What do you think of Abbey Road?

What do you think of Abbey Road?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=Y4lnZr022M8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

11/10

it must be a cunt having to drive that road regularly with all the beatles fans constantly using that crossing

it's .

yep

Best Beatles album

Why are car drivers impatient, angry, no fun and potential killers?

enjoy taking the bus, kiddo

I can afford cabs, little kid. Enjoy the road rage!

taxis are even worse!

Not when they're supplying you with drugs and hookers. ;)

Enjoy your stds

It's as good as any Beatles album, but in general they're not for me. I consider Beatles boring but I think that has a lot to do with people aping them for decades, so I'm bored off my ass with their style.

Just as likely to catch them from any women out there. Enjoy falling in love and catching something. ;)

correct

>Just as likely to catch them from any women out there.
No.
>Enjoy falling in love
I did. How about you?

*runs you over*

Maxwells silver hammer is pretty shit, but the ending is GOD tier. Golden skinners is comfy as fuck

Slumbers*

Fucking autocorrect

Who said we're fucking them? You're still paying for a relationship either way.

>what are mobile phones and being driven to your door?
Like I said, you're murderous.

>Who said we're fucking them?
What else do you do with a prostitute?

second to Rubber Soul
that said they're an inch apart

Punish them for being the little whores they are.

>McCartney grannying the fuck out

Why didn't Lennon save us?

>Sup Forums chimps out when Scaruffi repeats what Lennon said

but pauls granny music is best beatles

>when Scaruffi repeats what Lennon said
?

BASED LENNON. Second best Beatle behind George

That's gotta suck, being exposed to the Beatles secondhand via their imitators.

It's the weakest track on the album, but almost any other band would kill to get it on their albums.
Lennon, for all his talent and vision, was an edgy Sup Forumstant at heart.

lmao all lennons songs on that album except for come together are pure shit. the medley would be great if lennon didnt ruin it with this shitty songs

>lmao all lennons songs on that album except for come together are pure shit
Why?

So this guy who can't afford a car and wastes his money on cabs instead of using Uber/Lyft has to make up for his massive insecurity and restricted movement by condescendingly posting in a Sup Forums Beatles thread. Literally the saddest person I've encountered on the internet. Please exit the computer and save up money for a car you pedestrian fuck.

Aren't your feet tired yet? :^)

>I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>Because
two of the best songs on the album and lennon wrote both of them

>Maxwell's Silver Hammer
>Oh! Darling
the most mediocre songs on the album came from mccartney. if it wasn't for the medley, abbey road would be considered a lennon/harrison album

this is the easiest board to troll. you guys need to step up your game, you're looking really dumb here.

Looks like you were the one who got trolled, faggo

I own a car, nice try

eh i want you is fine i guess. im just a bit butthurt since i feel like lennon intentionally ruined the medley with polythene pam and mean mr. mustard. to me abbey road is pretty much lennon and mccartney clashing egos, with mccartney clearely coming out on top, which makes lennon jealous so he ruins his medley. meanwhile harrison is in the corner quietly making pretty mucg the best two songs on the album.

>he's ruining his own thread and thinks he's trolling
You're not in your car now, clown.

>his own thread
I'm not op, nice try

Are you retarded?

mate there is no way mean mr mustard and polythene pam arent written just to fuck up the medley

ment for
also yes

>mate there is no way mean mr mustard and polythene pam arent written just to fuck up the medley
They were both White Album outtakes you numbnuts

John really was a little bitch. Constantly belittling his songwriting partner at this stage in the band's relationship to the point where he literally wanted one side all to himself because he felt *that* superior to McCartney. Such a cunt. McCartney is no better attitude wise but at least he had a reason to be arrogant, being the driving force in the Beatles when everyone else was being lazy/doing drugs and had no focus or passion.

Honestly imagine your best friend and songwriting partner bitterly commenting on how dozens of your songs are garbage despite how hard you tried to keep the band together while he did drugs and ran around spouting hippie garbage with his ugly jap girlfriend. Christ. Poor Paul.

>Honestly imagine your best friend and songwriting partner bitterly commenting on how dozens of your songs are garbage
But they were.

Imagine being in a band with no one to censor and edit your bad ideas?

>But they were.

Imagine being such a John shill that you justify his fucking miserable behavior because you agree with his edgelord opinions that Paul was doing something wrong by writing pop music instead of retreading tired ass musique concrete that he already did 3 years earlier on Revolver.

Wait, you don't have to imagine that at all because you're living it.

