just talked about it recently and i dont really know what to expect in the future. i should probably just get a tinder and move on but ive never really thought the modern dating scene was anything remotely respectable. overall im doing alright. better than i have other times posting in these threads. i hope everyone else feels better too

>I failed a suicide attempt
That just means you didn't truly want to go through with it.

discord.gg/y9Tm9sE

Pretty much. I tried to shoot myself in the head with a shotgun, but it wasn't loaded and I'm too nervous to go out and buy bullets. If I really was determined I would just hang myself or something. So for the moment I'm stuck in this limbo where I don't want to be alive but I'm too scared to kill myself.

Doesn't matter how much money you have, doesn't matter how much power you have, you can still end up miserable and depressed.
What fucking hope do I have. I'm not content with being mediocre and lower mid class and in the small chance I do make something of myself I still won't be happy

Already quit my resolution to quit smoking. What's the point in getting healthy if you don't want to live anyways.

The more I think about it the more I realize how fucking scary suicide by gun is. It's just so abrupt, at least with other methods you can feel yourself dying and feel yourself drifting into nothingness. Death by gun, there is no feeling, it's just 'blip', you're fucking gone.

went through a bender this year. lost my job, had to come back to America (from my remote job), spent months unemployed, got arrested... but its all turning around. Got a new job making 6 figures in a good part of california. I know yall dont care but just know that if you're going through tough times you can eventually make them end

That's what I like about it: painless, no chance to regret it. The idea of kicking the stool from under your feet, only to hang there clawing at the rope because you start to regret it, sounds like Hell. The thought should all come beforehand. Once you've made up your mind and the preparations are done, it really should be just "blip."

>tfw neet but making money lying in bed all day

How
I've been a NEET for nearly two years now and I'm starting to feel like a leech

I've been there. Personally, from divorce. All my coping has stemmed from accepting how weird life is. If you can get past the cringy image of Albert Camus as le cool cigarette smok3r existentialist, I'd recommend a dose of Absurdist philosophy

>What fucking hope do I have.
Well my point back fired although its not the only one. I doubt he knew but I tremendously appreciated him. So even though you may not know it, there might be someone you don't even realize who would move heaven and earth if they knew you were having a problem. So even though you might feel alone and hopeless, that doesn't mean that's really the case. While I wait, I just smoke lots of pot and look for aoty. Works every time.

It's cold as fuck, I'm at my parents' house for my winter break, and I've left the house twice in 2 weeks.

A board where everyone is gonna tell you to kill yourself probably isn't the best place to go. Don't kill yourself, by the way.

Jesus fucking christ you guys are making me sad.

Everyone in this thread listen to me: everyone is going to tell you it gets better, like the fucked up, greedy, repugnant world we live in is going to suddenly flip on its head. Four years ago I downed half a prescription bottle of hydrocodone, trying to end it all. I woke up ~8 hours later, and I still only vaguely remember what actually happened before I blacked out. I don't know how I lived, and I probably never will. I've had plenty of problems since. I've been in and out of abusive relationships, my medications barely work (if at all), and I still feel empty, no matter what I do, and no matter how numerous and how wonderful the people are around me. But I'm alive, and if that's all this shitty world we live in is going to give me, then I'm going to keep it.

I've done this spiel a dozen times here, at least. Move to a new place. Meet new people. See new places. Do new things. Listen to new music (pic related). It will change the way you see yourself, and the entire world around you.

2017 was a rough year. Close friend died in my house of an overdose, as well as other various things fucking me over.

Have to move house (same house) before the end of the month. While it makes the year start off stressful and uncertain, it will be ultimately good to have a change.

hi,

consider this:

you're wrong.