Eldora Dirt Derby Official Racethread

NASCAR racetrucks racing on a dirt oval and if you're not watching this you're a God damn communist.

Qualifying races on now on FS2. Feature is on FOX Business Channel for some stupid reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLKfkmKjo00
twitter.com/claygreenfield/status/887795298944380928
youtube.com/watch?v=1h556ckHMws
insidetracknews.com/multimedia/item/7161-videoeir2017a.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based visor cam

How is the heir to the Jegs fortune such shit?

I'd watch a whole race like this.

I watched like half a Michigan race one time on a in car camera in Juniors car once

I'm ready for some patrician tier racing tonight

NASCAR on dirt makes my dick hard

jesus coughlin

rolling for Feature winner

Usually when I go to dirt races theres no windshield because of the flying mud, arent these guys' windshields going to get all mucked up in the feature? They just showed a truck overheated because the grill got covered

youtube.com/watch?v=wLKfkmKjo00

Never forget Norm Bennings moment of glory

Is Rico running?

The Coughlins are drag racers.

Tear offs

lot of drag racers there tonight

Tony is so lucky that Ward decided to toke that particular night, and he was wearing a black firesuit, and that the bumfuck flyover track he was racing on had no lights.

I remember the night it happened they said he drove it to the infield and told his crew to change the tires and they were about to leave before they got stopped. He was still scheduled to race at the Glen that Sunday even after he was interviewed by police and Ward was pronounced dead.

Was that a World of Outlaws race?

>Forrister off
good job good effort

i think it was just a local sprint car division

Schraeder can still race despite his age
I've seen him run dirt late models in person, he's a scrappy driver for being in his 60s

Saw Stewart and Kahne a few months back

>Tony is so lucky that Ward decided to toke that particular night

NASCAR as a corporate entity would be killed in 2 weeks if they actually enforced any drug policies or had piss tests at tracks, whether it be local short tracks or stuff on the TV tour. The amount of drivers who smoke weed and then jump behind the wheel is exponentially larger than anyone wants to admit.

50% of the drivers would walk off the property at the sight of a piss test because they know they'd fail. The remaining drivers on the property would stand in solidarity of the boycotting drivers because racing isn't fun when there's two cars in each class.

>I remember the night it happened they said he drove it to the infield and told his crew to change the tires and they were about to leave before they got stopped.

This. Then the NASCAR disinfo machine went into effect because it's Tony Stewart and they cant have one of their stars fall from grace in the public eye. Just look at the masturbation around Dale Jr's retirement; they're paranoid of losing what they consider "marquee" drivers.

Schrader's the fucking man. I'd love to get to meet him.

>You now remember the story about him taking Junior to a strip club

HARMON NOOOOOO!

What was the reasoning behind changing the tires?

Car doesn't fit in the trailer otherwise.

>Harmon didn't even make it to the heat

That BBQ must be killer

Abreu came up just a bit short on that pass.

Oh I read it as in he wanted them to put different tires on

You know it

He's in!

is the "a" next to rico's number of any importance?

Usually means theres another car with the same number

Nah it's just a throwback to regional sprint car racing where if you travel around, someone's bound to have the same number as you, so on the scoring sheet they differentiate between the two cars with a letter.

A lot of Dirt Track cars have numbers that are a number and then a letter, so probably just playing off that for this race.

Could someone like Donny Chatz have a chance to win this race if he ran it?

Perfect pic to start the night, what are ya eatin' at the track, Sup Forums?

I like the makeshift Duct Tape numbers of the nice elaborate decals that often happens too.

>no steak sandwich

I'll have the camera, thank you

mikey shut the fuck up about your golf/basketball game for one telecast

The Pizza Burger is apparently the track's specialty, so I'd go with that.

Damn, maybe I'm just to paying out the nose at Baseball games but those prices are pretty cheap.

Pizza burgers from that part of the country are awesome
used to get them once a week in elementary school. The best!

Those prices are about par with my local short track, maybe about 35% cheaper on the average from the looks

Tony is probably making it back on the beer sales

>Kevin in the booth, and Tony wondering around the track

Where's Delanna watching the race at?

Plus does Harvick know anything about Dirt Racing? Why not get someone like Larson if he isn't going to be in it?

