Why the fuck do people say that first track is the best? Its not even that good compared to the rest of the album imo

Why the fuck do people say that first track is the best? Its not even that good compared to the rest of the album imo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rx25tWvIPPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Souvlaki Space Station is the only good song on this album

Best melody, best lyrics and most emotional imo
Best pop song ever conceived in my book

Will never comprehend how it's not Machine Gun in everybody's opinion

THIS
anyone else think their new album is a shit though?

Why the fuck people say Altogether is the worst track?

40 Days is where it's at tbf

Nah. The weakest of their four but by no means terrible.

because stupid people say things loudest
theres zero(0) bad songs on this album

Saying it's the worst track doesn't imply that it's a bad track, it simply means that it's the weakest of the bunch

mellon yellow is the best

but altogether is great
40 days is pretty boring and could have been snipped

What's the most underrated track on Souvlaki and why is it Sing?

spoken like someone who started listening to slowdive last year.

personally I think it is astonishing that anyone listens to souvlaki and doesn't come away from it thinking that it is one track that is one of the best ever written, and a whole album that is carried on that one track.

souvlaki space station is the one track.
as i know almost everyone in this thread is new at life.

whole album is 7-8/10.
souvlaki space station is 11/10.

>slowdive

Been with this album for YEARS. When the Sun Hits is best track.

When the Sun Hits > Alison > 40 Days > Dagger > Here she Comes

Thanks for the (You) but I think you got the wrong guy, buddy.

Best song on the album, yes.
Only good song on the album, no. Machine Gun, When the Sun Hits, and Altogether still exist.

This. That fucking bass gives me chills as soon as it fades in. It definitely stands out compared to the other tracks imo, more of a relaxing and groovy vibe

Souvlaki space station is a masterpiece of shoegaze
There's not a single bad track on the album though
I absolutely love Sing, and Melon Yellow

Alison is the best single, as far as being marketable and digestible, it probably sold many on the band. Souvlaki Space Station is the actual best track, it's magic. Defines the shoegaze movement in a way nothing else can.

Listening to CD 2 directly after the album is required, the one that starts with Some Velvet Morning and leads into more B-Sides and the ambient 5 EP. Also, Altogether should be moved to the end of the first CD, so that Dagger leads into it as a nice closer.

both of these are acceptable answers

The progression driving the verses is just IV - V over and over, which oftentimes invokes a sense of wonder. The eventual resolve to I in the chorus then sounds satisfying because of the floatiness of the verses. Other than that, one of the best melodies, best lyrics, etc. blah blah please ignore me

Honestly, for me it's Here She Comes. When i started uni i connected to that song allot.

Yeah what the hell

youtu.be/Rx25tWvIPPs

Alison, Machine Gun, When The Sun Hits, and Souvlaki Space Station are the best.

Also, this whole album is absolutely transcendent when you're high. I swear I had an out of body experience to this shit.
>inb4 dude weed lmao

Souvlaki Space Station is the best song but Alison is pure ear candy