New York Times: Rogue One 'hackish', 'mediocre'

"A couple of 9-year-olds on a screen-free rainy afternoon would come up with better adventures, and probably also better dialogue."

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html

okay, what the fuck. I've been defending this film on Sup Forums for months but I'm getting seriously worried

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e_wer0DAsu4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161211-00000022-flix-movi
newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/rogue-one-reviewed-is-it-time-to-abandon-the-star-wars-franchise
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If this get's more even bad reviews Sup Forums is gonna start praising it

Perhaps he is wondering why someone would defend a movie before it even comes out.

*sighs* looks like it's job search for poor old me yet again... first CTR now this shit, why can't these fucking morons ever do something right?

wait for a real review

wait for Armond's review

He will tell us what we think about it

He needs to validate his already strong collection of Rogue One merchandise somehow

Damn that's a pretty based review

Exactly. He blew all the retards away with his BvS review. He'll bring the truth.

TOP KEK

leftist shitfest finally ending. HAHAHAHAHAAHA

At least you can talk. Who are you?

It's over.

kill yourself CTR cuck

>reviewed by a white male
really makes you think

Ok Sup Forums, George will accept your apology now.

These reviews basically make it sound like godzilla

who is this nigger?

careful, he's an honorary white man

whoah who saw this coming beside everyone that saw the trailers.

Michael jordan

the gay nigger king of Sup Forums

Are you surprised? Somehow Edwards keeps tricking Hollywood into thinking he is a competent director. You get what you pay for, Disney.

you mean babby's first day at femism skool doesn't make this a good movie????? youtube.com/watch?v=e_wer0DAsu4

They paid for a push-over corporate pawn and that's what they got. Don't blame it on him for Disney wanting nu-males as directors.

his review for Batman V Superman was hilarious. Sounded like gay fanfiction

I'm already convinced that the critics are full of shit.
So, i'm actually going to watch this instead of pirating a cam, because of the critical reaction.

Are you fucking kidding me, you newfaggot redditor cuck?

what excites you about this movie user?

>all these negative reviews
>Disney CEO had to come out for damage control saying that the movie isn't political because he knows the movie is shit and will do poorly
Rogue One confirmed bust

>his review for Batman V Superman was hilarious. Sounded like gay fanfiction

How much is the mouse house paying you faggots to keep pretending that Civil Bore was actually a good movie ?

George likes Rogue One more than TFA.

Being contrarian, but actually i just want to burn out one hang out with 'friends' watching this instead of talking to them.

Don't mind them user. Armond White BTFO all the Disney shills in three simple paragraphs and nothing they say will change that.

Just another mediocre star wars film

His review kept mentioning how buff and hot batman and superman were, user

Feels so good to see that shit fail, even with all the disney jews shilling reviews.

>As such, the movie is caught between the artistic impulses of its director, Gareth Edwards, and its corporate masters. Sometimes, it’s a beautifully constructed antidote to years and years of fake, digitized movie destruction, with precisely crafted frames and genuinely groundbreaking cinematography. At other times, it’s a bumpily edited mess that was too-obviously assembled in post-production from a variety of possible outcomes.

Lmfao this.

"Defending this film for months"?

The fuck is wrong with you it's not even a movie yet

>Somehow got lucky with Monsters
>Directed the most dull Godzilla film of all time second to Spacegodzilla
>Made a shit Star Wars spinoff movie
>Said he was 'too busy' to watch Shin Godzilla (insecure)

Is he the biggest cautionary tale for young directors?

fuck you reddit, you should have known it was going to be shit after the last one.

>The movie has severe story problems — in that the first and second acts are filled with stop-and-start momentum that keeps stumbling just when it’s getting going — as well as one of the better big action climaxes you’ll see in a theater this year. By the time Jyn and her crew are trying to steal the Death Star plans, everything Rogue One is trying to do comes together in a mostly satisfying way.

Now we know why they did the reshots. Can't have a good movie can we?

>tfw when the movie bombs and they cancel the other shitty spinoffs

Director's cut when?

>tfw Lucas buys the rights back and we get a Darth Jar Jar vs Obi Wan movie
DO IT

This is why Jim is invincible, the jews can't touch him.

>Monsters was great.
>Godzilla was fun.
>Haven't seen Rogue One and neither have you. Stop taking other people's opinion as your own.
>Shin Godzilla looks stupid as fuck.
>Is he the biggest cautionary tale for young directors?
Who is Josh Trank, Mr. Trebek?

>le diverse multicultural movie bombs

Can I get the source on the Shin quote? That's just too fucking funny. That film made his Godzilla look like such an embarrassment and with a quarter of the budget and Sci-Fi Channel-tier CGI

You're part of the problem cuck.

