Why is hardcore so ignored on Sup Forums...

Why is hardcore so ignored on Sup Forums? The only hardcore punk discussions I ever see get steam are usually just about the early 80s California bands that even normies know like Black Flag and the Descendents. Plus /metal/ gets a general but it seems like /punk/ threads never pick up steam.

Other urls found in this thread:

humangarbagesfv.bandcamp.com/album/die-slow-motherfuckers
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LIDeFZdyg
youtube.com/watch?v=96doMstpi-0
youtube.com/watch?v=sLVe-__eClY
youtube.com/watch?v=oGyChQxvY3g
youtube.com/watch?v=nyrxi4FPdOg
youtube.com/watch?v=FI6EivGjZ08
youtube.com/watch?v=8SUi78m3En8
youtube.com/watch?v=SmS0WCY3Fnw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0ySuC8aTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8RxGGhXWU
youtube.com/watch?v=YvA21QXMJM8
youtu.be/6scuoNlOyds
youtube.com/watch?v=rerazXiNM6I
worldfuckingpeace.bandcamp.com/album/the-most-noble-impulse-of-man
candygonnadie.bandcamp.com/album/candy-says
gazmmtl.bandcamp.com/album/menace-to-tha-earth
youtube.com/watch?v=-KIhAJoT44A
youtube.com/watch?v=uPMLMP4d1LA
youtube.com/watch?v=JRi5K9lo4v8
youtube.com/watch?v=Clw-T64ax68
youtube.com/watch?v=OaNrWF-X7wM
youtube.com/watch?v=VcWnf9Ht1SA
youtube.com/watch?v=FJPRA2lzq-c
youtube.com/watch?v=K_gSz_tnZGc
youtube.com/watch?v=7PYxNiqlQXI
youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454
youtube.com/watch?v=g8l6MXUTNdY
youtube.com/watch?v=NLXanFtRSUY
open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/4PtADOYIdwMNIm12bqpaNg
open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/77xHoIzi8WTycL5t7dvKAv
youtube.com/watch?v=wG8R9e8KOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=54Rk5LzPx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=otXh2LfpNio
youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454&
sickoftalkfl.bandcamp.com/album/tour-promo
youtube.com/watch?v=CxVrEgu6XfE
youtube.com/watch?v=weGJ1kfUkkA
youtube.com/watch?v=vMw8l3dTZfU
youtube.com/watch?v=_igsAuZNJHM
youtube.com/watch?v=RXs3ENJ1W7A
youtube.com/watch?v=IKZMp7n_soQ&t=1150s
youtube.com/watch?v=yzWOY-Jvi7o
youtube.com/watch?v=3fn3tZMEXJE
youtube.com/watch?v=6sOVxa59ryk
youtube.com/watch?v=0_PUu8DtDUA
youtube.com/watch?v=q4rhgN32H3s
youtube.com/watch?v=RaQ-sdtdUcI
youtube.com/watch?v=jZFGlsIMnvc&t=962s
youtube.com/watch?v=8YgjmOECElk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Mv5sIGE7mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b5kCOMUEZ3U&t=1399s
youtube.com/watch?v=V3Svxyl5zto
youtube.com/watch?v=qUkqyrrOXVc
youtube.com/watch?v=YvCmDFuKmT8
youtube.com/watch?v=l_DE_1PtJv4
youtube.com/watch?v=IRw9VAZhNJs
youtube.com/watch?v=cyrnGYee4ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw2SNT7MrMU
youtube.com/watch?v=6D6Ld6coNr0
youtube.com/watch?v=aow3KVspfiU
youtube.com/watch?v=dQD8mStktTE
youtube.com/watch?v=oZiejN2qEww
youtube.com/watch?v=LrEHLVg3oyc
youtube.com/watch?v=xKmeitWGpw8
youtube.com/watch?v=AHj1GMgOp3U
youtube.com/watch?v=lvDgIhMKePg
youtube.com/watch?v=xH3wSDT2prU
youtube.com/watch?v=PEl55XaquGI
youtube.com/watch?v=HyNBmTNzCgQ&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=JHNybk6P7SA&t=1204s
youtube.com/watch?v=jlWGfbGD8iE
youtube.com/watch?v=GidoN2XpeJk
youtube.com/watch?v=UCifd8WV-50
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hardcore punk is for the mentally retarded. Who the fuck wants to listen to a bunch of dipshits who can't even figure out how to play their instruments preach half baked adolescent political ideologies.

