So, are you gonna give the remake a listen Sup Forums?

So, are you gonna give the remake a listen Sup Forums?

I'll do it just for the twice as long "do you have something against dooooooOOOOOOOOGSS"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwrVQfGkYQU
soundcloud.com/car-seat-headrest/beach-life-in-death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes because Will seems genuinely excited about the prospects of changing songs to the way he wants them to sound now
I don't expect it to be better but I'm sure it'll be good

Initially I was hesistant but the Beach-Life-In-Death single really won me over. It was pretty good.

I havent listened yet actually, it freaked me out too much initially (TF is in my top 10) and by the time I was ready they had already announced the full album and I figured I'd just wait for that

The layered guitar is really really good imo, you should give it a listen. Or perhaps just wait until the release as you said.

Do you have something against dogs always makes me smile, you just convinced me to listen to the song

Listening to it now, good job Will Toledo, that was a good dogs

No because I don't like the original to begin with

Guys I have long avoided this album, are you sure it's not a cringey listen like I've been led to believe"?

I find the ending in the new version to be better than in the original. But I still prefer the original as a whole.

I hate that the "we're to scared to do SHIT" is so inaudible in the ending.

It is, don't bother. People only like it because muh lyrics and muh feefees

It's not cringey at all. It's very sincere and lyrically a combination of humor and sadness. Don't stop after the first track like I did my first time, I figured it was gonna be generic indie sadboi shit but it's really far superior. How To Leave Town is his over all best tho.

Well I'll follow your advice, seeing as I'm not a lyric-fag
I dont care about lyrics, is it actual quality music?

That depends, I can definitely see someone finding CSH a bit cringey. For me though, discovering his backlog has been like drilling deep and finding a big well of oil. He's not infallible, but the sheer amount of material he has released that ranges from almost listenable to some of the best indierock around makes it a great artist to get into.

Yeah don't even bother. He's like 70% lyrics desu.

Yes. It very much is. Like I said, the first track is very generic, but it immediately picks up after

it may be twice as long but it's not as good as the original desu

Gotta agree on HTLT but I've been listening a lot to Monomania lately. The pairing of Los Borrachos and Souls is literally my favorite combo in all of music.

>is it actual quality music
Bait?
You understand that there's more than one quality, right?
If you're some aspergers guy who has decided/let shitposters decide for you that only a vague idea of craftsmanship can be deemed as 'good' then no one cares what you think because you're not thinking anyway.
If you value concepts and any creative work from the past 300 years then you might enjoy it.

That's a no then

That's right, you have no taste my man.

by quality music, i meant that i don't care what the artist is saying in his lyrics.
As long as the lyrics compliment the music, im fine, but if the music itself is generic or bad then the lyrics are all for naught.
And I'm not even a fan of indie rock to begin with, I feel it is very derivative and there's only so much more left in the genre that hasn't been done to death. Not to mention indie rock is already susceptible to being made for pussies by pussies, so sorry if im turned off by the indie rock furry "great lyrics and feels" album

Why are you debating an artist/album you have never listened to, and don't have the intention to listen to.

I don't care what you like, mate.
'Quality music' =/= your preferred music you autist. I answered your question, you can stop posting "only truely great music is what I like" now, it doesn't make sense and no one gives a shit.

>twin fantasy is no longer a tragedy
Its not even out but its already shit, fuck you will for ruining you best album.

It's fun!

Take it easy mate, he can't rewrite his past.

youre being inane, i never said "only truely great music is what i like" i was just explaining i personally dont care for heartfelt lyrics if its accompanied by indie rock. youre just trying to turn this into "TWIN FANTASY VS. THE MEANY ANONS"

>listening to car seat headrest
>god damn this song is great, I hope it doesn't end soon
>check
>11 minutes left of track

>this album I have never listened to isn't good because of arbitrary values I invented that aren't applicable to it and also a stigma I have against a genre tag
>Explaining why me saying that is retarded is nonsense because I am that unaware of how much of a retard I am
No one cares, you're an idiot, etc.

am I being baited? Let me clear this up for you: I don't think any of my opinions are objectively true, see where i used the word personally, here I'll show you
> i was just explaining i personally dont care for heartfelt lyrics if its accompanied by indie rock.
>personally
We good user?

Are you 12? Objectivity is a way of viewing where the aspects of the object are smen for what they are. Preference has no literal relation to any notion of objectivity. You're projecting some weird nonsense here.
No one cares what you like or whether or not you listen to anything now kill yourself you asspie.

>No one cares what you like or whether or not you listen to anything now kill yourself you asspie.
youve outed that youre baiting, musical opinions are gonna be shared on a music board desu

Where did they officially state that they're re-recording it? Now all the normies are going to be listening to the new soulless version and miss out on the true masterpiece.

