/extraflags/

Rare Regional Edition

Previous Edition: Welcome to /extraflags/, a lovely spin-off of /flag/ except its a general for users with extra flags to discuss flags, extra flags, and autistic activities while funposting. dont have extra flags? get extra flags :^)

Extra Flags: github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

>How to install:
Chrome: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/chrome-install.webm
Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/firefox-install.webm
Opera: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/opera-install.webm
Android Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/android-firefox-install.webm

>Collecting Flags?
World template: i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png
Regional templates: oplk.imgur.com
About Sup Forums's flags: i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/sUNfN
theroot.com/exactly-how-black-is-black-america-1790895185
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rarity chart soon to be iceberg

template 1

contenders in the last thread but it 404d before i could choose one

rare regionals so far

template 2

rare regionals are based off of either population or how many times it has been seen

I've seen both before, look for others in past threads

but it wouldnt count mane, only current thread counts

halfway done lads

Then is it really RROTW or is it just RROTT? :^)

rare regional of the week in the thread :^)))

benis :DD

Get yourself some regionals

This. :^)

Updating the map again, Arkansas in progress

>my county has a flag

cool, wish my city had a flag

I'm sorry

Oh fug, haven't seen your flag yet m8, I assume you live in Yuma?

From what I see, Yuma has a logo I can work with :^)

>the city of flagstaff doesn't have an official flag

I still don't understand this lad ;_;

Also updated county map

>forget the file

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If we had one it would be some gross mishmash of the mountain, railroad, trees, and rt 66...with some kinda Kachina thrown in there for good measure.

This is the next thing we're doing in /flag/

I'm going to design a flag for Flagstaff, others are free to join in and give ideas :^)

YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT REGIONALS I HAVE THOUGH ITS SUCH A GODDAMN HASSLE TO KEEP CHANGING AND TURNING THEM OFF AND ON REEEEE

Sounds like fun

will be going back to newfoundland in august, get ready to see comfy st john's fleg

Why would you have to turn them off?

proxyposting

Is Alkmaar dead? Anybody have contact with him?

Been asking for about two months for his Japanese flags. Strongly considering abandoning that project altogether and closing the issue.

Few more counties

going to make the webm smaller resolution for now, it is getting unwieldy!

Looks like this thread is destined to die again tonight.

Into the abyss it goes

what do you think, lads?
should we let them into /flag/cairn?

Post US Counties template if anyone has one

Never mind

Never mind never mind, I still need it

BUMPING

/bant/ active regionals
Anchorage, Alaska
Rockville, Montgomery County, Maryland
Ayrshire, Scotland
County Meath, Leinster
Kaesong Industrial Region
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
Brisbane, South East Queensland, Queensland
Tazewell County, Illinois
Wilson County, Texas
New Jersey
Whangarei, Whangarei District, Northland Region
Marown Parish
New Hampshire
Seattle, King County, Washington
Essex, England
Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster
Pennsylvania
Miersch, Miersch kanton, Lëtzebuerg Distrikter
Ontario
Nordrhein-Westfalen
California
Hubballi-Dharwad, Karnataka
Bexar County, Texas
Scottsdale, Maricopa County, Arizona
Wellington, Wellington Region
Sefton, Merseyside, England
Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Region
Dakota County, Minnesota
New Forest, Hampshire, England
Craven County, North Carolina
Alo

Test

:^)

WEW

:^)

noice m9

lomly

k

Posting more often, Arkansas is a grind

bump

is this thread dead?

This general is dead and I'm very close to just letting it die for good

SAVEMEFROMTHENOTHINGIVEBECOME

Save me from Page 9

>bedford never made a rare regional of the week
Sad.

Thinking about just DXM and weeding tonight and fuck monitoring the thread. I think maybe if I work on the counties until then and if the counties get done maybe activity will increase

H-hello everyone.

cool flag, mane

I collected you legitimately before you came here and before I ran the script :^) How's life in central EuroRussia?

I saw you with the script elsewhere lad, but RARE

I think you qualify for RROTW when Bedford shows up

Also how's Russia?

Also posting my Russia map

I'm not sure if it's creepy or sweet but I'll stop on the latter. ;3
>How's life in central EuroRussia?
I don't there are any traits specific to Central Russia.

Bumping.

Save it before I change my mind

ITT again, hello lads

Is there really a point to bumping anymore?

Sharing extraflags

>sharing a location-based flag extension to a website which is based on and values anonymity
I seriously wonder how this idea was even developed before I started browsing /flag/. Never thought about it until now, but it's pretty strange.

That is kinda weird. I guess they didn't expect it to go so deep, even inter-county flags are popping up, like my own.

I'm very certain I'm quitting making flags after I finish the US county project. I don't really have any vested interest in it anymore, but I'm sort of the person to start what I finish. I feel like the entire project has become needlessly misguided. I think I'm going to splinter off and try to create something similarly related but different.

I'll still be managing the repository out of respect until this general finally dies.

That's understandable, and I, as well as almost assuredly everyone else here agrees with you.

>almost assuredly everyone else here agrees with you
I'm not sure how true that is, I'll let the others speak for themselves. But over the year I've been on this general, I've seen it devolve from fairly active to occasionally active to dead (with 16 posters and 68 posts) as it is now. Once the county project is complete, I don't really see a need to even keep the general up anymore. If others find that to not be the case, they're free to maintain it themselves. But considering I make up over a third of the posts in the thread (kinda sad), I doubt that's going to happen.

I'd say people should discuss what they want to do here, but the better half of me knows that isn't going to happen.

I'm pretty sure there's not really any reason to keep it up anymore. The general isn't active anymore. It had its run. There's not really anything that can change that.

what's the news on the discord?
is it dead as well?

no, it's just as alive as before. It's partially why the general is dead. Generally speaking, Discord is miles ahead of 4chinny in terms of discussion.

alright then
can you post a link?

nope, when you're out you're out, bub :^)

:^(

discord.gg/sUNfN

thanks mane

yuh

I really need attention lads

Don't we all?

>

imo, everyone that will become a regular has become a regular, and trying to collect any extraflags outside of some first level 99% attendance countries is a waste of time at this point
see you on the other side, non-discord anons

>trying to collect any extraflags outside of some first level 99% attendance countries is a waste of time
>implying all of us aren't master time wasters
Really activates my almonds.

Here is another thing I made

Honestly the general needs a change of face I think. It should be marketed as a, "wow, i've interacted with people online from all of these areas and this is my map to represent that." Kind of like when restaurants have maps where tourists place a pin where they're from. Idk how to market that but yeah. I personally wouldn't click on a general called "/flag/" and then stay after seeing the cringeposting we keep having. /extraflags/ probably catches attention better.

Only complaints are Norway and Sweden being the same, Murmansk belonging to Finland, and Ukraine being sovereign or not a part of Russia. Not sure if Spain should control Morocco (shitskins stay out), very happy with the Greece additions.

I'll take that into consideration next time I update it.

>I personally wouldn't click on a general called "/flag/" and then stay after seeing the cringeposting we keep having
>stay after seeing the cringeposting we keep having
Elaborate.

Like, if I were going to visit a general about flags I'd want to talk about flags or the project. /lang/ never talks about "o fugg :DDD" moments and stuff like that. But then again /lang/ isn't exactly a thriving general so I don't really know. I'm really just trying to figure out how to increase user retention. /bant/ shills are good and there are a lot of flag users over there.

Well, language has a lot of depth to it, lot of discussions to be had about the history of language, and to contrast it with other languages that others share on this board, flirting with the idea of it being an international board, or you could attempt to try and learn a language with others helping you or asking you for help along the way.

Flags just don't have that much going for it in my opinion, and I see /flag/ as just an advertisement for extra flags anyway, with possible potential, but not with just flag discussion. If flag is to evolve, then it would have to drop extra flags and go rogue in my opinion.

I'm about dead inside at this point, so it doesn't matter to me. I figure other people care, which is why I'm even discussing it. I'm just looking to finish the US county project (pic related) so I can manage the repo quietly from the shadows.

I figure once I start weaning myself off the general it'll most likely die. Such is the way of things.

Finished Arkansas, this separates what's left into the Deep South and flyover states - both a complete and utter waste of my time, but like I said, I finish what I start. Sorting some old Arkansas cities under their counties, syncing, and then doing a few Alabama counties before I go fuck off to sleep.

Good work :)

>run into this
>if Southerners don't identify ancestry African American, they identify ancestry as "American"

Assuming they are white... what do they mean by this?

The census done here is self reported, so take the map with a bit of salt, so when they refer to themselves as "American", they are either unaware of their heritage, their ancestors have been here since the founding of America, thus preferring themselves to be American (it's best to assume they are English), or they are really mixed and can't answer certainly.

Fun fact, blacks in America have some amount of European heritage.
theroot.com/exactly-how-black-is-black-america-1790895185

>Fun fact, blacks in America have some amount of European heritage.
Makes sense, I've heard all sorts of stories about slave owners raping female slaves.

Signing off.

See you later Space Cowboy