Muh energy

Fuck you, every time I see some skinnyfat faggot at a concert wearing a patch jacket I want to knock his teeth out

What music do you listen to?

because the nu-males of neo/nu-Sup Forums don't like high test machismo

do it faggot

because Sup Forums only likes faggot soft music like indie rock or the threads devolve into political arguing.

humangarbagesfv.bandcamp.com/album/die-slow-motherfuckers

Jamiroquai.

Honestly it's a genre with a very limited shelf life. As you get older you kind of realize how dumb it is. Not that it's a bad thing since it can be quite fun.

Most kids nowadays also probably don't care much about it either as new punk just doesn't seem to have certain visceral sound to it.

I'm open to being proven wrong.

>he doesn't like soft music
You need to grow up user, you can't be peter pan forever

see the post above, and stop talking.

Hardcore's dead dude. Sorry. 2016 had some great records though. The best I heard last year was Active Minds. Then moving a little closer to metal I loved the Prisoner album. Thats the thing. Metal is possibly bigger than its ever been for awhile now. And I've seen a direct correlation. It just sucks it up too easily. Keeping it pure like Venomous Concept is a challenge. And their grind songs even still lean more towards metal.

what you talkin about we love green day.

i listen to plenty of soft stuff but not gay shit like indie rock or top 40 pop.

mcr is a better hardcore band desu

>concert

Like current hardcore isn't nu male and safe spacey. Even moshing is being called toxic microaggression.

I used to listen almost exclusively to hardcore punk back in the day but I think the genre sort of peaked with Black Flag. Newer punk generally isn't interesting. I can't remember the last time I got excited about a punk band (probably Ceremony or Fucked Up). I dig really extreme PV-type shit like Nails, Full of Hell, Weekend Nachos, etc. and I think they are interesting but they take lots of influence from extreme metal as well. Rec me some punk, bro.

>look how grown up I am
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Depends on the band. A lot of more openly SJW bands like G.L.O.S.S. sure but a lot of these bands are Machismo leftists, like a lot of older Oi! and street punk.

2016 had some amazing punk records as well.

Child Bite - Negative Noise

If someone wants to talk hardcore on a board they can go to that shitty bridge9 meme fest. There just isn't much to talk about and it just devolves into a circle jerk anyway. Hardcore is dead I would be more generous and say that it dies out when Ceremony started sounding like Interpol but that's just me. Go post on B9 if you're dying to talk about whatever shitty crossover merch machine flavor of the month band is, high energy and having fun is a no no on Sup Forums.

Someday you'll stop calling them shows. It will happen when you start listening to people who can actually play their instruments.

This nigga... why don't you try reading your post out loud and then think about why you don't have any friends

youtube.com/watch?v=96doMstpi-0
youtube.com/watch?v=sLVe-__eClY
youtube.com/watch?v=oGyChQxvY3g
youtube.com/watch?v=nyrxi4FPdOg
youtube.com/watch?v=FI6EivGjZ08
youtube.com/watch?v=8SUi78m3En8
youtube.com/watch?v=SmS0WCY3Fnw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0ySuC8aTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8RxGGhXWU
youtube.com/watch?v=YvA21QXMJM8

Why so bitter, user?

I really like Show me the body, I don't know if they're hardcore punk exactly though.

define 'indie rock' you sad immature boy

I like Krimewatch who get shit on a lot for some reason. Is it just the hipster vibes or the whole thinly veiled misogyny the scene is so good at? Kind of worried that Turnstile's next record is going to blow but most of their fans are fuckbois so who cares?

I'm actually a huge hardcore fan, but your toxic attitudes are NOT part and parcel of the hardcore scene. Stay mad

I think it'll be super accessible for normies but I think it might overall be good for the hardcore scene if they reach Mac DeMarco tier success.

Because rap and punk are for the mentally feeble and they should be exterminated.

lmao you write like a stupid cunt. fuck off.

I just dig the energy and the NYHC throwback sound. I still think dudes shit on bands that have women in them and I'm not all that PC myself, that whole coat rack mentality (which tbth is kinda true)

Social inclusiveness is the future of hardcore. Stay mad kid.

