Why THE FUCK didnt anybody try to catch these guys...

Why THE FUCK didnt anybody try to catch these guys? Imagine how many lives could have been saved had the firefighters deployed safety nets and inflatable devices.

On a related note, they also could have landed two helicopters on the roofs to rescue people from the upper floors.

Whoever was in charge of this operation fucked up royaly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gORu-68SHpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holograms

>catching a falling object that weighs on the average of 70-80kg

user..

Don DeLillo was running around preventing people from doing it so he could use the material in a novel.

>Why THE FUCK didnt anybody try to catch these guys?
A famous priest for the FDNY was killed by a body falling out of the sky. Bodies were falling all over the place.

>could have landed two helicopters on the roofs
they tried to land a chopper on roof but couldn't get close enough due to heat/smoke/debris/wind currents. All aircraft were grounded under threat of being shot down by military.

IT'S RAININ' MEN

OP is severely retarded and probably a faggot.

>I'll just catch a two hundred pound man falling at terminal velocity hurr durr

OP, when based Pinochet tossed commies out of helicopters, why didn't any Chileans catch them?

Curious... Is this true? That many people jumped? I remember watching the coverage and it dint seem like that many. Prob wouldn't have really covered it that much back then, news has changed so much since.

damn thats a lot of homo getting executed by ISIS

Rip off the roof and stay in bed.

>That many people jumped?

it was a touchy subject, for some reason. during the event, npr was talking to people on the ground, and one guy started discussing it and they cut his mike. also, one of the major NYT articles about it keeps saying that they "fell", which makes me wonder, is falling somehow more dignified than jumping?

>On a related note, they also could have landed two helicopters on the roofs to rescue people from the upper floors.
If you watched the news at the time you'd know there was too much smoke to land on the roof AND they did try to use trampolines for the jumpers but the first few broke them.

I watched a whole documentary explaining how everyone had been "pushed out" of the buildings by the fire, because if they committed suicide (jumped) they wouldn't go to christian heaven.

>they wouldn't go to christian heaven.

imagine being a true believer up there. hmm, either I burn to death slowly and make god happy, or jump and get it over with quickly with no pain, but then god won't let me into heaven.

Shhhh shhhhhh let him do

>everyone had been "pushed out"
Wouldn't the people that push be murderers then? Sounds like some BS made up to make people feel better about them.

I'm talking about safety nets here, plus the wind resistance from that height would have reduces the body weight on impact.

What about shooting grappling hooks from adyacent buildings a la TDK opening scene?

You'll have as much luck carrying down a dead corpse from Mount Everest.

No gravety did kill them. They where murderd they go to super heaven.

This.
The whole thing was a show.
Lol a plane just zipped through concrete and steel facade disappearing on camera.
Look how fake the impact looks.
Look at it!
Lol they could never get convincing actors for family...ever find any 911 dead peoples family? There should be 1000s.

False
a
g

>safety nets
The terminal velocity of a human body is directly related to the atmospheric density combined with the average weight and rate of acceleration, fuckhead.

Unless you had a net that could be elevated around 60 meters high and would be strong enough to stop a 80 kg human falling at 195 km/h, the person is going to die anyway.

How retarded are you? This was the pre-9/11 era where there was no such thing as international terrorism. No police, fire or rescue department was ready for what happened that day. Most people initially thought it was war.

>safety nets about 3ft off the ground
>implying going from terminal velocity to zero in 3ft won't liquify you anyway

what do nuts like you do for a living? do you all work for the post office, or Scientology, or what?

See below.

>when you chromakey the sky so much, it looks like a rainbow

youtube.com/watch?v=gORu-68SHpE

Don't worry. Retribution to the House of Saud will come soon enough.
Who has that greentext of how civil war is gonna play out in Saudi Arabia?

These are the kind of questions you get when you give 3rd world countries internet access.

>a missile
>being the same size as a plane
Wot.

Somehow, Everyone who could have done anything was tied up in this.
Some thought it was a training program.
Some were told to stand down.
Some tried and died.
It was a real shitshow.

>Safety nets saving anyone from that high
So the ppl falling down into those nets at 200mph get diced

Nice saving bro

also requesting this

I'm pretty sure they were trying to contain the fire inside the building.
Also the injured people outside. Get to those guys first because they're already there. Once the fire is down go on a rescue mission for the rest.
The ones that jumped were also really high up if your eyes are on the ground looking at those injured people you might not notice someone about to jump.