>Imagine being such a John shill that you justify his fucking miserable behavior
Like what?

Also
>everyone else was being lazy/doing drugs and had no focus or passion.
Ecxept all the reall passionate songs on Abbey Road were John and George songs. Paul's songs were all either dishonest or meaningless
>instead of retreading tired ass musique concrete that he already did 3 years earlier on Revolver.
Show me where John did this

Also the Beatles called Paul out on his gay ideas all of the time, and stuff like the whole Get Back project and the movie and all that fell flat on its face and the members (George mostly) were happy to say hey paul you're being a bossy fuck, stop it. He was called out plenty, he didn't need a bitchy whiny songwriting partner bringing around his girlfriend to every single recording session only to retroactively make fun of the band. Fuck John, he was a hyper contrarian with no respect at all for the life he was lucky enough to lead and I'm glad he was fucking murdered because he didn't deserve the privilege he was given. He spend the last 10 years of his life bemoaning the Beatles and distancing himself from a perfectly good thing because he was salty that he wasn't talented enough to make avant garde music and that the Beatles were too popular.

>Like what?

Like the literal wikipedia quote I responded to. If you don't think it's infantile to sit there in, like, 1980, STILL complaining about how bad your songwriting partner was, you are completely delusional. John was a petulant child between 1968 to when he took four bullets.

>Ecxept all the reall passionate songs on Abbey Road were John and George songs.

Nice of Paul to encourage them to make one last album before breaking up, wasn't it?

>Show me where John did this

Paul did, that's exactly my point. John was salty that Paul was highkey the more forward thinking and well researched member of the group. He made garbage musique concrete with Yoko Ono in '68 and '69 and Paul's sitting there shrugging his shoulders writing actual songs because that shit was played out by that point.

this

best beatles album, and it has one of my absolute favorites, she came in through the bathroom window

>Like the literal wikipedia quote
Not what I'm asking. What misbehavior?

Also
>being truthful is misbehaving
No wonder you are a Paul shill

>Paul did
Where on Abbey Road did he do this?

I don't think you have any what you are talking about, and you are so mad about John being better than you and Paul in every way, you seem to have jumbled a number of facts about. I cannot fathom being as mad as you are right now

it's a 9.9 for me because of that fucking ending to She's So

So what was the medley supposed to be then?

It was supposed to be what it was, except with Her Majesty in the middle.

>Not what I'm asking. What misbehavior?

Literally shittalking and throwing shade at your friends and bandmates because you don't like their music. It'd be one thing if he said "Paul was bossy, don't like the bossiness bro" but no in all of his interviews he literally just says "Paul sucked at writing music xD"

>>being truthful is misbehaving
>No wonder you are a Paul shill

Wow, edgy as fuck dude, you sure convinced me with those hot onions.

>Where on Abbey Road did he do this?

Literally you are the fakest beatles fan on the planet bruh. The Get Back sessions and movie were trash and failed and Paul went to George Martin and said "Hey let's make one last album just like we used to, no gimmicks" and everyone agreed. The dissenting opinion between Paul and John was that Paul wanted the medley and John thought it was retarded, but Paul got his way because karma kissed John by sticking him in a fucking car crash with his jap girlfriend.

Also, are you aware of the fun trivia that John had a fucking bed installed in the studio solely for Yoko Ono to have something to lie in while she recovers so that he could keep her by his side literally at all times? Tier 1 beta bitch with a severe attachment issue.

Paul says you're welcome, fag.

It's boring but ok

like a plain ham sandwich on white bread

>Literally shittalking and throwing shade at your friends
So? He also praised him. Is there a reason you are using selective reasoning?
>in all of his interviews he literally just says "Paul sucked at writing music xD"
[citation needed]
>Literally you are the fakest beatles fan on the planet bruh. The Get Back sessions and movie were trash and failed and Paul went to George Martin and said "Hey let's make one last album just like we used to, no gimmicks" and everyone agreed. The dissenting opinion between Paul and John was that Paul wanted the medley and John thought it was retarded, but Paul got his way because karma kissed John by sticking him in a fucking car crash with his jap girlfriend.
So what does any of this have to do with Musique Concrete?
>Also, are you aware of the fun trivia that John had a fucking bed installed in the studio solely for Yoko Ono to have something to lie in while she recovers so that he could keep her by his side literally at all times?
So? That's fine.

>So? He also praised him. Is there a reason you are using selective reasoning?