>coat rack mentality
What's that supposed to mean? Google shows nothing.

until you and all your stupid cunt friends get raped lmao

you're so hardcore

duuuude you're so edgy man, you just saved hardcore! Time to mosh bro

I stopped because I grew out of that leftist ideology. Cro Mags are pretty cool still tho.

That idea that girls in hardcore are only there cause their boyfriends are into it. The term comes from having your girlfriend hold your merch while you moshed.

If I had a hardcore gf I'd cherish her desu

Too bad all the girls I meet who are into punk are into Orgcore

Ok thanks.

Yeah but it is nice going to a show and having someone who is willing to hold your merch, I'm big so I gotta buy my XL early. Nothing bums me out more than hearing they only have Smalls left at tge end of the show.

No prob. Here is anti coatrack song for ya
youtu.be/6scuoNlOyds

You're a big guy

No one's stopping you from starting /punk/ general.

Be the change you want to see.

Every time I've tried to start one it'd get like 20 replies then die.

Then start a new one.

Try putting an essentials chart like this in the op to spark discussion.

I think it's a maturity thing. I used to be really into punk and metal, but as I got older post punk and noise and post rock all because more appealing. Same happened with a few of my friends who were always into heavier more visceral stuff. Most punk dudes end up doing something with country at the ends of their careers if they end up becoming famous enough.

>Child Bite - Negative Noise
This is definitely a sound I would have been into 7 or 8 years ago, not feeling it tho.

My dude. Thanks for taking the time to compile this. I followed a few of these and wishlisted them on bandcamp will end up picking them up if I return to them a couple times. Slimy Member sounds like Rudimentery Peni or some shit I dig it. Krimewatch have a cool sound too and I unironically dig that they are like a mostly female band (will probably get shit for saying this). Anyway thanks I am the user you replied to you showed me some cool shit.

>thinly veiled misogyny
You'll get that in lots of music scenes. Punk isn't nearly as bad as metal or hip-hop with this though, for example.

What if I like post-punk and hardcore? Besides a lot of hardcore is kind of post-punk these days anyways.

Do you have a larger file of this?

Listen to Post-Hardcore

>Active Minds
i'm glad user, diy masters for the last 30+ years.
youtube.com/watch?v=rerazXiNM6I

Smoke Rings - Boxes was maybe the best post-punk of 2016

>worldfuckingpeace.bandcamp.com/album/the-most-noble-impulse-of-man
>candygonnadie.bandcamp.com/album/candy-says
>gazmmtl.bandcamp.com/album/menace-to-tha-earth
>youtube.com/watch?v=-KIhAJoT44A

Concealed Blade is tight.

Krimewatch is just boring imo. I saw them play a club and they were alright but they had the most boring set of the night. I'm putting money on the new Turnstile record too, it's gonna slap.

post some classic hardcore punk anons.
i'll start with some old italian ragers.
youtube.com/watch?v=uPMLMP4d1LA
youtube.com/watch?v=JRi5K9lo4v8
youtube.com/watch?v=Clw-T64ax68
youtube.com/watch?v=OaNrWF-X7wM
youtube.com/watch?v=VcWnf9Ht1SA
youtube.com/watch?v=FJPRA2lzq-c
youtube.com/watch?v=K_gSz_tnZGc
youtube.com/watch?v=7PYxNiqlQXI
pic kinda related, it's more hardcore than most stuff posted in here so far.

I'm mostly finding myself listening to mostly Post-hardcore and Post-Punk now a day. Ofc I still listen to a lot of hardcore punk because I like listening to a lot of classic stuff, the stuff in that genrethat was pretty ground breaking not just in hardcore punk but in music in general.

My taste is a lot different now than it was 6 years ago and i'm still open to the idea of joining a hardcore punk band even though (I could be wrong) A lot of the hardcore punk this decade is mostly mixed with metal and some of the bands evolved pasted hardcore punk.

I owe a great debt to punk rock for expanding my music taste past punk rock. It got me out of listening to nu metal/post-grunge. I would be the person I am today if it wasn't for punk rock

Did you hear Brutus - Burst last year?

never really got into hardcore. i just know enough to hold a conversation with fags that like it. i don't tell them it's shit though, but i also have to hold back a laugh when it's played.

ugg so many grammatical errors in this post. My bad.

