Futuristic movie

>futuristic movie
>evrything is worse than now, people have less individual freedom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zihTWh5i2C4?t=51m42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seems reasonable to be desu

Does not compute with history

All past times were worse than now, why would progress just stop?

Because muh future dystopia trope says so

>alien/extraterrestrial connection
>humans are the bad guys

>corporation is the bad guy
>government is the bad guy
>religion is the bad guy

>the rebels are never the bad guy

>evrything is worse than now, people have less individual freedom

literally what is already happening

Now compared with when?

with the past, recent acts of terrorism is going to change western states. less individual freedom and more surveilance/police activity

Compared with this user's idealized view of the last 20-30 years, coupled with media sensationalism making him believe the world is getting worse.

Check "virtual revolution"
You could probably like it.

>lol our governments do not want us to grant them more acces to cope with terrorism resulting from their migration policies guys! xD

From 60s till 2001 and 2008 were all better than now.

>movie set in future
>currency is 'credits'

Are you suggesting we are worse now than in the 50s?
I'm a black guy and in the 50s my family couldn't even enter public buildings

Oh yea, I want to go back to
>no TV
>no internet
>no mobile phones
>communist states
>extremely limited travel
>Cold War
>lower average wealth
>lower average lifespan
Etc etc

>inb4 you being a smartass with "2001 to 2008"

Can you read?

Does it have subs? I don't speak French. Looks interesting desu

You said progess stopped in the 60s

I've seen at an event and it was in english.
Don't know what version is online and if it has subtitles.

>the multicultural rebels lead by a strong womyn fight against the evil white men

That's pretty realistic.

With each year we're gaining more technology and insight into the universe, but we're becoming shitter people. Look at how large mental health issues are in the west. Soon grappling with depression will just be a right of passage for young people.

Yeah, the internet, TV, and cellphones didn't come about until after 2001.

>dud technology is bad

I bet you love Black Mirror

That's an actual NBC show.

Smartass

There is tons of countries in the middle east that are worse off than 30 years ago

Technology is great, but people are bad at accepting it.

But who cares about sandniggers though?
In all seriousness the world average has been steadily growing for all of human history, what you are referring to is an outlier

That's just a contingency, they are at war

France was better in 1925 than in 1945, that doesn't mean all past time was better

It's not just about war though, it's political too. Iran was developing (socially) really well in the past and has since stagnated due to western interference.

>why would progress just stop?
Because of the same complecancy that you're expressing now.

Name five of them and how they are worse

>Movie about the future
>Humans don't have computers inside their bodies
>Artificial general intelligence and it's potential effect on society is totally ignored.

>any movie where an alien or machine offers an observation on human nature.
>Human beings considered to have an evil and violent nature and it's assumed that we are doomed to destroy ourselves despite all evidence being to the contrary.

Iran now is still better than Iran in any past time

That "western interference" you say gave women lot of basic civil rights they didn't have

>every demographic projection show white people are going extinct
>futuristic movie still has a majority of white people

When will Hollywood stop this shit?

And then you talked about something that happened in the 50s, nigger.

that's rogue one

Yes, to prove the 50s were worse than the 60s, just like the 60s were worse than than the 2010s

Soon the most murderous race of all time will be gone. Feel good man

I'm talking about staging a coup and reinstating monarchism in Iran, which eventually lead to domination by Islam and Iran being financially sapped all the while.

>basic civil rights
This came about by Iran wanting to modernize, there was no active involvement from the West. It was and still is more economically beneficial for the West if the Middle East stays tribal, barbaric, and disjointed.

>every demographic projection show white people are going extinct
Not really

African, Hindu, East Asian and Arab grow faster than Western countries but that doesn't say anything. Once they reach some level of overpopulation a huge crisis will happen and one way or another they'll stop growing

Without being put in check.by this most recent election, political correctness would have ran freedom of speech into the ground.

I didn't vote for the Trumpster because I'm a centrist but the silver lining was seeing all of the tears of the far left. We as a society will now get back to the center where we belong.

That's true to form, though.

Every western (read: Developed) nation in the world is slowly allowing more and more government authority. Brexit and Trump were outliers, and both were viciously fought against by around half the population of their native countries.

Some time between revolutions of the last 150+ years and now, people became okay with losing their individual freedoms for comfort. They actively advocate for the government to take freedom, even.

When a libertarian/constitution party takes power in Presidency and Senate, I'll be inclined to think things will change. As it stands, we'll only lose more and more freedoms, and the trigger to reset probably will not happen in our lifetimes.

