Itt Good albums with shit recordings

>itt Good albums with shit recordings

>listens to hardcore punk
>complains about production

>he likes his hardcore with good production

I'd go with pic related and the Iggy Pop mix of Raw Power. Love shitty sounding punk though.

and acrobatic tenement by at the drive-in

Lol did I ever say I didn't like the production? no

>using shit as a descriptor
>obviously implies you like the production

People hate admitting it, esp the Brits, but this is a good record with no discernible levels to it at all. You have to turn it up just to hear it.

objectively the production is shit

ive been listening tot his a lot lately and it really kills me how badly recorded this is
as good as Alvin Row is it couldve been a solid 10 if u could actually hear avey

yeah man. and that screeching shitty shit on the second track just destroys me. but there's a certain appeal to it

Objectively speaking, that’s all relative, especially when you compare the production to that of their contemporaries in ‘81. You need to listen to more punk, user.

as much as I love this album, I hate that most songs have terrible mixing. You can barely hear anything most of the album, especially on La Rapet and April and the Phantom. It ruins an otherwise 10/10 for me

Glad we're finally seeing some appreciation for Black Flag on Sup Forums. Been obsessed with them since last summer, Keith Morris inspires me a lot as a vocalist

any hsuker du album

Jason Newstead must have played bass on this one, because it's non-existant

The mixing on this is really shitty. The audiotree session sounds so much better. Still a good album tho.

shit album art too.

recordings are fine but the mixing is fucked

I honestly like the way it sounds, very messy and juvenile.

>mfw it was actually recorded with headset
>mfw i have no face

That was Filofosem pleb

That album would be shit if it had good production

"Shit recordings" is what makes the albums good. And I posted Live in Leipzig and not other live Mayhem albums because it's the most popular, but Live in Zeitz and Live in Sarpsborg are recorded worse.

Actually, if you compare the production and recording quality of this album against the early singles, this is actually pretty good.

Now if you want to talk about good albums with shit recordings, try G.B.H.s City Baby albums. Attacked By Rats has a tinny guitar, and the drummer sounds like he's beating on cardboard boxes. On Revenge, the quality of the recording improves, but the bass dominates every song, when it should just act as an anchor, and serve as a bottom end. For goodness sake Ross isn't Phil Lesh, Bootsy Collins, Geddy Lee, or John Entwhistle so his bass shouldn't be so up front in the recordings.

Bands that also had good albums, but shitty recordings would be Crass, along with all their friends, including Poison Girls, Flux of Pink Indians, and Rudimentary Peni.

Practically any Venom recordings are shit even though the first two albums are GOAT!

i mean, despite shitty production being the punk thing and all, I'm pretty sure thats why listening to a punk record sounds kinda lame but seeing it live sounds like a whole different thing

I blame it on Greg having a rhythm guitarist for the one and only time. He spends way too much time on little frills and solos that take away from the simple energy the other albums have

some of burzum was intentionally recorded with bad quality, varg literally asked for the worst mic and amp they had in the studio

Drums on this sound like sheit