I listen to a lot of hardcore punk but it's mostly the older stuff from like the 90's back.

Nah I haven't,I've been pretty slow when it comes to listening to new punk rock stuff. but i'm gonna check it out.

Do you use Spotify?

to those who think hardcore punks can't play their instruments. and that you get to old for this shit.
you have no idea what you are talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454

Man it's just generic insults that have been used against the punk genre since the beginning.

I still do. It's been mostly sleater-kinney/fugazi spam because i've been trying to learn their guitar parts by ear.

This chart is a mess but

Punk is just such a tired limited genre. It's been commercialized to death and most people realise how unsustainable the "punk lifestyle" is as they grow older. Punk used to be about counter culture but now that it's widely accepted it's culture is kinda meaningless.

I'm glad people still like the style, I guess, but it's the same shit that's been playing for thirty years.

real punks don't care about trends, culture, commercial garbage, lifestyles or any other labels.
youtube.com/watch?v=g8l6MXUTNdY

youtube.com/watch?v=NLXanFtRSUY
post top hardcore punk.

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/4PtADOYIdwMNIm12bqpaNg

Neat, I'll try it.

Awesome hope you find something you like.

A lot of modern hardcore bands are shit and all sound identical, in addition to this their all more preachy with politics e.g. all the punk bands making anti-Trump music before he even done anything.

Then there's he fact that modern social justice culture has enveloped most hardcore scenes and these scenes tend to have ridiculous rules e.g. look at Afropunk fest.

>toxic microaggression

Throwing "SJW buzzwords" together doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're talking about.

I like first 2 and the last 2 tracks a lot. I might need to check out their records. Thx mate.

Cool, I'm especially glad you liked Crushed!? I had to dig down to bedrock to find that one. I live in the same general area of the country so I'm hoping to catch them on tour.

>no Faith/Void split

wth

Where do you guys live?

Austin

Crushed is in Albuquerque

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/77xHoIzi8WTycL5t7dvKAv

I agree OP, also I hate how Sup Forums never talks about 90s emotive hardcore either. But to be fair this board is pretty fucking normie-tier now so oh well.

That's why you shouldn't drink when you watch TV cuz you forget what you saw and drinking any kind of liquor will kill your liver even beer and wine will kill it it's all the same crap! Now what I drink is a fruit and vegetable drink has over 80 fruits and vegetables in it and it makes you healthy and gives you a natural high that's very good for you keeps you in good spirits keeps you from getting depressed it makes you feel good inside! Almost maybe even better than shot of dope!

black flag isnt shit
only dbeat is real
youtube.com/watch?v=wG8R9e8KOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=54Rk5LzPx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=otXh2LfpNio
youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454&

you guys might like this

sickoftalkfl.bandcamp.com/album/tour-promo

found this on bandcamp a while ago it slaps pretty hard
not d-beat but uk82 pogo shit from malaysia or whatever mud-eating country

Not strictly hardcore punk.

Old:

youtube.com/watch?v=CxVrEgu6XfE
youtube.com/watch?v=weGJ1kfUkkA
youtube.com/watch?v=vMw8l3dTZfU
youtube.com/watch?v=_igsAuZNJHM
youtube.com/watch?v=RXs3ENJ1W7A
youtube.com/watch?v=IKZMp7n_soQ&t=1150s
youtube.com/watch?v=yzWOY-Jvi7o
youtube.com/watch?v=3fn3tZMEXJE
youtube.com/watch?v=6sOVxa59ryk
youtube.com/watch?v=0_PUu8DtDUA
youtube.com/watch?v=q4rhgN32H3s
youtube.com/watch?v=RaQ-sdtdUcI

