Remember when movies were manly and about men doing important things without shoehorned "diversity" and women?

Remember when movies were manly and about men doing important things without shoehorned "diversity" and women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What part of russia they speak scottish again?

What?

You mean when movies were simplified nonsense of books because Hollywood thinks audiences are stupid?

He was Lithuanian

post essential mankino

>0 women

Kino theme
youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE

>0 women
>one of the highest rated movies of all time

Really makes you think...

Here we even have a good movie witha female lead, because that fact that she was female was irrelevant

>speaking in Russian and then just switching to English for the rest of the movie
immersion ruined

I really don't OP.

Except for the entire mother-daughter relationship with Newt. Did you even watch the goddam movie?

>>I wish I could have seen... Montana...

It's was done pretty well, not as good as something like Valkyre but it served its purpose. Did you really want Seam Connery saying sounds that are vaguely Russian all movie?

But aliens is shit. Alien is perfect.

That is an image from Aliens, not Alien.

>A father can't protect his daughter

The theme of motherhood completely went over your head it seems.

English with Russian accents is fine, but just stick with that from the very beginning. The filmmakers tried to have their cake and eat it too and it comes off terribly. The idea that characters would speak in Russian and then all of sudden speak nothing but English just because makes no fucking sense

It wasn't irrelevant and played into the plot quite massively. The point is it was necessary she was a women and not just put there to please

Where were the black homosexual gender neutral russians?!?!

the mama bear nonsense was forced and stupid, she was a more interesting character in the original before Cameron turned her into some badass

Considering how absolutely technical the book is, I think they did a pretty decent job of this.

why?

I liked how in the original she was just a working stiff in a terrible situation, same with the rest of the crew

In Aliens all that shit about her having a daughter, and then turning into some super-mom to protect a little girl she just met felt like lazy writing to me. Give her a macguffin to protect, a then a final boss fight followed by obligatory happy ending.

Weaver's performance is amazing, don't get me wrong, but the movie could have been far better

Her missing her daughters entire life because she spent so long in hypersleep is a pretty good reason to become an adoptive mother to someone who had just experienced losing her entire family to the same kind of creature isn't lazy writing.

Mel Gibson just made a new one.

Where've you been?

To me it just seemed like an artificial excuse to give her character motivation. I didn't care for the shift, Ripley in Alien and Ripley in Aliens come off as two different characters