Looking for an artist with a big catalogue

Looking for someone with tons of albums that arent mostly shite. ie tom waits, david bowie, brian eno.

Getting a bit bored with music lately, give me some recs for a big listening project

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
rateyourmusic.com/artist/bonnie-prince-billy-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello there! First, you used ie wrongly, it's not the same thing as eg. Don't mix the two up.

Second, Pavement.

Bob Dylan

youre gay

already listened to every pavement album probably 50+ times. good band. looking for some more obscure stuff

Maurizo bianchi, nurse with wound, acid mothers temple, stece roach

Steve roach that is

Off the top of my head

of Montreal - indie, funk, psychedelic, queer-core
The Mountain Goats - amazing unique depressing folk
Swans - heavy, slow, repetitive, post-rock, gothic rock
Frank Zappa - Guitar virtuoso, prog, doo wop, free rock, avant-garde

always wanted to try mountain goats, already love swans and of montreal is okay as well. thanks

the sunset tree and talahasse are good starters, but you really cant go wrong with them. all of their material is really solid

Neil Young

Kate Bush

Tangerine Dream
Muslimgauze
Ryuichi Sakamoto
James Ferraro
Ennio Morricone
Future Sound of London
Stereolab

Seconding Steve Roach especially if you like Eno's darker stuff like On Land and Apollo. I would add Robert Rich as well along those lines.

Devin Townsend. He's got about 30 albums, all of which I personally think are great.

Most of the early 90s gothic metal highlights are still kicking and, by extension, have sizable discographies. Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Katatonia and Anathema are all at 10+ albums a piece by this point, with PL having a synthrock phase and the latter two of that list eventually shifting into prog rock territory. MDB stuck to their guns for the most part, save the occasional oddity here and there. Still, that's a handful of decently sized discographies right there, checking out all 4 is almost 50 albums without the side material.

Bruce Springsteen

Scott Walker

Zappa. The cure. Neil young. mingus. T.monk. p.funk. madonna. Aaron turner (isis, mamiffer). Hawkwind. Daniel johnston. louie armstronng. Ella fitzgerald. Grateful dead. Solo jerry. Blondie.

Ween have a big discog especially if you include their millions of outtakes/demos

Neil Young. Archived old songs are still coming out and he has a LOT of material, including his work in Buffalo Springfield and CSN

The Church

have u listened to the fall

Came here to post this. Anything malkmus has ever put out. Silver jews, the jicks, pavement. All of it.

David Byrnes with and without talking heads. Movies and books are great too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY

sufjan stevens is the only right answer

Elvis Costello full stop

Bonnie Prince billy, huge catalog, also will be up your alley

rateyourmusic.com/artist/bonnie-prince-billy-1

and even more stuff as palace music, will oldham

the legendary pink dots & related projects

nurse with wound is a good one
try celer, too

Obvious recs based on your mentioned are leonard cohen, nick cave, mark kozelek (rhp/sun kil moon)

Tuxedomoon
Jason Molina
Esplendor Geometrico
Negativland
Motorpsycho
Xiu xiu

Autechre