m.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_TEZOyNTY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3LEyTR6Ds
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jugz8kIjEfE
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sup Forums will call her a mary sue
>Sup Forums won't admit Luke is a mary sue as well

Name 3 things Luke can do that make him a mary sue

She meant that I lol'd at your post user.

But please don't speak of this movie again. I watched it in theater and I regret that.

>one character can do literally everything first try perfectly and has no flaws from the moment she appears on screen
>other character is completely useless at first and must train for a long time, fails over and over, constantly gets rescued by his friends but ends up succeeding at the end of his character development
>THEY'RE BOTH MARY SUES

how exactly is Luke a Mary Sue?

>Luke wasnt able to hit the targets with lightsaber when wearing the blind helmet thing in ANH
>Luke did not sense that Leia was his sister
>Luke cannot talk to droids
>Luke could not mind trick in ANH
>Luke did not complete his training in Empire
>Luke lost his arm by Vader
>Luke had to get saved by Leia
>Vader saves Luke from Sheev
Can we stop with this "Luke is a Mary Sue meme"?

Btw

>Rey can talk droid and communicates with BB 8 right when she meets him
>Rey can talk Wookie
>Rey can mind trick instantly
>Rey can fix up a ship that she has never been on before
>Rey gets a vision when just touching Luke's lightsaber
>Rey defeats Kylo: a Sith

>Luke is not particularly good at anything at the start
>Gets his ass handed to him in Empire despite being trained by a Jedi Master (not only that, the leader of the former council) for half the movie.

Kylo is not a sith you fucking retard.

Look... the only way I am ever going to forgive Disney for Rey being a Mary Sue is if she is either a reincarnation of Anakin, Palpatine or she joins the dark side.

>Kylo is not a sith
So what is he?

>Kylo was seduced by Snoke
>Kylo can stop lazer bullets in mid air
>Kylo wants to teach Rey the "true" side of the force

>Rey knows exactly what BB 8 is saying
>Luke has to have a computer translator program to understand what R2 D2 says

>Rey is not a Mary Sue

Either a good troll or a complete fucking retarded faggot.

she can bypass my pensi if your know what i saying;)))))

please tell me it's a bot that makes these threads, and not some lonely user genuinely laughing to himself at what a hilarious genius he is as he types this thread out for the seven hundredth time.

He's a dark force user, you have to be trained and given your Sith name by a Sith Lord to be a Sith and Snoke is not a Sith. Siths are extinct.

>I bypassed the auto sentry guns!

At least she's cute

Luke,

>doesn't have any say in his life and is super obedient to his Aunt and Uncle
>loses R2
>got knocked out by Sandpeople and passed out
>gets his shit stolen by Sandpeople
>his aunt and uncle are killed
>got his ass kicked by bar patrons in the cantina
>sucks at lightsabers
>chided by Han Solo and Princess Leia every step of the way
>creates a half ass rescue plan where they get cornered until the Princess takes over and leads
>nearly crushed to death in the trash compactor
>shoots the bridge button by accident
>would have been killed by Vader if Han didn't show up last minute

And that's just film 1. In deleted scenes, his friends on Tattooine treated him like a baby and called him "worm". He's just a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=4-j4P4Ch-Ew

If you take the next films into account, oh boy.

>disfigured and almost killed by the snow creature and blizzard
>fucks up in the snowspeeder and gets his wingman killed
>loses X-Wing in swamp
>gets lost
>doesn't see Yoda for who he really is
>sucks at being a Jedi, can't concentrate
>can't lift his X-Wing out of the swamp
>stops training to go save his friends . . . only to be saved by his friends
>gets rekt by Darth Vader and loses his hand

>his plan to rescue Han from Jabba backfires
>his mind tricks don't work on Jabba and Jabba laughs at him
>tricked by Jabba and almost eaten by one of his pets
>gets his hand blown off
>gets thrown off his bike and nearly killed by a scout trooper
>gets captured by little stuffed teddy bears
>can't convince his father to join him
>gets fried by the Emperor and would have died if Vader didn't intervene

If Obi-Wan didn't help Luke, he would have been murdered and robbed by the Sandpeople. If Obi-Wan didn't help Luke, the cantina thugs would have killed him. If C-3PO and R2 didn't stop the trash compactor, they'd be killed. If Han Solo and Chewbacca didn't show up, Vader would have been blown to bits. If Han didn't go out looking for Luke, he'd be dead.