It doesn't matter if he threw him a bone occasionally, it's absolutely pathetic to throw your old friend, bandmate, and songwriting partner under the bus on the reg like John Lennon did to Paul. Paul was no angel either, but John was worse.

>[citation needed]

1980 playboy interview is among the worst offenders.

>So what does any of this have to do with Musique Concrete?

Lost context, oops. What I meant was Paul did musique concrete in 1966, I think you know what I'm fuckin' talking about bud.

>So? That's fine.

lol yeah ok. The band explicitly said they don't like her hanging around, she sits bedridden in a fucking hospital and they probably finally thought "Well certainly he won't drag her over here now" and he gets a hospital bed installed for her because he's overly attached to her. It's indicative of mental illness and poor treatment of his band members.

>1980 playboy interview is among the worst offenders.
He never said that in that interview. Try again
>What I meant was Paul did musique concrete in 1966
But you said he did it again in 169. Where was that?
>he band explicitly said they don't like her hanging around
But yet it's OK for Paul to force his new inlaws to handle all of the group's legal affairs?

No

Yes

>The band explicitly said they don't like her hanging around
[citation needed]

It's pretty common knowledge that the Beatles had a no girlfiends in the studio/rehearsal rule before Abbey Road

Not what I'm asking. Try again.

>He never said that in that interview. Try again

PLAYBOY: "'When I'm Sixty-Four.'"

LENNON: "Paul completely. I would never even dream of writing a song like that. There are some areas I never think about and that is one of them."

>But you said he did it again in 169. Where was that?

Jesus you are confused.

>I said Paul did it in '66
>I said John did it late as fuck in '68 and '69
>I said Paul got the band together for Abbey Road

Are you with me bud?

>But yet it's OK for Paul to force his new inlaws to handle all of the group's legal affairs?

Sure ain't, like I said, Paul was no angel. Doesn't make John any more in the right for repeatedly antagonizing his own bandmates and friends because he was unhealthily attached to Yoko.

Revolution in the Head, page 321. Also, tons of sources exist commenting on this, it's common knowledge and you know it. Yoko's role in pissing off the band members is played up way too much, but it's completely accurate, they did not like her being around all of the time.

>The band explicitly said they don't like her hanging around [in the studio], she sits bedridden in a fucking hospital and they probably finally thought "Well certainly he won't drag her over here now" [here being ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS] and he gets a hospital bed installed for her [IN THE STUDIO] because he's overly attached to her

Did that answer your question???

>Paul completely. I would never even dream of writing a song like that. There are some areas I never think about and that is one of them."
Nice quote, but it's not what I asked. Try again.

>>I said Paul did it in '66
Prove it. Post audio for it, or it didn't happen

>Revolution in the Head, page 321
Post a screenshot of the actual quote
> Paul was no angel.
So why do you take issue of people bringing it up?
Sorry, I'm not seeing any quotes from the Beatles. Try again?

>Nice quote, but it's not what I asked. Try again.

lol dude you are fucking autistic, that is clearly a jab at one of Paul's songs that he didn't need to make at all. The question wasn't "Do you like this" it was "Who wrote this", he just hates that song so much and has blasted it so many times that he *had* to add in "I would never dream of writing that."

>Prove it. Post audio for it, or it didn't happen

Christ, we're really spoonfeeding this hard, huh? If you're a troll, you got me. if you're serious, you STILL got me because I'm wasting my time arguing with the laziest, most ignorant fuck ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

>Post a screenshot of the actual quote

This is a meme, right. I'm not going to drive home and take a picture of a page from a book and underline it for you. If this is how you win arguments, okay, you win this round. Leave it to a John Lennon fanboy to win an argument by fucking attrition lmao.

>lol dude you are fucking autistic, that is clearly a jab at one of Paul's songs that he didn't need to make at all. The question wasn't "Do you like this" it was "Who wrote this", he just hates that song so much and has blasted it so many times that he *had* to add in "I would never dream of writing that."
You made the claim that Lennon constantly shit-talking and literally said "Paul sucked at writing music". You need to back up your claim (with an actual quote, since you said he said this) or admit you are wrong.
>Christ, we're really spoonfeeding this hard, huh? If you're a troll, you got me. if you're serious, you STILL got me because I'm wasting my time arguing with the laziest, most ignorant fuck ever.
That's a Lennon song though. You are supporting Lennon being better than paul.
>I'm not going to drive home
How do you know you posted the correct page, if you are not even home to reference it? Unless you just made up a random page number...