New(er):

youtube.com/watch?v=jZFGlsIMnvc&t=962s
youtube.com/watch?v=8YgjmOECElk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Mv5sIGE7mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b5kCOMUEZ3U&t=1399s
youtube.com/watch?v=V3Svxyl5zto
youtube.com/watch?v=qUkqyrrOXVc
youtube.com/watch?v=YvCmDFuKmT8
youtube.com/watch?v=l_DE_1PtJv4
youtube.com/watch?v=IRw9VAZhNJs
youtube.com/watch?v=cyrnGYee4ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw2SNT7MrMU
youtube.com/watch?v=6D6Ld6coNr0
youtube.com/watch?v=aow3KVspfiU
youtube.com/watch?v=dQD8mStktTE
youtube.com/watch?v=oZiejN2qEww
youtube.com/watch?v=LrEHLVg3oyc
youtube.com/watch?v=xKmeitWGpw8
youtube.com/watch?v=AHj1GMgOp3U
youtube.com/watch?v=lvDgIhMKePg
youtube.com/watch?v=xH3wSDT2prU
youtube.com/watch?v=PEl55XaquGI
youtube.com/watch?v=HyNBmTNzCgQ&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=JHNybk6P7SA&t=1204s
youtube.com/watch?v=jlWGfbGD8iE
youtube.com/watch?v=GidoN2XpeJk

Youtube channels worth checking out: Atomvinter, Coxtonyardx, No Punks In K-Town, Vinod Karki, RICKVARUKERSPUNX

The original hardcore punk bands are acceptable or even good, such as black flag, but from then on the genre became and is shit.

Hardcore turned to shit after 1985, and I can't stand N.Y.H.C. L.E.S. Crew bullshit, especially bands like Agnostic Front, Warzone, Cro-Mags,Gorilla Biscuits, Cause For Alarm, and all that shit. Pre 1985 Hardcore is good, though.

I don’t listen to “standard” hardcore (except for DK but they have so much surf and rockabilly elements you can’t really call them “regular” hardcore punk) but I really like melodic hardcore bands such as Descendants, Bad Religion, early Rise Against and Husker Du, and the Misfits(if they “count”)

>>Skating Polly - Hey Sweet
youtube.com/watch?v=UCifd8WV-50

I'm not much in hardcore, but I dig this song.

>You need to grow up user, you can't be peter pan forever
what do you mean by this? please explain. i feel like my deepest painful spot is touched but i'm not sure unless you elaborate on that. please. i'm an avid grindcore and hardcore punk listener and soft music bore me out. i feel like i have too much energy to be excreted but i'm too shy to go out, and i'm 24.

lovely tune, can't find it in Spotify though

cutnpasteyoface.blogspot.com

Punk was cutting edge and relevant for the previous big generational wave. As such, it's very old hat and will be probably perpetually because after the internet,it has proven to be a model that can't adapt or compete in the new ecology. Also, it is of an older political sensibility that is no longer possible, given how leftist liberalism fused perfectly with neoliberalism and clickbait journalism. Punk is meaningless because its former positions, which it insisted on as a rule, no longer function or signify in that mode in the current climate. A given minor stylistic gesture like that can't just be the definition of cutting edge vitality perpetually - and because of this, self-policed forms like punk can't retain their charge.

except punk has always existed throughout the era, until today, even if they sucked after 1985. the legacy lives on.

I thought hardcore was pretty well liked on Sup Forums. It's British punk bands like The Clash who are hated on here, despite The Clash being the GOAT punk band.

Pretty much this
What happened to Punk is pretty much the epitome of why rock music is fading to obscurity.
Punk shows now a days are really grown man playing pretend on the real thing, like if any of you have ever been to a modern hardcore show you probably saw a bunch of people over 30 drinking some beers , jumping around a bit and then going home. The bands all sound the same and they are all "political" shouting the same old leftist jargons. You know, I'm not right wing, but I can't fucking stand grown ass men saying shit like they are 11 and just discovered left ideologies, shouting like "No gods no masters" "fuck fascists" and all that shit
If you watch any documentary about punk in the 70s and the 80s like "The Decline of Western Civilization" or "Another State of Mind" you will immediately notice the difference. Back then it was a bunch of teens wanting to get loaded and do something new and edgy, now its a bunch of lame dudes thinking they are doing that

Honestly dorks like you were never going to be a lasting part of hardcore or punk in 2018 and beyond anyway.

Do you actually go to shows? There's tons of "punk" people writing songs that breach real depth and actually doing things to back up their talk. There's also tons of bands that don't do shit on a critical level other than give kids a safe space to mosh and let some aggression out. It can go both ways. But don't give me that "punk is dead" shit just because your scene is.

Perhaps it should be. It would seriously curb the influx of gigantic faggots in this world.