I've come full circle, this is the best Beatles album. Has it all. You're a pleb if you disagree

I've come full circle, this is the best Beatles album. Has it all. You're a pleb if you disagree

Other urls found in this thread:

www*myrsten*nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=DfMD101X0fA
youtube.com/watch?v=cdjXQvHcw4A
youtube.com/watch?v=F4-KrrgkfWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aubxUQTK6IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aight

>Has it all
Including cheesy 80s reverb

abbey road betters

>sold

Agree OP. Perfect blend of folksy arty Beatles and early beat music . So fucking groovy. Tell me what you see" is my favorite song ever

Exactly my point, people talk about crossovers on RS and Revolver, but in my opinion each of those only have 4 or 5 good songs on each. Help is a brilliant album from start to finish with some good variety. Not a weak song on there IMHO,

Some songs 'ahead of their time' too like Ticket to Ride, one of my personal favourites. People go on about Helter Skelter which is great but then this was made even earlier and has a really cool heavy feel

>not even AHDN
Top plen

Yesterday
all my troubles seemed so far away

My only gripe is Dizzy Miss Lizzy. It's not great but it really doesn't work as a closing track. If you replace it with Yes It Is (b side of ticket to ride) it's well and truly a perfect album

Help is underrated but A Hard Days Night is better. I mean it's just ridiculous how stacked AHDN is, the entire first side is just classic after classic.

What about I'm Down?

>abbey road is better
cannot agree with this enough. second half of the album blows me away every single time

The only Beatles album where every song is good

>When i Get Home

I like I'm Down but it really is just a cheap Long Tall Sally knockoff. Their cover of that really kicks ass though, shoulda been on an album.

OP if you like the '65 Beatles sound (groovy beat music with flashes of brilliance) check out this fake album I made, using songs from Beatles for Sale and Help. It's comfy as heck

eh, its the weakest track on there but angry aggressive Lennon is still always fun to hear. It just sticks out since it's next to You Can't Do That which is like the epitome of that style.

Long tall sally is one of their best songs (I know it s a cover). I love that shit

*teleports behind you*

Why is Beatlemania so underrated? People don't even acknowledge it exists when discussing the lads most of the time. They always start at Rubber Soul. It's not fair. Beatlemania was PEAK pop music

>You're going to lose that girl
>You're going to lose
>I'll make a point of taking her away from you

Fucking Chads

I like that song. It's so true too. Don't let your girl get bored.

Easily a top 3 Beatles album for me, plus I've Just Seen a Face is my favorite Beatles song.

Incredible song. It plays in my head when I come across a particularly beautiful girl.

True words. Great album as a whole, too.

>SHE SAID THAT LIVING WITH ME
>IS BRINGING HER DOWN YEAH

it's AHDN era, but they really should've replaced dizzy miss lizzy with This Boy

What? This Boy is from 1963..

Yes It Is is an incredibly beautiful song. You're absolutely right.

shit you're right, i associated it with AHDN because it was in the movie

Sall good. I wanna rewatch Hard Days Night now, fucking thing makes me laugh

No Reply is one of the coldest beatlemania lennon songs, shame it was on Beatles for Sale (which imo is overhated but not underrated)

Beatles for Sale is a great record imo. It's when they really started to explore their art. It's a little uneven for sure, but songs like No Reply (like you said), I'm a Loser, I'll Follow the Sun, and I Feel Fine (session single) are among their best ever. I really think they invented folk-rock with this album.

Deeper cuts are great too. She's a Woman (I feel Fine b side), Words of Love, Every Little Thing, I Don't Want to Spoil the Party, What You're Doing, all wonderful tunes. This sound and the one from Help! is my favorite. Maximum groove. Perfect swan song to Beatlemania

Every Little Thing might be the best pre-Help! Beatles song.

EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES
*BUM* *BUM*

Whoever's idea it was to have those huge drums in there deserves a kiss.

Indeed. Likely George Martin. Paul wrote the song and John sang it, which is a rarity among their songs. Usually whoever wrote the song sang the lead.

>Usually whoever wrote the song sang the lead.
That's right. If you didn't already have this, it's a list of every Beatle song ever written and who was the majority songwriter. It's interesting for the reason you said, the songs sung by someone who didn't write it, but also to see the effect each Beatle had on each album.

www*myrsten*nu/worldnet/beatlesongs.htm

(asterisks are periods. spam filter, etc.)

Most John dominant: Hard Days Night
Most Paul dominant: Sgt. Pepper
Most democratic: Revolver
Revolver is usually called their best so I think it's fitting.

I always thought that was odd because Paul is far and away my favorite of the group, but Sgt. Peppers is my least favorite later period album.

MMT > Help! > white > Revolver > Rubber Soul > AHDN > Abbey Road > Let It Be > Sgt. Peppers > For Sale > With The > Please Please Me

Thanks for the link.

You wouldn't happen to be THE wings-user are you? Because as it happens, I am THE paulposter

I've been saying it for years. Welcome aboard.

Cheers negro, you got me.

It's interesting to see how Paul slowly subverts John as principle songwriter/leader as the years go on. Truly ruthless.

Infiltrate and propagate.

Going to rewatch Rockshow, fuck it. Byeee

GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, FOLLOWS THE STARS, VENUS AND MARS ARE ALRIGHT TONIGHT

>when you nut but she keeps sucking

HAHAHAHA

I can't help but really like their very first album. It has a certain energy to it, probably because they recorded it in one sitting or something like that.