>You made the claim that Lennon constantly shit-talking and literally said "Paul sucked at writing music". You need to back up your claim (with an actual quote, since you said he said this) or admit you are wrong.

Wait, are you honest to god on the spectrum, I can't tell. That's called paraphrasing and exaggerating.

>That's a Lennon song though. You are supporting Lennon being better than paul.

Dude are you joking me? John wrote it, Paul introduced and encouraged the tape loop manipulation to create a musique concrete soundscape.

"The use of these ¼-inch audio tape loops resulted primarily from McCartney's admiration for Stockhausen's Gesang der Jünglinge. By disabling the erase head of a tape recorder and then spooling a continuous loop of tape through the machine while recording, the tape would constantly overdub itself, creating a saturation effect, a technique also used in musique concrète. The tape could also be induced to go faster and slower. McCartney encouraged the other Beatles to use the same effects and create their own loops."

Paul attended lots of avant garde live performances and was very in tune with underground music of the sort and introduced it to his bandmates.

>How do you know you posted the correct page, if you are not even home to reference it? Unless you just made up a random page number...

Wikipedia exists my boy.

Welp, someone has to rank them

1. Something
2. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
3. The End
4. Golden Slumbers
5. Here Come's the Sun
6. Oh Darling
7. Come Together
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. She Came in Through The Bathroom Window
11. Carry That Weight
12. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
13. Polythene Pam
14. Mean Mr. Mustard
15. Octopus's Garden
16. Sun King
17. Her Majesty

It was a Lennon song, but Paul was the one messing around with reversed tape loops and he's the reason they're even on the song.

>That's called paraphrasing and exaggerating.
The tools of someone who is wrong.
>Paul introduced and encouraged the tape loop manipulation
You mean based on John's desire for it to sound exotic. Without John's direction, it would not have happened. John was essentially playing his band mate as an instrument himself
>Wikipedia exists my boy.
Still not what I'm asking. Perhaps it's just more paraphrasing and exaggerating?
>It was a Lennon song
Which is the reason they were on the song. You don't seem to know much of how The Beatles worked.

I'm not even reading the thread; what have you faggots been bickering about for 70+ imageless posts?

IN particular, the transition from the Polythene Pam, the previous number, is maybe the single best musical moment in rock history!

Some dude is butthurt about John Lennon and is making up random Paul-shill hysteria

No big deal

>The tools of someone who is wrong.

No, the tools of someone having a casual fucking argument on the internet, you really are autistic.

>Still not what I'm asking. Perhaps it's just more paraphrasing and exaggerating?

You're asking how I know it's on that page. I know it's on that page because wikipedia cites the quote in question as being on that page. Does that help, pal?

>Which is the reason they were on the song. You don't seem to know much of how The Beatles worked.

That doesn't mean Paul isn't responsible for the tape loops/musique concrete bro. How can you possibly credit Lennon for that specifica-

>You mean based on John's desire for it to sound exotic. Without John's direction, it would not have happened. John was essentially playing his band mate as an instrument himself

>>John was essentially playing his band mate as an instrument himself

Holy fucking shit. Oh god. Christ.

I'm saving that. That's hilarious. 2 years from now when I've developed a Liam Gallagher-esque caricature who worships John Lennon and take it to an amateur youtube sketch comedy group, I'm going to include this in the one viral video we release before fading into obscurity so that it can become the cult meme it deserves to be.

Thank you user. Thank you so much. I don't care if this is intentionally retarded or not, as of now it's performance art and that quote is your magnum opus. Godspeed

It's a really good album. It would have been a perfect 10/10 if Maxwell's Silver Hammer was removed.

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer is perfect you fucking faggot

>the tools of someone having a casual fucking argument
kek
>You're asking how I know it's on that page. I know it's on that page because wikipedia cites the quote in question
I asked for the actual quote. You pulled something irrelevant off of wikipedia, without knowing what it actually says.
>That doesn't mean Paul isn't responsible for the tape loops/musique concrete bro
Since it was John's idea/concept, yes, it was. Sorry.

How is this relevant to Abbey Road and John Lennon anyways?
>2 years from now when I've
I doubt you will be doing anything of importance in 2 years.

I thouhgt it was George who thought of using tape loops first on Im only sleeping

Beatles wouldn't be as popular if 1D hadn't set an example for them

forgot the pic...

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=Y4lnZr022M8

no matter how much music I listen to, I always end up returning to this as probably my favorite album

You can tell they're faggots in the way they look at the camera