>political correctness would have ran freedom of speech into the ground.
Nah mate, that's completely wrong

If you have something to say that isn't politically correct then it ain't worth saying, you don't have the right to hurt people for no reason

>All past times were worse than now
This is completely debatable.

>it is more economically beneficial for the west if part of the world can't do business with the west
Yea no, go read an economics book

Debate it then

I'm on this website to practice my English, all discussions are good for it

No it's really not. Give some examples

>he doesn't have the right to say anything that doesn't incite a panic
>he defends this
Cucked

That user never said that the 60s were worse than the 50s and I wasn't alive during the 60s but the early 2000s were definitely better than the 2010s.

>allowing more and more government authority
>Brexit and Trump were outliers
How? Trump said he plans to start passing policies by executive order on day 1 of his presidency. He also clearly doesn't respect the free market and thus the ability for private enterprise to regulate the economy.

Brexit signified power returning from the EU to the British government. It's more government authority than ever before, it's more centralized and it's more specific.

You want freedom to say "Let's kill all Muslims"? You have it, the problem is that people will see you as a retard

The implications of modern times are worse than any prior point in history.

At least back in the day they actually called it slavery.

Yes, just realised it, still
He said the 50s were better than now because progress stopped in the 60s and we started going down, my point stands

That's fine if people think that. But to tell me I can't say that is authoritarian as fuck. That's literally speech censorship.

>there are literally people who think that progression of time and technology automatically makes life better

Saying that in most European countries will land you in jail.

No once censores you, but just like you want to hate Muslims in public, let normal people hate you for being intolerant

Yes, they are being intolerant with you, but it's positive hate, which is perfectly ok

Go read one yourself.

The Middle East being in shambles makes it easier for the West to prop up their puppet leaders and funnel in money and resources. They clearly do this with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iran. If Assad had lost to their rebels, they would have added Syria to that list.

It does. How can you not think that?

Would you rather live in a developed nation like Sweden or an undeveloped nation like Zaire?

>dig up something somebody said ten years go in some obscure context and has been completely forgotten about.

>irganize coordinatrd effort to completely destroy their life and get them fired from their job.

>hurr it's not censorship because it's not the government that's purposefully destroying this persons life for saying something.

Fucki you then kill yourself.

It literally makes life better, check the average of hours worked 50 years ago and now, check the life expectancy numbers, check the education numbers, check the racism numbers, compare the gender equality, compare the sexual preferences equality, etc

Because it generates violence, insulting people is just as bad, if not worse, as kicking them in the face

>He said the 50s were better than now because progress stopped in the 60s
No he didn't. He just said that life was better between the 60s and early 2000s than it is now.

That doesn't make it economically beneficial, that makes it politically beneficial. What non-military business wants to operate in a warzone?

That's also wrong

Black people in South Africa lives as pariah back then

Fall of the roman empire.

youtu.be/zihTWh5i2C4?t=51m42s

You can marry your faggy little boyfriend now. Stop complaining.

If we can break that statement into individual populations, I could argue that times were better for blacks 100 years ago than they are now, in terms of the African American community's internal health. Obviously not so much when interacting with other groups.

More African Americans were literate in 1910 than 2016
In the state of New York, more African Americans are aborted than born.
Per percentage of the population, fewer African Americans were imprisoned in 1910 than 2016
The out-of-wedlock motherhood rates have more than tripled for African Americans in the past century.
The amount of African American doctors and lawyers has only recently recovered after a three generation drop.

>Because it generates violence, insulting people is just as bad, if not worse, as kicking them in the face
Sticks and stones, lad

>Because it generates violence, insulting people is just as bad, if not worse, as kicking them in the face
Apparently it only generates violence if you're insulting minorities since it's perfectly acceptable for someone to call you a "filthy white" rough translation of what a few of my friends were called by a group of "french" niggers

The last 100 years of history (almost approximately) have been engineered by a very centralized group of people. What makes you think the next 100 years won't be?

Because the difference between Sweden and Zaire does not stop at technology you monkey

In the some countries, things have gotten worse. 50 years ago the average person in my country could by a home for a lot less even when considering inflation, get their education without insane debt, and cost of living was significantly less.

Some things have definitely gotten better, but many things have gotten worse.

>le modern capitalism is the same as being whipped in a field meme

>If we can break that statement into individual populations
We can't. Things are generally better for the most people. That is a statement of fact. You are talking about one section of "everyone"

Free market functions on a nationalist/isolationist level but you otherwise have your own citizens get outcompeted by nations with a lower quality of life for labor.