I love this post

Kathleen only cares about female leads as she said in an interview

Sucks so much

I like this post.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_TEZOyNTY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3LEyTR6Ds

>who spends hundreds of dollars on Star Wars Hot Toys?
>Who buys all the Star Wars games?
>Who buys all the merchandise and collectable Blu Ray DVD sets?
I doubt it is females who take up that category

this will be exactly like the election

>WE WOMEN DONT NEED MEN, ESPECIALLY WHITE MEN
>turns out, you do. especially when the white men are the ones who actually show up to consume your product

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jugz8kIjEfE

>R2-D2's boops and beeps are only understood by C3PO a who translates them, often poorly, to other people
>Aside from C3PO only Han, who has spent his life with him, understands Chewbacca
>Rey comes along and can somehow have full and perfect conversation with both BB-8 and Chewbacca

Reminder: Emilia Clarke is going to be in the Young Han Solo movie

If Leia and Lando didn't help, he would have fallen to his death on Cloud City. If Vader didn't save him, the Emperor would have destroyed him.

Luke is an every man on a journey. Not a chosen one or an all powerful being. In the first movie he's a naive, pussy farmboy that needs to be rescued more times than the damsel in distress of the story. Han mocks him left and right, Leia makes fun of him and people really just don't have any respect for him.

It takes him THREE movies to get good at the Force and dueling, something Rey does in ONE movie by the second act. Luke is a fucking SCRUB in Empire Strikes Back and fucks up in nearly every scene. He's a loser. Yoda is ashamed of him and thinks he's hopeless. Luke can't do shit.

Even when he's a full Jedi in ROTJ, he can't even mindtrick a fat space gangster or beat a giant monster without a bone and a rock. He's not perfect, he's human.

He's not Neo, or Harry Potter or Anakin or Rey where they're like God's gift as this cliched "chosen one". He's just a farmboy turned soldier turned Jedi Knight. That's it. The only thing special about him is he has a good heart and cares about his friends.

-Rey enters a dark room, ornate with dark bullshit etc
-She approaches a mantel ( the mantel is dark and eerie and ornate)
-atop she sees a familiar sight
-a lightsaber hilt.
-without a weapon, she instinctively grabs it to defend herself
-suddenly she's transported. Again. Just like when she grabbed Luke's lightsaber
-she's on a balcony, in a city that goes on forever
-suddenly shes being showered in glass, shielding her eyes with her arm
-then, lightning. Not from the sky but somewhere from above.
-Only with this thunder doesn't come with thunder, it comes with yelling.
-suddenly shes somethink
-tink tink tink, then something falls to the side of her, nearly hitting her head.
-It's the same lightsaber she had reached for in that room.
-she goes to reach for it, but all of a sudden
-BLAM, a body falls at her feet and she's back in that same room, holding the lightsaber

The camera zooms out, showing her hand gripping the lightsaber, which is emitting a color she hasn't seen before; PURPLE.

"I see you you've found one of my oldest posessions..", says Supreme Leader Snoke's disembodied voice.

Luke was a bigger mary sue
>trains with the drone bot for 2 minutes and is already a jedi master
>destroys half the empire with a single shot from his spaceship
>never in danger, he always overpowers any enemy
>loved by every character he meets, there's never any conflict

youre trolling

no way you entered this thread, read what people said and thought, "please luke is a bigger mary sue!"

This. No girl who liked Rogue One as a flick is going to spend $300 on a Hot Toys Obi Wan.

That is for the die hard male fans. Not to mention the original fans who Kathleen doesnt care about.

character development is a meme for reddit fan fiction autismics. narrative is better when it plucks archetypes directly from the collective unconsciousness and forces them to collide.

jesus fucking christ

>s.jpg
It's a retarded faggot.

Yay, another Disney shilled filled shit-thread.

my fucking sides

Think you mean this

>never in danger, he always overpowers any enemy
>loved by every character he meets, there's never any conflict
JESUS CHRIST Luke almost got into a fight with the guy at the cantina and Obi Wan had to jump in to save him by cutting the guy's hand off

Luke was tied by Ewoks and almost killed if it wasnt for C3 PO who made the Ewoks fear him as some kind of magical God.

But I know you are trolling so idk why I am even replying to you

>droid malfunctions leaving him with R2-D2 who has the Princess Leia transmission
>runs into Jedi Master®™ Obi-Wan Kenobi by sheer insurmountable luck, who just so happens to be the one Leia was talking about
>masters the force in like 3 hours as an adult, when the only way it was possible before was over a decade of training as soon as they're out of diapers only to be about 2/3 the strength Luke is by the time he faces Vader.

I could go on...