Oh no we wont see a strong female played by Emilia Clarke in the young Han Solo movie

>already a consensus after just hours of the embargo being lifted
what the fuck

Where did he mention Civil War?

You know people can hate a shitty movie you like without it having anything do with capeshit company wars, right?

>bombs

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahhaahhaahahahahahahahaahhahahaahhaahahhaaha

i keep forgetting this is going to be a thing

All the critics were desperate to get the reviews out

>Director wanted to make a more serious war movie
>Disney tells him to fuck off and tones it down
>Result is a mediocre forgetable movie

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

Why is Disney playing it safe? They're literally made of money right now. They can take some risks from time to time.
Goddamn.

Bane?

disney has made billions and billions of dollars on playing it safe

why would they change the process if its making so much money?

The reviews are already really bad. The drama the director and cast stirred up about race isn't helping either. Rogue One is the blunder of the year.

Go away Sup Forumsmblr

Still a better suicide squad movie than tumbler squad.

i thought monsters sucked dick, why did people like that sappy shit.

IT'S OUT

>More visceral and engaging than lesser, more popular talents like Christopher Nolan or JJ Abrams, Edwards has provided a timely action film. The politics are there, certainly, yet broad enough to take a back seat to the thrills. Where Abrams tried to mimic Lucas, to diminished returns, this revitalizes the series for our new century.

>They're literally made of money right now. They can take some risks from time to time.

Sup Forums needs to gtfo. I'll watch it.
if you're getting triggered by a female lead and boycotting it, be my guest. I'll enjoy my flick.

never, Edwards fucked up big time

he didn't even direct the reshoots

>Star Wars movies used to be a special treat
>get greedy and release a new one every year
>people grow tired of them and they bomb
Thank god. Fuck Disney.

I am still gonna watch it for Riz Ahmed, Vader and the Aussie actor.

I dont care for Jyn though

King Contrarian, our savior.

>thinking Disney Wars would be good

>>tfw when

there's every reason to believe it would have been worse if they made it the way he wanted. an edgemaster serious star wars movie probably would've ended up like batman vs. superman.

>Marvel quips
>Le strong female kills stormtroopers with a melee weapon while male watches her with awe
FUCKING HELL DISNEY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko

hm...

I've heard this before....

why the fuck is that horse grazing when there's just been a battle and a 25 foot troll is eating someone 40 feet away?

>an edgemaster serious star wars movie probably would've ended up like batman vs. superman.
So in other words: it would have become the Donald Trump of sci fi with the Empire actually standing for something?

FUG

Christ that looks horrible

>mfw when you fell for easy b8
Rip in peace, user

kill yourself

SOURCE: YOUR ASS

It was from a Japanese article about Rouge One

headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161211-00000022-flix-movi

Last paragraph he says something like he was so busy with Rogue One he was 'unfamiliar' with Shin Godzilla

You don't have to be from Sup Forums to know it's going to be garbage

>Welcome to reshoots
If Tom Cruise's The Mummy is reported to go through reshoots I will be SO PISSED

how did she kill all of them with a baton. they're wearing helmets

>There’s none of the Shakespearean space politics, enticingly florid dialogue, or experiential thrills of the best of George Lucas’s “Star Wars” entries (“Attack of the Clones” and “Revenge of the Sith”). The script of “Rogue One” is so flat and inexpressive, the direction of the actors so methodical, as to render these artists nearly robotic and synthetic. The one character with any inner identity is, in fact, a robot, K-2SO, voiced by Alan Tudyk, and the only performance with any flair at all is a C.G.I. incarnation, or, rather, resurrection.

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/rogue-one-reviewed-is-it-time-to-abandon-the-star-wars-franchise

APOLOGIZE TO LUCAS RIGHT NOW

kek this movie sucks. It's for kids anyway and I was never gonna watch it but I'm glad this united colors of Benneton in space progressive wet dream is going to bomb and be hard to watch for you.

JUST

Are you sexist? Are you saying women cannot kill men in armour?

ROTS IS A MASTERPIECE. EAT IT YOU OT KUCKS.

>the best of George Lucas’s “Star Wars” entries (“Attack of the Clones” and “Revenge of the Sith”)

if the thing is eating something else it won't eat you

hello 2016 tourist

what part of strong woman don't you understand

Seriously. It's about time we realized that 120lb women can beat fully armored 200lb trained soldiers, with nothing but a light baton.

ROTS IS A MASTERPIECE.
Yep

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng

feeling insecure little boy user? :)