gimme more

Other urls found in this thread:

acreil.bandcamp.com/album/aleatoric-aubades
youtube.com/watch?v=kb-haKLpyUs
youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go fuck yourself you pretentious slug

sage

yeah fuck me for discussing music on literally a music forum. Im the asshole!

there aren't that many people doing it, so mostly it's just going to be the same shit that people post every time someone asks

this is new-ish
acreil.bandcamp.com/album/aleatoric-aubades

>hey spoonfeed me this please
Great discussion, asshole.

omg this is exactly what i was looking for thanks

>people are supposed to be born knowing about good music
fuck shit cuck

how many people here can name good microtonal music off the top of their heads? can you?

that one is good

>hurr dur look how hard my shit is to play
Johnston you hack fraud

that one isn't any harder to play than any other piano album

stop getting all your opinions from youtube videos you fucking baby

Modern "classical" is pure cancer on the soul of music

what does your retarded comment have to do with microtonal music?

I really hate modern academic "music" that's all

>t. 12-tone conformist

check out Eduardo Polonio. Also Iancu Dumitrescu if you like more spectralism stuff too. Can't go wrong with Terry Riley. Roberto Donnini is sorta microtonal. Wendy Carlos did some microtonal work in Beauty and the Beast, that's good stuff as well. Warren Burt, Aki Takahashi, are excellent... There's a bunch out there.

I sorta lump indeterminacy/microtonal/spectralism together in my head, sorry if some of these aren't exactly what you want. Heresy, I know.

*cringe*

Why the fuck does Sup Forums hate microtonal music?

most academic music isn't microtonal and most microtonal music isn't academic

nothing posted in this thread would fall under the heading of academic or contemporary classical

maybe you should learn something before tarding out

Does microtonal just mean out of tune?

I don't hate just microtonal "music". I hate most forms of mid-late Western "Art" "Music".

It really is a mistake we can't take away.

I really hope your genepool ceases to exist

I'm afraid that I really don't know why you felt the need to share your cringing.

Microtonal stuff is like 1% of my library. Are you cringing because I listen to it in the first place, because I actually offered some suggestions to the OP, or what? I honestly don't know. Do you think that I think I'm some sort of holier-than-thou musical god because I happen to like microtonal music and pish-posh those plebeian normie styles of Müsìque? Which I actually don't?

what a strange thread

read

sorry you're terminally retarded and incapable of communicating like a human being

no, it means tuned to something other than 12 equal. often it's less out of tune than 12 equal

Yeah their approach to microtonal is pretty cool. Would recommend if you're into neo-psych.

Check out the fantastic Harry Partch if you hasn't already, OP! A truly one of a kind composer! His backstory is worth checking out alone! I highly rec Delusion of the Fury!

>YOU ARE NOT MY ENEMY

>read
stopped reading there

also check out Pauline Oliveros

What Oliveros is microtonal?

Accordion & Voice. The accordion is purposefully tuned for just intonation.

thanks, I'll check that out

it's kind of obvious but La Monte Young deserves a mention as well
youtube.com/watch?v=kb-haKLpyUs

>indonesian gamelan music
>youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM