twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bach, Brahms, Debussy, Vivaldi, the list goes on

Hopsin.

You know, my iq is pretty high

Limp Bizkit.

White = classic rock
Black = old school hip hop
Can't go wrong.

Black metal from the Canadian province Quebec.

I enjoy listening to a little bit of everything & trying new things

"The Beach Boys, The Temptations, and ABBA! :D"

Safe & diverse music choices plus they show my appreciation for team efforts

"hey Siri, shuffle my music" and turn the volume up

but that might be a bad idea

That's not a legally permissible question to ask a job applicant and you should threaten to sue them for discrimination.

I've only been asked this once when I was applying to subway

What If you're brown or asian? I usually say old school hip hop.

>"Yeah? I hope you don't like Forteresse, that band sucks haha"

Then what do you do?

>what if you're brown or asian

idm

>y-you too

My current employer, when they were interviewing me, asked who my favorite avenger was.
Luckily I thought fast and said captain America because he represented self responsibility, teamwork, and freedom/the American dream.

Oh you know, lots of Dead Kennedys and Woody Guthrie. *winks at employer (wiggles tongue as well if employer is female)*

>a legally permissible question
top lel. What cucked country do you live in?

I don't watch super hero movies because I'm not a retarded person.

mostly hiphop. from some of the stuff on the radio to more niche stuff like aesop rock. although i gotta say ths is a pretty unprofessional question to ask in an interview. "

I don't watch retarded people

I'm a super hero movie

america the land of the cucked

>hip hop

>Huh, so you like hip hop, do ya?
>So user, are you familiar with what "rap" stands for?

Then what do you say?

Anal Cunt and Cannibal Corpse

"well a lot of people think it stands for rhythm and poetry, which is definitely fitting but actually untrue. it really stems from a black rights-fighter who changed their name to "rap" fun fact. so, what are we talking salary here? i assume if youre asking me about hiphop i atleast have the job"

I say "*to"

>The fuck you wanna know that? you work for me cunt

Jesus you can't make this shit up

>im sorry but it actually stands for "retards attempting poetry". get the fuck out of my office

>pretending you could think of 1/100th of the metaphors and play on words that even the most mediocre rappers make

ok /mu lol

>wagner
>strauss
>mozart
>shotakovich
>mahler
>flaming tunes
>brian eno
ez

"wow look at captain autismo over here. who the fuck listens to mozart? and whats wagner? i think i heard of that before in band class lol. what a weirdo, throw that shit in the trash. "

>job interview

I give the interviews

I don't listen to modern popular music so I'm probably autistic...

modern art pepe i dig

Mostly rock and job

>"You look like you listen to Nine Inch Nails"
>"Only up until The Fragile"

I didn't get the job

I don't have any preferences, I listen to all kinds of music, sir. I like pop, rock, hip-hop, electronic, jazz, classical, all of 'em!

soy:the employer

this

youtube.com/watch?v=HpVHVTh2ZYY

>interviewers are two chicks
>one asks who my favorite singers are (prob because i had music written as one of my hobbies)
>decide to name singers i thought they would love (so we could expand on the topic and make jokes and so on)
>also want to impress them a little so no top40
>the smith, talking heads, prince, nick drake, david bowie.
>uhm.. bowie, that's the one that died recently right. okay moving on.
not sure if they thought i was a hipster or homosexual

murder

make up random but plausible band names, create inoffensive genres for them

"I like the NIN song from FIFA 14"

people say more entertaining shit here everyday desu

I decided, from now on, if someone asks me what music I listen to, I'm just gonna say "hipster shit"

I got asked what kind of books I read when at an open interview at Taco Bell. (I was 16 at the time, so edgelord me said Orwell; the guy didn't even know 1984)

Whatever p4k tells me, sir

"wasn't Wagner a racist, im not hiring you"

>when they were interviewing me
>they
soy: the employee

Oasis

>"lowercase, sir"
>"Why are you whispering in my ear?"

>tfw I actually got this at a Barnes and Noble interview
>For some reason I said I liked the new Ben Harper album that had just came out
>"Oh, so you like Jam bands."

