Does anyone actually live in small towns/villages(population less than 20k) here?

Does anyone actually live in small towns/villages(population less than 20k) here?

How's life there?

I lived in one for sixteen years. It was about 700 people.

1. Everybody knows you by the name of your father, nobody knows your name
2. It's really hard to go against the norm because everybody will know about it. I know my parents got a lot of negative comments about me cause I never been into farming/logging
3. There's not much to do, biggest events are flea markets and amateur theatre
4. You get like 10-15 girls to pick from, but most likely they won't care about you
5. A car is an absolute must, no way to get anywhere otherwise. Had to go to college by car
6. It smells good
7. It's quiet
8. The stars look amazing

Note : I lived in a mountainous valley covered in forests.

hope not, can't believe I talk to ignorant farmboys daily lmfao

We have a ton in our Great Plains region.

just curious where you live now and how does it compare?

S'ok
>the 4th

>his rural areas are undeveloped

There are about 85 people in my village. It's perfect here

I live in a 4 million people Metropolitan area (Montreal)

You can't even compare, but I'll compare the points above.

1. Nobody knows your parents, or you for that reason, those who do know your name.
2. Nobody cares about what you do because the city has the worst and the best of society
3. There is something to do every day, I can go surfing, visit museum, go do paintball, go to an axe throwing range, eat out, visit gardens, parks, go play tam tams in the park near Mount Royal, Fireworks every other day in July, a music festival every month, a cultural festival also every month.
5. There are a bajillion girls, but there are also a bajillion men so they're picky as fuck
6. It can smell good, depends where you go
7. It's noisy, but nights can be the cozy kind of noisy
8. No stars except on top of the mountain

>tfw lived in a Chinese city with over 20million people
I can't understand how the west is so sparsely populated

I live a few kilometers outside a town with less than 10k. its kind of nice but also boring, you can usually walk through the town without meeting a single person during the night.

worst thing is that people are scared of standing out since everyone knows everyone

Oh and I forgot. Cars are a liability, especially in winter.

Lived in a such place as a kid. There is absolutely nothing to do so I understand why rural people have so much kids

I live in a town of around 4000 people.
In the summer it's pretty neat winter times depressing as shit, but most of the time I'm on computer anyway if not working.

Gender ratio is fucked up. Pretty much no young women here since all the grills move to cities so many take a thai wife

I'm a NEET living in a small mountain town with about 1500 inhabintants. I mostly just stay in my room and choose not to interact with people. Life for me would hardly different if I lived in a big city.

People know who I am though. I do a small bike trip in the area almost every evening around the same time. People frequently approach me and ask me if I'm the bike guy. Nobody knows my name though.

russian rural areas are pure nigger-tier.

Nah they ok. The only problem was lack of any food chain but now it's much better. Still I get used to city life too much

If I moved to a small swedish town, I wouldn't give a single fuck. They expect that out of foreigners.

Si ça te dérange pas de partager, quel village exactement ? Ou du moins, quelle région ?

I live next to a national forest. It's peaceful here.

>no roads
>no job
>full of drunkards

not sure if we have same definition of """OK"""

When I went to germany, all the small towns look very small and very comfy, but I would probably shoot myself out of boredom if I would had to spend my life there.

when's your thai waifu arriving?

My definition of ok doesn't include cheerypicked images so I doubt it's the same

>how the west is so sparsely populated
depends, some parts of Europe are very densely populated

But obviously the New World as well as Oceania is very sparsely populated.

literally 2 image if you search """russian village""" in boogle

Well it's dying out because youngster don't want to live there so no wonder. It would be more surprising if the second picture is moscow city photo

It's very slow going and restful, as you might expect, and of course there are always plenty of cows and corn

Stop bullying the Russian. I'm sure that there are some comfy Russian villages.
>local swimming hole

under 300 :^)

Shit.
Filled with unemployment and meth.

Where about's are you mate? I'm in a town of 1.9k

this thread is noice, keep it bumped

thnx

Perth, 2 million.
You'll never go to a city of this many people and still feel like you're in a town.. unless you're in adelaide.

Only a few houses around for some distance, closest town has some people. Spent a few years traveling abroad including large cities. I'll take the quiet rural every damn day.

I was thinking about a slav

I used to, it's hell

Slav girls can beat you up.

My mother lives in a town of 15k people, I visit from time to time and used to live with her. It's pretty shit to be honest. There is absolutely fuck all to do. You don't see anyone aged between 14-25 out, because they're all at home doing drugs. There is one cinema where blockbuster movies are shown for 2-3 days. When the Assassin's Creed movie came out, it was shown ONE time. Pretty rednecky culture too, and impossible to find a job.

I'll never live in the countryside again tbqh.

It's nice when you're married and in your 30s.

Beautiful. I would love to visit there. That place doesn't look like it would be spoopy at night either, just peaceful with some owls and maybe coyotes.

7k town and love it, cities are cancer

I presume they go to the cities to meet swedes :D

No, it's not spoopy at all. It's comfy, especially in autumn and winter.

The summer bugs are a real motherfucker, though.

I used to live in a town of 600. Tons of great nature all around to explore, and a very strong community.
Not sure what's up with the lighting in this photo, but this barn is nearby and I know where it is.

My brother lives in a 2k town and I visit him a couple of times a month. It's only an hour away from Athens and is well equipped in terms of terms of supermarkets etc so it's not that bad. Going out at night I see lots of underaged slags in shorts, with their much older chad boyfriends.

Where is this, I feel like I've been there.

oh, the glorious american dream, i pass

what are these called and what are they used for? ive seen them in american movies many times

I lived in a town of 400 people until recently and my life there was in no way different from living in a city of 500k people. It was nice not seeing drinks and junkies every time i left my home.

fick no, i live the capital, metropolis of 10000 people.

town of 5 000 people, childhood was good, now it kind of sucks, wanna move to city t bh

>less than 20k

is such thing even possible?

I live in a town of 3,000 people.
It feels smaller because the closest city is five hours away.

As for how life is here? I don't know. I stay inside all day.