Holy fuck this is some good shit

Holy fuck this is some good shit.

One of their best definitely

I never really listened to deftones, I was expecting some soft shit and it started with Swerve City. Goddamn I was not ready for this.

It's a 10/10 for me. Gore is great too, despite mediocre reviews.

surprised by how good it was

Easily my favorite album. Out of any band.

White pony is better

One of the only nu-metal acts that most Sup Forumstants pitching in on say they like

I'm still astounded by how good this album is. It's remarkable how well put-together it feels.

10/10 as far as I'm concerned.

I thought it was underwhelming when I first heard it (which was right when it came out, I preordered it) and it started growing on me more recently, but I still feel like it's one of their weaker albums, personally.

doesnt hold a candle to diamond eyes or white pony. This is a good intro into the band though i guess, their most accessible (not that they arent accessible)

>best
Rosemary (this is easily in my top 5 favorite Deftones songs)
>runner up
Tempest
>worst
What Happened To You?
>overrated
Swerve City
>underrated
Goon Squad

Deftones have always been fantastic. They don't really fit into any particular mold as far as subcultures go, so like you won't hear the indie/art rock dominated Sup Forumscore style music people talk about them, nor are they metal enough to be talked often by metal fans, nor was their nu metal so mainstream that they are in with that crowd on the level of more popular bands, nor are the dreamy sections dreamy enough to be talked much amongst dream pop fans, etc.

But every time they are brought up, people give them love. Particularly White Pony, Diamond Eyes, and Koi No Yokan.

I used to prefer White Pony the most of their records, but since both hitting the gym and wanting my popular music listens to be heavy/hard hitting grooves, I have come to love Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan's heavier tracks a lot more.

Crazy how in the 90s they turn shitty nu metal cliches into something good, and then in the 2010s they turn shitty djent cliche (the 8 string guitars) into something good.

I agree with this completely.

wtf are you me?
Also s/t is underrated as hell.

Great album, only known for Minerva it seems.
Also Saturday Night Wrist is also insanely underrated; fuckin Cherry Waves, man.

Not sure if their s/t or SNW is their best pleb filter, but they're but those were both at the peak of their experimentalism.

Yeah, also fucking Beware, fucking Xerces, fucking Konami Code, fucking Kimdracula, fucking Riviere.
It's really hard for me ranking all the Deftones albums, everyone has a lot of gems.

The code, one of my favourite instrumental songs ever!

This music was even featured in one of our biggest television broadcasters, in the major journal they have, a few years ago

It's their best album next to White Pony

>But every time they are brought up, people give them love.

I've been on Sup Forums on and off for years, completely ignored Deftones save for hearing one of their songs in a movie. I am really glad I gave them a listen.

Gore was admittedly a bit underwhelming but I still love them

for me:
SNW > White Pony > Koi no Yokan > Diamond Eyes > s/t > Gore > Around the Fur > Adrenaline

funny, SNW is their only album I didn't like. Also not a big fan of the debut even though there are some songs on it that I like... SNW is just incredibly boring (excluding "Hole In the Earth" - why their openers are always so good?!)

For me it's:
White Pony > Koi no Yokan > Gore > S/T > Around the Fur >> Diamond Eyes > Adrenaline >>>>>>>>> SNW

This was my first Deftones album. I fucking love it. Hard to top it when it's your first experience. Diamond Eyes was the second I listened to. I like it a lot too.