Their first two albums are truly underrated. By far the least mentioned

THERE'S A PLAAAAAAAACE

Please Please Me is my least favorite Beatles album, but I still love it. It would likely still make my top 100 albums of all time (if I had one).

Listening to each of their solo careers in their entirety also puts things in perspective. All four had some real clunkers in their careers.

ringo had a little more than one

>When you're a normie on an image board

Comparatively, I would put at least 2 (two) McCartney albums over any Beatles album.

it was an ironic facebook meme reference. do you even irony you dolt

What normie even knows what Rockshow is? Maybe you should put euthanasia at the top of your to do list....

faggot

MY NIGGER

There's a place is a fuxking great song

Early period Beatles is one of those insanely underrated things because unless you know what you're looking for you won't see how good they were by then. Even their most straightforward rock 'n' roll songs were absolutely insane, and they're probably the only ones to manage to pull off Chuck Berry covers.

people forget they grinded in shitty hamburg red light disctrict basements for like 2 years straight and how tight they were just as a unit. how much that must help for your songwriting

very good point. one of the reasons Paul never wanted to stop touring was it kept you tight as a musician.

The Beatles were the ultimate sell outs from the beginning.
>spend most of your late adolescence/early adulthood playing in the basement of pubs to drunk sailors in both Germany (which at the time had loads of American sailors) and Northern Britain
>come back super tight, with huge pop songwriting chops
>sell out by singing silly love songs to teenagers to the point where they couldn't hear themselves
>rebellious enough that even the guys got into it unlike previous pop acts where you'd have girls pissing themselves in excitement and guys mocking the hell out of it
>make loads of money
>within three years you've gone from poppy rock 'n' roll to doing weird experimental shit inspired by Stockhausen
>still selling tons like never before
>manage to stop touring and still be the most popular band in the world
Don't think we'll ever have anything like that ever again.

The Beatles in general get a bad rap for being "the best." It's a bad meme, even though I personally think it's true.

Well, almost true (pic related).

>Don't think we'll ever have anything like that ever again.
No chance. I'm not idealistic of the past but if I had I had a wish it would be to grow up to experience the Beatles as it was happening day by day. It must have been so exciting.

The Beatles were more than likely an afterthought to depression and recession (if you were from the UK), communist invasion and post-war rebuild (if you were mainland Euro or Japanese), or Vietnam (if you were American).

youtube.com/watch?v=DfMD101X0fA

fuck me

Oh for sure. I imagine the threat of nuclear annihilation every day was a bummer. Like I said, the past is shitty and I'm not a "wrong generation type", but experiencing the Beatles as they came out must have been exhilarating. Rubber Soul one year, Revolver the next year, Pepper after that, etc.

>in my mind there's no sorrow

Beatles For Sale is actually a great album

(personally i think it's better than any other early beatles album)

Best album is either With the Beatles or Meet the Beatles.

I think it's a great album too, but what is the cutoff for "early Beatles" for you?

>It will never be 1967 again

What do anons

Thanks Mr. Cobain

Party like it is.

I usually see it like this:

PPM to Help - Early
Rubber soul & Revolver - Adolescent
Sgt Peppers to LIB - Late

With is the only argument for worst besides Help!. All are great, however.

Glad to see a fellow nerd do shit like this. I love my MMT/Yellow Sub combo

Wait, what? Side 2 is solid but pales in comparison to the epic Side 1. Makes the album weaker than most of their releases overall, IMO

Again, OP, no. Help! is their least-impeccable full studio album release along with With the Beatles.

>tfw you will never be normal to go out for a walk in a full paisley, smoke 100 cigarettes a day and listen to sgt peppers with your buddies

>With is the only argument for worst besides Help!
Vocal performances on All I've Got to do, Don't Bother Me, Not a Second Time, Mister Postman are some of the best in their catalogue. I still think Beatles for Sale is their weakest.

beatles music still exists

Where is Cheap Trick? Seems like your're missing a few crucial core albums here.

I fucking hate Oasis

Most of these should not be compared with the Beatles, instead there should be a whole genre called "Beatles knock-offs"

This

feel free to post all the ones i missed. im generally curious

>Side 2 is solid but pales in comparison to the epic Side 1
But side 2 has Things We Said Today and I'll Be Back

Y'all listen to that live in Hamburg album? Even it was recorded after Brian Epstein had cleaned them up a bit and even still it sounds pretty crazy. You can only imagine how they would have sounded purely unfiltered.

youtube.com/watch?v=cdjXQvHcw4A
youtube.com/watch?v=F4-KrrgkfWQ

>20/20 - s/t
>The Plimsouls -s/t
>The Nerves - One Way Ticket
>Raspberries - any of their albums

Wut is top-middle?

>Not including the album literally titled "White Pepper"

Badfinger?

Early Beatles in general is underrated (in that "serious" music people usually overlook it)

damn right

Eh, for bands that sound like the Beatles you have to stay in the 60s. The Byrds, Kinks, and Who comes closest. Other than other beat groups of course. I think of all those names the Byrds are the closest you will get to the Beatle sound without actually listening to the Beatles. The close harmonies, the blending of folk with rock/pop, the jangly guitar. I believe the two bands interacted a decent amount as well. Byrds don't get enough love on this board. They're arguably the most influential American rock act.

what are some other beatles knock off albums

this
youtube.com/watch?v=aubxUQTK6IY

Wow. I've been a Beatles fan for two decades and never heard this song until now. Incredible. John's vocals are out of this world.

>"wot u say m8"

Get the fuck out of here.

what did you mean by that