I'm positive the jumpers knew they weren't going to survive.
Maybe they thought falling to death would have been a betrer death than being burnt alive.

I was on the roof of the north tower in 1999. i remeber the roof was coverex with towers, transmitters, equipment and antenneas, looked like no room for a helo to land. other tower looked to be the same

I think the biggest problem is they told people not to evacuate and that the buildings wouldn't collapse (so there were thousands stuck in the stairway).

Then Mossad blew the primers

Do you actually, at all understand, what would happen if someone falling from the height of those towers landed on anything, bouncy/soft/hard or otherwise?

I'll put it bluntly for you, you would be witnessing the closest thing to spaghettification of a human body.

Couple hundred.

All the coverage by main stream media has disappeared down the PC rabbit hole.

Can't be inciting bad feels about the muzzies.

i think you are underestimating gravity faggot

>this guy is for real

What do you think kills you? The fall? Or the stop at the end?
I hope to god atleast to be smart enough to understand that it's not the fucking surface you impact that kills you.

>saving american lives
But why?

(you)

finland makes a solid point

Why is that such a taboo subject? I think is very sensible to jump instead of being burned alive.

Jelly europoors. Continue being unfree

>catching 80kg bodies falling at ~200km/h
sure, give it a try.

166.2 lbs is the average weight of a human male.
53m/s is the terminal velocity of a human male
so using Ek = ½ mv2 we get a kinetic energy of
233427.9 joules
Thats alot of energy a net would not have saved them
catching them would make two people dead instead of one

Not pushed by people, the reasoning was that the fire generated so much air pressure within the towers that windows blew out and people fell out as well.

There is such a thing as terminal velocity, and people have survived falls from taller heights before, without parachutes.

But yeah, in all likeliness would have made no difference.

>muh safety nets

A new meme is born

Underrated

So dumb it literally gave me a migrane attack.

Actually a firefighter was killed (probably more than one). Because a body fell on him.

You can't catch 100-200 pound falling objects from 1000 feet retard. The people were jumping from like the 80th-110th floors

Are you a retard? this isnt Tom and fucking Jerry.

What exactly do you think a low-res video of a 747 flying at full throttle into a building facade "should" look like? Do you imagine it just bouncing off and falling down?

The level of dynamics at work in these events is just not something that we see every day. We don't have any frame of reference for how structures will react under those kinds of conditions. So when we see something exceptional and out of our ordinary frame of reference, we say things like "it's hard to believe my own eyes." Shitstains like you have taken that to the next level.

Do a Google image search for "Lahaina Noon" and see what objects look like when photographed from the subsolar point on Earth. Without shadows, they appear fake -- almost like they were photoshopped into reality. But if this were to happen every day in our own location, our brains would not have the same sort of reaction to it -- it would appear normal.

>Americans
>weighing less than 100k

Tippity toppity kek

I saw it live, not on a grainy youtube clip
It was a plane

do they even have an education system in Chile you dozy cunt?

back to /TV you autistic cunt

Except terminal velocity actually reduces over a certain height due to wind resistance, otherwise parachutes wouldnt work.

A specially made safety net could handle that scenario perfectly.

do you think they could have climbed down? like shimmied between the gap on the windows?

I would kind of like to see high resolution footage of the body exploding from the impact

Because the fire service could totally have erected loads of those circus safety nets quickly enough, whilst also fighting the fire.

You're a fucking genius.

>Except terminal velocity actually reduces over a certain height due to wind resistance,

next year or so, when you take physics, you should learn that there would not be a terminal velocity if there were no wind (or air) resistance, so your comment is wrong in every way imaginable.

Yeah, we should probably just turn all of lower manhattan into an enormous bouncy castle, just in case

Don't know of any from 9/11, but there are tons of videos of that from other sources. Check Sup Forums or /gif/, if they still do that sort of thing.

firefighters don't use safety nets anymore because its a really stupid idea and it was destroying their backs.

also trying to land on a 10 foot target from hundreds of feet in the air in the middle of a big city would be incredibly difficult what with all the cross winds.

Fuck bro what was it like?