>making trucks Schatzwinslol too

no thank you

Haven't been to my local track since in probably 20 years. I live in a very rural area not by any decent sized city, even back then it was a fucking shithole full of drunk rednecks who were shit at racing. Can't imagine how much worse it is now.

When I saw them him and Stewart didnt even finish in the top 15, I just wonder what his ability is compared to NASCAR guys

I'm in a big city market, and it's much the same
The SuperLates are drunkard 40 yr old fatties v/s the 16-18 year olds vs the 20 something who have talent but never had a foot in the door
It's an interesting mix

We also have bombers which is just a weekly shit show of epic proportions

Always patronize your local short track

Big fish in a little pond type deal

Running Nascar is expensive. A lot of the reason Larson still does it is so he can make more money selling his dirt merch then he can his cup merch.

Allegedly this is the pizzaburger

LCQ anytime tonight?

Larson has other commitments with testing and such. It's the reason he's not in this race.

Disregard the mention

Threw this out there on Twitter earlier: What if NASCAR created a national dirt stock car racing tour that ran on weekday nights (Basically, K&N Pro on dirt)?

Could it even be done?

>12 unique posters

I'm disappointed in you /turnleft/

meh / 10

It should be ground beef simmered in spaghetti sauce, served on a bun with a slice of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices on top.
Ohio fucks everything up

dirtvision.com

I don't think it would work for long, rules would start being changed too often, and without a big purse and allure of moving up straight to the higher series of stock car racing it wouldn't gather much of a field.

Also not enough good tracks outside of the midwest, which is already saturated enough

Only if there's stage racing and a Chase

>metropolitan area of 1.6 million people
>two cars in one class

top jej

>he's still fucking salty
twitter.com/claygreenfield/status/887795298944380928

he's got permasalt

I feel bad for you leaf. We have at least a dozen for most of our divisions on any given weekend, with a few exceptions. Similar population too.

what a queer

long live norm

Wow can you imagine having so little going to for you that your still pissed off about something that happened in a race you had no chance of winning 4 years ago?

At least it was great exposure for his paving company.

I only get to my "local" track once a year but I honestly might like it even more than the Indy 500 the day after.

youtube.com/watch?v=1h556ckHMws

our shitbox class has the best steady lineup of cars.

insidetracknews.com/multimedia/item/7161-videoeir2017a.html

but on the contrary there are some classes where they're scheduled, but nobody shows up. happened last week with mods & legends cars. got to the track and pit lane was just... empty. Night finished something like 70 minutes ahead of schedule with two classes completely missing.

(also yes im posting without my trip, eat shit)

Rolling for the winner

Any one else at the track tonight? Did they show Korbin Forrister going full JJC Racing with the net down?

REMINDER,
THIS IS TONIGHT'S GRAND MARSHALL

youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ

A REAL MAN'S MAN, AND A REAL RACER

cmon norm in the black 6

classic forrister

whos idea was it to put vince welch in the booth

what the hell is this, 7 of 8 go to the main?

well, Harmon SAW the front anyway

Yeah, it's just the top 2 from the LCQ, but then they fill the remainder of the field by points. 2 trucks that attempted to race tonight won't make it to the main.

You would think more Cup guys would give this a shot

I don't know if Bobby Pierce is going to win tonight, but he's going to entertain everyone for the third year in a row

>Fox Business Network

This shit being broadcast on FBN and not the FOX network OTA is a fucking national tragedy close in magnitude to the USS Liberty incident.
I'm not fucking kidding

Attention to any and all race attendees, please make sure to pick up your very own Eldora pork tenderloin at the main concession concourse

How can Indianapolis Motor Speedway's pork tenderloin ever recover from this and even come close to competing in the future?

>most interesting NASCAR race of the year
>on fucking channel 715

meanwhile FS1 is showing soccer and FS2 is showing bullriding

I was going to watch Beaner Hatin' Lou but this is on so I'm here instead.

kind of looks like a dog vomited on a paper plate desu desu

About the only thing FBN is good for

i always cheered for those guys, rip oldsmobile

That is much worse than the one I had

Granted quality varies greatly at Indy nowadays. Official IMS concession stands give you those meaty lips but the 3rd party vendors all try to cheat you

EVERY TIME YOU HEAR THE TERM "SLIDE JOB" TAKE A DRINK

Good thing Larry Mac isnt here to scream HIGH SIDE every 2 seconds

>mfw I find out I actually get FBN