Jesus Christ.

i tell them the truth
>generic entry-level p4k approved hipster garbage

>the smith, talking heads, prince, nick drake, david bowie.
LMFAO. That's what you get for listening to Sup Forums
correct answer was Ed sheeran. You fucked up big time

Why would an employer ask something like this?

To get to know the person theyre interviewing better? Why is this such a tough pill to swallow for some people

vaporwave

If only they knew how to interpret this information.

Good choice.

country, rap, pop, field recordings of rape victims.. the list goes on

It was two people.
Manager for the kitchen and manager for the "floor".
I work in the kitchen as a line cook.

2 weeks after I got the job I got thrown in jail over a fucked up acid trip where I ended up jumping on the hood of a cop car and other shit (I don't remember, I only know from the reports).
Even though I went to jail for two weeks I managed to keep my job thankfully.

>>no top40
>>the smith, talking heads, prince, nick drake, david bowie

have you ever spoken to a girl?

not him, but the girls i'm friends with are all music fans. One is a metalhead obsessed with Meshuggah, another one loves indie folk and singer/songwriters, but also listens to detroit techno and synthpop and the third one only listens to Marilyn Manson. Girls can be music nerds too

arvo part

>third one only listens to Marilyn Manson
that doesn't sound very healthy

Metal, followed by the most normie entry level bands you can think of

Anything from Black Metal to Dream Pop.

kek

I play in my own jazz band

If you dont listen to a lot of instrumental music you are stupid. Read a book if you want words. Rap is stagnant and it's themes are simple enough that 13 year old boys enjoy it.

token hire/10

Do people actually ask this? I dont see the reason to lie about your music taste out of insecurity imo

k-pop

Pleb

>"What do you do in your spare time user?"
>"Oh, mainly read, watch stand-up comedy, listen to music, make music..."
>"Oh, you make music? What kind of music do you make user?
>"I...uh..."
>try to think
>"I make like...you know, electronic music...like, noisy industrial type of stuff...you know..."
>"Oh...never heard of such thing..."
>uncomfortable silence
>"...we'll call you if you get the spot!"
>"Great, great..."
Never get the call back.
I did see the guy that interviewed me at a NYE party, I was supposed to play a set there, but didn't, due to technical difficulties.

Hip-hop from TeamSESH (Bones) and alternative rock (Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr.) etc.

>try to think
jej

A musical taste does not mean anything regarding someone's skill or aptitude to do a specific job.

Also, a musical taste does not mean anything regarding the personality or even behaviour of someone.

So, yeah, useless question and useless information, and even IF, EVEN FUCKING IF, it was useful, as said, they would not know how to interpret it.

number for second girl please

> I was supposed to play a set there, but didn't, due to technical difficulties
user, he knew what it was and made sure to stop the set from going ahead, look in your heart, you know it to be true

i'm on my 5th job and i haven't been asked this yet

Mac demarco

>Vivaldi
kys. how do you listen to just random notes strung together? I don't understand how one person can appreciate the form and structure of Bach but then turn around and enjoy Vivaldi's garbage too.

classic country, funk, disco, jazz, samba, opera

Everything but rock and pop.

I don't get asked dumbass questions like this in my interviews
where the fuck are you faggots applying for jobs

record labels

blacks don't get interviews though

Maybe the gang was hiring

Rachmaninov and cheeki breeki

>"what kind of music do you listen too, user?"
>"well since i'm at college right now i don't really have time to listen to music, so i mostly listen to jazz while studying"
>"oh really? who's your favourite musician?"
>"well lately i've mostly been listening to coltrane, davis, ryo fukui and some others"
>mfw i've literally never listened to jazz and the only reason why i know about these guys is Sup Forums
>mfw i've been listening exclusively to black metal for weeks prior to the interview

I work at a record store. This was literally a question lol

Oh fuck you, playing that set was the only thing I was looking forward to in a while, my life is a mess and that was the only saving grace for me.
Then again, when I think about it, he did have something to do with the shitty equipment, I think it might've been his, because he did move a lot around it when the speakers blew up and helped packing it back.
Was he really trying to sabotage my set? I didn't do him any wrong man, I just applied for a job, wasn't even mad for not getting hired. Wait a sec, are (You) actually him? Did (You) do this on purpose? If so, why? (You) ruined the night for everybody, fucking fat prick!

Cool