Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVVH-LYt3aQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Music for nerds that want to seem tough and unique.

Haven't listened to it but the cover looks ridiculous

Cool album, cool band, not a "masterpiece" like many tool fans say but decent.

SUCC

Used to be one of my favorites when I was a huge Tool fan. Now don't care for it much though.
Listening to the song Disposition while high is incredibly euphoric though.
>inb4 dude weed lmao

10/10 full way through

Favorite track is Reflection

Been my favorite ever since I was a hardcore 14 y/o nerd and idgaf fite me

make this Sup Forumscore. get over it. stop these posts.

MEEE

DRIIIII

best prog album of the century

I like

i have no idea why people like tool

reminds me of shit 13-14 year old kids would find incredible

How many 13-14 year old kids do you know?

is that relevant?

*blocks your path*

Maybe???

soft rock dronefest

you are incredibly annoying

please this thread

This is the Tool thread, I think you're looking for the Brand New thread

MODS

Maybe if they kept the title track

Probably their best overall album, think Aenima and 10000 have some better songs tho. This has by far the best live songs tho, this album's release led to the best concerts they've ever put out
youtube.com/watch?v=oVVH-LYt3aQ
The Grudge - Probably their best opener, would say Maynard kills it with lyrics and buries it with the scream. Probably my favorite with Schism.

Eon Blue Apocalypse - I love this song, it's a cool little metal ditty that sounds like something a guitar kid who just discovered drop d would write. Also leads perfectly into next song

The Patient - Exercise in patience but payoff is pretty sweet, nice motivational lyrics, fantastic tone from Adam and Justin

Mantra - Tool's trademark weird filler, nice atmospheric tone and its origin story is pretty funny (Maynard squeezing his cat, slowed to a crawl)

Schism - Every Tool's fan first song that isn't Sober, I think it's lyrically and compositionally the most unique song on the album.

Parabol - Great calming song, interesting bass work to go with decent lyrics.

Parabola - Straight rocker, nice break from the prog stuff, intro and outro are my favorite parts

Ticks and Leeches - Danny and Maynard going hard as they can, very nice to hear. Lyrics are somewhat questionable and a little too edgy for me but I'll still listen to it now and then

Lateralus - My absolute favorite song...when I was 15. It's still a great prog rock tune and I think the guitar solo and intro are still fantastic, but definitely have loved it less as time went on, hearing nerds cream themselves about Fibonacci and Jingoism got old real fast.

Dispostion/Reflection/Triad - So fucking cool when you're tripping. Probably would like better if Dream Theater and others hadn't beat them to this style long before

Faap de Oiad - Not a Tool album without some nightmare fuel to bring us home. I think it kinda ties the album together but otherwise yeah, it's just noise.

Call it a 8.5/10

This.

I don't know what there is to discuss, its a seventeen year old record by a dad metal band that doesn't make music anymore.

schism, ticks and leeches, lateralus and faaip de oiad are actually god tier songs
the rest is kinda boring
this is overrated as fuck, but it's not bad at all

I cant decide which is better, Lateralus or 10000 days. Both are prog mastapeeces though.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC

>Tool is dad metal