>droid malfunctions leaving him with R2-D2 who has the Princess Leia transmission
HOW THE HELL is that beng a Mary Sue? That comes down to luck.

Ohh dont get me started on Rey's luck

Doesn't being a Mary Sue mostly come down to dumb luck? What are the chances that droid would malfunction at that exact moment?

>>loved by every character he meets, there's never any conflict
>Luke

Han doesn't like him. Chewie doesn't like him. Leia doesn't like him.

R2D2 doesn't really give a shit about him, Luke is just a tool. C3P0 is courteous I guess.

The rebel fighters don't really respect him and don't believe in his powers either.

There is constantly conflict with Luke in the OT whilst there is absolutely no conflict with Rey.

Understand this? Luke is never a master at everything str8 away but Rey is.

Luke had to be taught what a mind trick is whilst Rey knew what they were str8 away and after 1 shot she mastered it, not even moving her hand when she did the mind trick.

YOU HAVE TO MOVE YOUR HAND WHEN DOING A MIND TRICK BECAUSE THAT DISTRACTS THE PERSON!

Yet Rey did it with her hands tied up.

Rey is the ultimate Mary Sue end of

I forgot that R2 tricked Luke's ass and leaves. kek

You could, but you're a moron. Of course R2-D2 was sent to the planet Obi Wan was on, because his message was for Obi Wan. And of course Luke was on that planet too since Obi Wan was living there to watch over him.

He does a bunch of training with Obi Wan, then trains with Yoda for a while (multiple days at least) then goes to fight Vader, then goes back to train with Yoda multiple times (as shown in Return of the Jedi). He's even there to see Yoda die because he's with him so often.

Mean while Poe and Finn crash on Jakku because Poe needs to find BB 8. Poe then disappears and leaves Finn, even leaving BB 8 and returns to Leia without his mission complete.

BRAVO JJ

this bait will always work, wont it

I am a Sith.

idiot

>Doesn't being a Mary Sue mostly come down to dumb luck?
no

No. A Mary Sue would make their own luck.

autismo

good argument

and here comes the cuck already, disney working overtime for the damage control I see

What an honest RLM review of TFA should have been.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

I would give you the 3rd one, but that's down to the Force being strong in the Skywalker lineage.
Given significant force sensitivity can happen to just about anyone in the Star Wars universe it doesn't make him so much a mary sue for all time, he just happens to be among the significant force sensitives at the time the Jedi and Sith knew of and cared about. There were others before him.

And since he's claimed to be training new Jedi in VII there were probably others during Episodes 3 to 5 who could master the force in just as much time and there will be others. They just weren't interested or involved since their father wasn't Lucifer Skywalker/Darth Satan.

Also technically Leia acquired the ability to sense force shit right after Luke told her she could, so that's like 3 seconds to mastery compared to however long it took Obi-Wan to convince Luke he'd gain ESP since Tatooine. And this is with Luke seeing for himself things like the Mind trick first hand, Leia barely witnessed anything but as soon as Luke told her she was strong in the force she just was.

Why the fuck did 1 thousand people dislike this?? It speaks the truth.

Sure the youtuber needs to cut out the racism remarks but still he is right on point with the movie's problem

The only way I could accept this and the rest of this trilogy could save itself is if they reveal Rey's memories are false and she's actually a super secret Sith plant trained since birth to infiltrate and destroy any Jedi and resistance. I don't really care if she's Palpatine's kid or whatever, she just has to be a puppet of her own hubris.

It would be a stroke of genius if another Sith was revealed to have learned from Palpatine's success and failure how to plan ahead and around dealing with the Force's favoritism through manipulating the gullible. Fighting the Jedi at their peak is a pain in the ass and the Emperor got to lax once he was in power.

Sup Forums can't tell the difference between literal super powers and Mary Sues.

>always overpowers any enemy

Except that one time Vader fucked his shit up and cut off his hand. Or that time he got knocked out by that Sand Person. Or that other time where that wampa fucked his shit up also.

TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB

It's really tasty bait

But luke could use mind tricks

I don't know why they had such an awful cast, they were some of the worst actors I've ever seen.

Gary Stu

FTFY

you haven't seen very many movies then

>luke takes 3 movies to get moderately good at the force

Lol, retards will say anything to defend "muh female lead."

One day, I hope based Biggs will get the respect he deserves

The moment where Rey meditates mid lightsaber duel, and then proceeds to ravage Kylo is single handedly the worst scene in Star Wars.

this. Couldn't believe they were willing to put that in. It was mega super dumb, like they were trying to do something awe inspiring but it was just one of the biggest mistakes they could have done.