Why does the whole world love soccer except the USA?

Why does the whole world love soccer except the USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ql7uY36-LwA
instagram.
money.cnn.com/2017/03/03/news/mls-growth-don-garber/index.html
thestar.com/news/world/2016/09/22/us-poll-just-3-per-cent-of-americans-dislike-canada.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because you're cunts

what about australia, canada and until recently china and india?

only relevant country of those is china
>australian football
>hockey
>cricket
shit taste

We don't tbqh

>the state of that team
wew must have been rough

>We pretend we don't cause we suck

because were are shit and we like dick.

Who is the Indian guy?

Because a lot of americans don't have the attention span for it, and because our domestic leagues are largely viewed as lack luster.

canada it's just the 52nd state tho

Because soccer is for fags.

That was embarrassing to watch because I'm a 49ers fan

whos the 51st??

Cause we got other sports that are way more entertaining

>inb4 American sports suck

May not be entertaining to you, but they're entertaining to Americans

puerto rico

Come on now, San Francisco is the gayest city in America you should know this by now. That's what you get supporting a San Fran team senpai.

vikash dhorasoo

>because we've got shit taste

Don't worry, we know.

commercials are entertaining? I find them boring and a waste of time personally

canada is more the 51st than PR, hell like 5% of americans could find PR on a map

I know, but my dad was a 49ers fan, and I've been a 49ers fan my entire life, so I'm basically stuck supporting this trash team

I find them disturbing

youtube.com/watch?v=ql7uY36-LwA

that and our relevant players would rather play for actually relevant NTs unlike the US with their extreme nationalism and shit

wat

>tfw people hated Hargreaves despite being one of our best defensive midfielders ever

Because they suck at it.

because we dont have a history of people supporting the sport and playing it all their lives because we already created so many cool sports already

I realize that soccer DOES go way back in the US but it was never a cultural phenomenon except in the 70s when Pele helped with the original NASL and then waned again quickly when people discovered there were 0-0 ties and games where nothing happened.

Now people are really into soccer but if you're the kind of obsessed soccer person that eventually becomes great like messi, you're shunned in this country still.

the american messi played soccer and scored all the time, but when he got to middle school, he was encouraged not to play by his family, and broke his ankle doing another sport or skateboarding to fit in with his friends and missed tryouts, now hes fat and works a dead-end job playing hackeysack with leftover crumpled paper balls

It absolutley is not.

Most Americans think Canadians are faggots and a shit country.

At least Puerto Rico is a nice place to vacation.

>but if you're the kind of obsessed soccer person that eventually becomes great like messi, you're shunned in this country still

messi was obviously going to be GOAT at like 5 years old. even if an american kid was that talented I think he'd be scouted by a european academy

I don't know instagram. com/p/BWtkMSLBT9Y/

>french team
>has no french players

MLS is pretty good compared to a lot of leagues.

>whitest player is algerian

Not enough goals. Burgers need games where you score frequently. Aso shitty format for commercial breaks so there is no lobby.

because the best soccer leagues play at 9:00 A.M. eastern standard time, when americans are punching in at work. soccer will never be popular here until we have a talented league of our own, so soccer will never be popular here.

Which makes me wonder why they like handegg so much. One of the most boring things I've watched in my whole life was a "defense focused" match like the broncos vs patriots last season. And there's a lot of those each season

In terms of pure numbers, the United States has just as many fans of soccer as most other countries, and we spend tons. The "we don't care" angle lost all credibility a long time ago, the market is expanding big time.

yeah those are called immigrants, you abject failure. talk to me when you graduate high school.

>implying immigrants aren't Americans
You dipshit this is America, we're all sons of immigrants.

>MLS teams are worth an average of $185 million -- that's up 80% from four years ago.
>"So, when you deal with Millennials and Hispanics, two really important demographics in our country and drivers of commerce and drivers of entertainment," he said, "That's a good thing."

money.cnn.com/2017/03/03/news/mls-growth-don-garber/index.html
forgot to add link.

This post reeks of CHI

MLS does a shit job of marketing the sport

we are seeing a boom in interest though, maybe in a decade we'll have a real interest

I think the truth is anyone here that would be great at soccer gets pushed into football, basketball, baseball or literally any other sport with a bigger base and better coaches.

The biggest problem with MLS is that for a long time the biggest teams sucked. I'm a Sporting KC fan, but it's hard for a league to grow when the best team is in Kansas City. Hopefully we see the Fire continue to be good and good teams coming out of NY/LA.

stop being tsundere
thestar.com/news/world/2016/09/22/us-poll-just-3-per-cent-of-americans-dislike-canada.html

USA has better sports