Centralizing a power to a smaller body is preferred over having the same powers afforded to a nebulous larger body.

Blacks in Africa were better under Apartheid -- some blacks today even wish it was back like it was under Apartheid.

But, guess who ruined it...

I don't understand that expression but in my country we don't have racial or religion tension, but like any other country we have violence against women
Here by insulting a woman you can go to jail, would you say that's censorship?

It's not the same, it only applies when the position in power insults the lesser

>What non-military business wants to operate in a warzone
It doesn't have to be a war zone, but a country that is oppressive and backward. The Anglo-Persian Oil Company was one of Great Britain's most valuable assets and operated all throughout the instability leading up to and after the coup against Mosaddegh.

Capitalism has nothing to do with what I said.

E.T?

>Because the difference between Sweden and Zaire does not stop at technology you monkey
You didn't answer the question. Stop dodging it. Would you rather live in a developed country or an undeveloped one?

And now it's the South African whites who live as outcasts. The place is and has always been a shithole, though judging by the "before and after" pics I've seen it's a bigger shithole now than it was then.

>Blacks in Africa were better under Apartheid -- some blacks today even wish it was back like it was under Apartheid.
lmao, do people like you even exist in real life? You are fucked in the head

>many things have gotten worse.
I'm still waiting for someone to name a few

>>im not old enough to remember before Regan

hello gen y

>It's not the same, it only applies when the position in power insults the lesser
Welp, time to check my privilege :^)

>Free market functions on a nationalist/isolationist level
Then it wouldn't be free market. Nationalism and isolationism are inherently anti-competitive.
>but you otherwise have your own citizens get outcompeted by nations with a lower quality of life for labor.
?
>lower quality of life for labor
What the hell do you mean by this statement?

>le modern times are the same as being whipped in a field for some retarded reason meme
Better? You're being stupid, is my point.

Yes, but if you say "Things are generally better" and I say "For approximately 15% of the population (in my country) they're worse" you can't just say that doesn't count. Surveys on general happiness (I know, a shitty metric) are on the drop. Even in nations touted as the happiest in the world, there are outspoken people indicating how much of an illusion that is.

People might be more distracted, but that doesn't automatically make them better. My generation will be less healthy than the one before it. That's not any better. Marriages are getting pushed off further and further, birth rates are dropping among majority groups across the western world.

Religious extremism is actually resurging, coopted by people who have no experience with the aforementioned extremism.

90% people living as literal pariah is better than 5% living in suburbs hiding under private security because they are scared of poor people stealing their goods?

You actually should, if you are a white guy from a 1st world country you can't even think how privileged you are

>he bought the slaves were treated poorly meme

I'm sure Zimbabwe wishes the white man was still running things.

>being whipped in a field for some retarded reason
Nothing retarded about whipping niggers in a field.

kek

That's not the question you asked. You asked if I'd rather in Zaire or Sweden. Those two aren't the same question, not even close.

I named some in that post. Your average person in my country could feasibly buy a home when younger, and live off of much less. Financial hardship is a huge facet of societal hardship.

>I don't understand that expression but in my country we don't have racial or religion tension, but like any other country we have violence against women
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Basically means don't be a pussy if somebody insults you.
>Here by insulting a woman you can go to jail, would you say that's censorship?
Yes. That's censorship of speech to throw somebody in jail for insulting another person.

>Owning another human being is totally chill. The slaves love it.

Do you know what "implications" means, underage? Nowhere did I say things are physically worse today.

Why do you faggots have to live by these immutable truths?

This isn't a science, it's entirely possible that the future will be worse than the present.

It's fucking retarded to think that everything will always get better without a cap, it doesn't even make any sense, it's the worse kind of optimism.

Same here, my parents bought a house by the age of 30 and I won't be even close to buy one, but that's just because the market changed

Houses are more expensive now but other stuff are cheaper. That's hardly something negative about the present

Worded the sentence poorly, but what I mean is:
If you compete on the global market, you've essentially guaranteed the forfeiture of jobs in your own country, or at least economic downturn. To compete with workers abroad in nations with fewer restrictions and a poorer quality of life, you'll have to life your own protectionist regulations, then watch the average wage plummet. With less money going into the economy, the market either has to shift to a lower demand for expensive items or collapse. Imagine if the average wage in the US was sliced in half over the next four years due total global competition.