Being that fucking high would make me pass out

this is supposedly a real picture

The thought is that "excessive" coverage would cause citizens to harbor negative emotions towards Muslims.

As we have just seen over the weekend , in the US Muslims are a protected class an must not be blamed for the actions of a few people that obviously did what they did for some other reason then being Muslim.

Typical Texas not knowing how the world works.

but then this is more like what you are talking about

>chilean scientists

kek

>I'm falling at terminal velocity from the 82nd floor cuz fuck fire lol
>I'm a American weighing 250 pounds
>i have time to think about how safe I am thanks to the safety net ideas that Texas thought up
>unsure if I should bellyflop or backsplat into the soft angelic arms of the approaching net
>yolo and arms out like I'm making snow angels
>my body passes through the net like a play-doh French fry squeezer
>the firemen below are draped in blood, guts, and the 120 oz soda I slammed on the way down
>9/11, alternate universe 332-L91

>that obviously did what they did for some other reason then being Muslim

we have to consider that it's hard to imagine 100 stories when the largest structure you've ever seen was two stories tall.

I don't understand why they didn't just take the stairs or the elevators like any other normal human being.

I know what it's like to be late for a pressing appointment, but surely they must have seen that choosing to travel this way might be harmful?

WHY DIDN'T THE WORLD TRADE CENTER HAVE PARACHUTES IN EVERY ROOM???

Underweighed post.

Is it that hard to give CPR to human spaghetti?

Amazing

srry, no sarcasm emoji

But is you have a chance to read US new sources you would see what I meant.

The spin now is that Omar Mateen is not a Muslim terrorist, just a in the closet homosexual driven to violence because the right wingers shames him from a happy life as a gay

the beams were too hot, some reported that many tried but felt

I was on the roof once too in the early 90's for a school trip. The walkway was about 20 ft from the edge, but the wind was so strong I felt I might get blow off there. I held onto the hand rail the entire time.

kek, ive thought that for years now....

>Except terminal velocity actually reduces over a certain height due to wind resistance, otherwise parachutes wouldnt work.

Parachutes increase the effective surface area of a human body, essentially making the resistance from the air slightly less than the pull from gravity. This slows down the person, resulting in them falling to the ground at about 2-3 meters per second. Literally the only reason parachutes exist is to avoid people hitting the ground at terminal velocity and spreading their entrails out over a few square meters.

>A specially made safety net could handle that scenario perfectly.
The average weight of a human male is 80 kg. The terminal velocity for this person is about 200 km/h.
If you've ever read anything about fighter pilots, astronauts, or F1 drivers, you'd be aware the largest g-load a human body can take without sustaining extreme damage is about 20 g. Fighter pilots pass out at about 10 seconds of 9g exposure. The average person can not take 5g without passing out in a few seconds.

So, logically if you want someone to survive, maybe you can bring them up to 10g of force in their deceleration attempt and have an emergency trauma ambulance on site to save their life when they land. Let's look at the logic of that.

So, we're going to assume straight off the bat we have somehow managed to bring a 25 meter high safety net here. The person is going to be falling at terminal velocity onto the centre of the net, and the net is going to be about 5 meters wide.

So, at 52 meters per second, the person is going to travel that 25 meters in roughly half a second. To stop him in that distance and time, we're going to be putting about 11g on his body, which is manageable.

But you have to take into account the material used for the net.

The actual force put on this net of yours turns out to be around 8482 newtons.

Name me a flexible material that can take 8482 newtons of force quickly, keep in shape, and not break. Please.

>kek, ive thought that for years now.

Oh wow, he had a thought, he was thinking!!!

Stand back, everyone, genius American coming through!

>Name me a flexible material that can take 8482 newtons of force quickly, keep in shape, and not break

Your mom's intestinal wall?

>what is physics

Okay I have to admit that made me laugh, nice job hans.

I collect these like trophies, especially when they come from an Ausfag. Not even kidding.

good post

So I'm thinking someone is posting from an American base or not really German too much humour has been displayed!

I'm krauty as fuck.

I laughed tears

>wind resistance from that height would have reduces the body weight on impact.

I had some respect for chileposters but this is really horrid. have you been tested for autism?

why didn't anybody try to climb down the exterior?

I think a fireman was actually killed by a jumper landing on him. Pretty sure they both died.

This is stupid OP. Man this board is going down hill.