youtube.com/watch?v=VEAf_ZztCP0
youtube.com/watch?v=QlEyR27fvGc
youtube.com/watch?v=iXLqf3ZiOoY
youtube.com/watch?v=cuyKeH8rYOg
youtube.com/watch?v=R2dygXfmFIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was

in his prime he was unreachable
tho I like his some of his new 2 step and house stuff, he has definitly decreased musically. I still have high hopes for his new album

Look at this
I'm acowardtoo
You don't need tohide, myfriend
For I'm just like you

He's alright

He is good, he is not cool.

He started a fad and it died, so did his music.

Yes

OH MY GOD

He had the normies on his dick in the early 2010s.

scary monsters and nice sprites was good, cinema was cheesy but alright too. Afterwards he got shit

Scary Monsters and Nice sprites is good before it goes all dubstep

He failed to adapt and his style was too easily reproduced.

>Sup Forums likes Skrillex now
what went wrong?

>tfw he helped produced this
youtube.com/watch?v=e4FApt6z55c
Kinda hard to believe

he’s an incredibly talented producer

:(

nobody has properly replicated his sound from scary monsters era
after that he became more like other producers but still makes interesting stuff

Most of neo-Sup Forums was 10 when he was relevant

>scary monsters and nice sprites was released 8 years ago

holy fuck

>tfw I only just realized this is the skinny singer dude from From First to Last

Both the music video for summit and the actual song remind me of when I was happy

youtube.com/watch?v=-e_3Cg9GZFU

unironically get emotional at this lyric

YES

Skrillex was the most innovative artist in electronic music. He singlehandedly created the modern brostep/edm sound that got jocked to death. He's a fantastic musician/producer with a great ear for composition. Glad to see Sup Forums finally come around after all these years

youtube.com/watch?v=5yG6iw7AeWE
>this was Skrillex 14 years ago
Where does the time go?

I love that guy. Don't really listen to his music though.

this is genuinely one of the greatest dj sets I've ever heard
youtube.com/watch?v=PRlLNfKYm8U
Apparently he also did a b2b with Four Tet at one point, but there's no rip of that.

Coki invented that sound back in 2004.
Every "brostep" producer has essentially just been remaking haunted in different ways for the past 14 years or so.
youtube.com/watch?v=FhfzFNu9I34

sonnys a great guy and also a fantastic musician, pleasantly surprised that /mu isn't shitting all over him

tf is happening to Sup Forums

We've hit the sweet spot, given that the average age is about 19 here. That means just enough time has passed for the majority to be nostalgic for their childhood when they listen back to it. At least I think that's what's happening here

And shitty indie rock is gone, thank god
I'll never understand how such a garbage derivative genre was the genre of choice here

No but honestly, he's a good musician and dj, has a good feel for what people are looking for at the moment and was able to fully capitalize on it. Popular =/= bad in this case. He produced all the music himself, and deserves the credit

what makes it hard to believe?

And he says his favourite music is by Aphex, so he's patrician as well

Because of race

seen him live once
he's fuckin good

KILL THE LIGHTS

cuz it's good

>He was

This.

His production back in 2010-2012 was pretty much on point. I'm genuinely surprised to see a bunch of anons saying good things about him in a single thread.

Everyone tried to mimick his sound but it all sounded off compared to what he made. I remember being able to tell if a song was a Skrillex track or not whenever I listened to something newly released by him.

youtube.com/watch?v=X1alBhzqUtA
youtube.com/watch?v=gvx5QM8nrZA
youtube.com/watch?v=QtsRK8W5eQY
youtube.com/watch?v=iIyE3EDCigE
youtube.com/watch?v=zDr_k5SLpoA

My interest in his music dropped off later on but he made some stuff I really liked that he made later on.

youtube.com/watch?v=PoTp-TaOf_0
youtube.com/watch?v=B_8xfmxea2M
youtube.com/watch?v=MwP8vRckByQ

I check his soundcloud for new releases whenever I remember he's still around but it always leaves me unimpressed. He actually has good taste in music and seems like a good guy.

doesn't sound too different from skream

brostep has more distortion with the growls that skrillex really pioneered when he release the Sonny Moore - Gypsyhook ep

>Coki invented that sound back in 2004.
Dude shut up.

That's the most primitive example of "dubstep sound" there is. It's seriously just a certain oscillation repeating nondescriptly in the same way for 4 minutes.

He was the first to use that sound, yes, but it's like insinuating a 14th century court jester invented math rock because he played the lyre a certain way.

>That's the most primitive example of "dubstep sound" there is
that would be loefah's horror show, to be honest.
youtube.com/watch?v=VEAf_ZztCP0

Really, you seem know very little about dubstep and why it turned out the way it did.

>doesn't sound too different from skream
ofc, skream was around back in the day.

>brostep has more distortion with the growls that skrillex really pioneered when he release the Sonny Moore - Gypsyhook ep
Of course, but Haunted is the basis for this sound, which Coki continued to develop with tunes like spongebob
youtube.com/watch?v=QlEyR27fvGc

But of course, the dubious honor of killing dubstep doesn't lie with Coki, but Rusko and Caspa. I suggest giving this dj mix a listen, this is from 2007.

he literally releases no music anymore and anything he releases will be ruined.

this is what waiting originally sounded like
youtube.com/watch?v=iXLqf3ZiOoY

this is the final version with chicken sounds instead of vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=cuyKeH8rYOg

say coki pioneered the brostep sound is like saying skream pioneered it.

take a few steps back

His sound just seems to get cheaper and crappier every year. I seriously don't get it

Even the music videos just get more lame and canned

I'd forgive someone from stumbling onto this guy and thinking Skrillex is just crappy phoned-in flavor of the month meme music. 2016 Skrillex sounds like a parody of Skrillex.

>he’s an incredibly talented producer
Eno, Phil Spector and Steve Albini undoubtedly are. Flavor of the month top 40 genre producers hardly are.

>inventor of the skrillex haircut, encouraging thousands of people to deliberately make themselves uglier with stupid fucking haircuts and piercings

>say coki pioneered the brostep sound is like saying skream pioneered it.
not really, nobody was doing this at the time, you can look at dubstep in 2006 and you won't find anything like Haunted, while after 2006 everything sounds sorta like Haunted. until it gets further and further away from this sound until you're with Caspa and from there there's no difference really to what skrillex makes
youtube.com/watch?v=R2dygXfmFIc

dang that american psycho sample at the start. nice