Why do people watch this shit?

I came back to this shit this year only to notice that sounds are gay not like real formula and no overtaking happens, it's just drivers driving around and you already know Ferrari or Mercedes will win unless they crash so why do people watch this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtElEI41NT-mPvdevx8fXMbQHO4Vd7GJP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe because you don't have any money to pay for cable television.

For example DTM is much better, actual racing happens.

>the sounds are gay
This kills auto racing, half of what makes it cool is the sound...F1 needs to drop all pretense of environmentalism for the race cars (keep it for support vehicles) and just tell them to make the fastest, loudest engines they can think of

b-but it's the pinnacle of motorsport!

It really is though

LMP1 is more technologically advanced

The media coverage around it keeps people engaged.

Sadly thats it. In terms of racing theres vastly better series around, in fact, Nismo TV will be streaming Super GT LIVE this weekend. It is the best racing series in the world, bar none.

It has all that good stuff like cool sounds, open development, tyre wars and multi-class racing without any of the memes that have plagued modern motorsport like DRS.

Just good old pure honest wheel to wheel racing senpai. Check out this season's races here youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtElEI41NT-mPvdevx8fXMbQHO4Vd7GJP

Thanks for giving me a worthy autosport to check out

>why do people watch this?
Fastest cars and the best drivers in the world

Yeah it's not a great spectator sport but it's a spectacle itself

So, how's the weight loss going?

too bad their drivers are F1 rejects or former F1 drivers that got too old for the most part

Pretty much anyone I've met that is a fan of car racing is dumb as a rock.

The lack of noise isn't anything to do with sound. Noise is a strange thing and can be designed into or out of a system.

Nobody though about sound when putting the new regulations together, and through ERS and the standard exhaust, they deadened it. F1 is moving to twin-track with no MGU-H for 2021 specifically to deal with the noise issue (it's 80's technology, but well, gotta put on a show!)

you're in the US so most people you meet are probably not very bright

I love everything about the idea of formula 1, but it's on-track product is totally unwatchable and why I'm a megacasual. I follow it enough to know what's going on, but I never actually watch it.

How many of them were fan of top tier racing series? Aka the ones that have at maximum 2 races in the US

They're typically brighter than most people who respond to me online, though.

They're into Nascar here. One friend's family is really into it. So was one of my ex's. She dragged me to some big race in Chicago. Nearly three hours of cars driving in a circle at a deafening volume is not a sport.

the last few races have been pretty good tbhfamily

>They're into Nascar here.

That explains it all