>when the second part of Beach life in death hits

The vinyl is up for preorder on amazon.

yeah, this thread about an album is for people with intense aspergers to post
>I don't like [genre] because [arbitrary nonsense]
>I have never listened to this because I have decided I don't like it based on associations I have invented in my head
Totally relative to the discussion

Twin Fantasy is the most overrated album of 2010s. Sorry but it's true. Teens of Denial is his true masterpiece. You lo-fi children are so cute.

wait, there's a remake?

Teens of Denial is literally the stuff I piss when I've been drinking a lot of Twin Fantasy.

>most overrated album of 2010s
>because a bunch of losers on the internet like it
gee

we're talking about music though

nah, just this one autistic guy talking about himself and how he dislikes things he's never heard for no reason for hours at a time.

>how he dislikes things
things of which were music

>claims to dislike something he's never heard repeatedly for no reason
>still posting about it
kys

>some guy states his opinion
>other guy calls him out
>other guy still posting with him
kys

>some guy asks if he should listen to an album
>replies saying he won't and starts blogging about random buzzwords
>derails entire thread
>waiting for his mother to change his diaper
no wonder this board has gone to shit

Where can I listen to the song if I don't use Spotify?

I think it''s on Itunes as well.

No one has ripped it yet? I can't find it on youtube.

I'll listen but I doubt it'll be as good.

Doesn't seem like it. Maybe look into their subreddit or something.

I hope they don't change the cover or the artwork it came with.
it's on slsk anons.

stop asking us if it's worth listening to, stop being a pussy, and just fucking listen to it and decide on your own

it'll be changed to white on navy blue or black, just like the single.

There no Cate in the new version of the song, that alone makes it a little worse.

The chopped up glitchy “SHIT” was my favorite part... sad he took it out

>entire appeal of the album is that it's an amateur, lo-fi attempt to create power-pop style ballads by a broke college kid
>ok but wait what if... hear me out... we made the same album.. but with a major label and full professional band and like top-tier producers

Naw, there's no way I'll disavow the original Twin Fantasy for a remake. I didn't like his voice as well in the remake of Beach Life in Death and it doesn't feel right compared to the original to me, like there's not as much emotion, genuineness, involved in the remake, even though the instrumentals sound more polished. Idk, maybe I'm just being pretentious.

ill give it a shot but i've already heard the beach life-in-death remake and i don't exactly have high hopes for the project now

>top-tier producers
pretty sure will is producing the remake

GOOD STORIES ARE BAD LIVES

TAKE YOUR HAND OFF YOUR NECK AND HOLD ON TO THE GHOST OF MY BODY !!!

im pretty excited to see what they do with sober to death and what andrew does for the drums on bodys. kind of disappointed overall that this will most likely be his only release of music for another year. I WANT NEW MUSIC

I'm surprised by how much I liked the new Beached Life in Death. First is always gonna be my go to, though.

Surprised the lamezone reference remained intact, too.

You are wack my friend

no way, the style is way too Teens of Denial.

i think bodys would really benefit from a remake
the "don't you realize..." part is so good, but it's undercut by poor mixing and isn't given the oomf it should have

I really liked the shitty lo-fi sound it has, so I'm not sure how I'll feel about it. Also, the main reason I liked TF in the first place was for more personal reasons, so having it arranged might not sit well with me. It will probably get a lot of good reception though considering how popular their new sound is.

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF YOUR DICK AND HOLD

Excuse me, but may I ask what is the name of this album?

head cushion blues - gay hug album

Where can I listen to this??

kekkarino

nope, it says it's him in the credits

even will knows moya is the best lamezone character

The remake is good on its own but it is a fucking travesty compared the to original.

youtube.com/watch?v=KwrVQfGkYQU

does anyone have a link?

soundcloud.com/car-seat-headrest/beach-life-in-death

One of you is.

Dildom Andes is easily one of the greatest characters in fiction

I'll give it a listen but I'm not a fan of Will's self revisionism as seen on Teens of Style

it's as though he took away that invaluable sincerity for more verbose and pretentious lyricism on some of the remakes off that record and they just don't have that punch anymore

Those are the two worst songs on the album, desu

bait

No, it won't. the new cover is the same but cleaner.

What do you mean?

only soyboys listen to this shit. this is numale bugman cuck garbage for gay retards. such bad music.

Go back to r/mde you loser

I'm interested for sure, it'll be interested to see the direction he takes it. The beach life-in-death remake was pretty good, of course not as good as the original but pretty good. I do fear that he's pulling a Radiohead and upgrading the instrumentation but lacking the emotion of the original (see radiohead's remake of lift and man of war).

embarrassing

Can someone recommend me more music that sounds like this album?

But he doesn't make nazi music you stupid, ignorant prick.

is that album worth checking out?
what should i expect?

The old beach life in death had a "oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh" sang by cate wurtz.

timestamp?

emotionally driven cute lofi indie rock

6:43, before the Audry Bersley part.

holy fuck you're right

I find them to be so sweet.

well shit! He's gotten really good