/asean/

Other urls found in this thread:

rgho.st
archive.org/stream/myjournalinmalay00osborich#page/n0/mode/2up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shouldn't it be Xi rather than Jin Ping?

As long as it sounds chinese enough

>Jin Ping

>siguro mas magandang tingnan natin siya bilang isang bagong rejister ng filipino kaysa ang filipino mismo sa kasalukuyan
>Siguro idagdag nalang natin bilang bagong parte ng Filipino na hiwalay sa ngayon.
>It would be preferable to view this as a new addition to the register of the Filipino language instead of considering it as part of the Filipino language that is currently being used
>Just add it as a new kind of Filipino register from the current one
What is up with this DEEP tagalog meme?

It was supposed to be satire, I think. But some people apparently took it seriously.

ibig sabihin ko na imbis na i-consider natin ang taglish biglang filipino as a whole in the present, small part lang siya ng filipino. medyo sabaw sorry hehehehe

>maybe it's better to look at it as a new register of filipino rather than filipino itself at present

/asean/, what's a good book to read written by someone in your country?

Mayari na hinbingin kayo.

>hinbingin
ughhhhhhh

What a shitty try hard meme

Ughh

Portrait of a Filipino by Nick Joaquin

how is it a meme though lol
>a register is a variety of a language used for a particular purpose or in a particular social setting

>Siguro tignan natin ito bilang bagong rejister ng Filipino na hiwalay sa Filipino ngayon/sa kasalukuyan
Which is
>Maybe we should view it as a new register of Filipino separate from the current Filipino

As opposed to
>siguro mas magandang tingnan natin siya bilang isang bagong rejister ng filipino kaysa ang filipino mismo sa kasalukuyan
Which translates to
>Maybe it's preferable to view it as a single new register of Filipino rather than the Filipino itself at present

I am more likely to hear the former within a conversational setting rather than the latter. Because the latter doesn't flow well.

I just don't like whenever people do the "tagalog language" they suddenly sophisticate the language within a conversational setting.

Are any Vietnamese anons here?

>I just don't like whenever people do the "tagalog language" they suddenly sophisticate the language within a conversational setting.
ahh i see now.
>single new register
don't translate word per word

My bad. I wanted to emphasize my point.

I here this all the time

Its already considered a slang

been listening for mein kampf audiobook in audible for a 2 months now on the way home and work.

any good audiobooks to recommend?

>I here this all the time
Where? You're probably at a great place then. I doubt I'd hear a bunch of mechanics shout
>Anton! Maari ko bang malaman kung nalalaman mo kung saan nakatiswayon ang aking martilyo sa kasalakuyan?

>Maari
like genitalia?

L-lewd

Just change nalalaman to Alam mo
And nakatisywaon to nakakalgay

It still as deep and used here

Without Seeing the Dawn by Stevan Javellana. Not in Tagalog, but written by a Filipino author. Set in WWII and talks about the atrocities committed by the Japanese during their invasion and occupation of the Philippines.

Miguel Syjuco's "Ilustrado" - Haven't read it myself, but I've heard mixed reviews about this one. Worth a look I think.

where are you located? and what is tiswayon? something to add to my vocab

Just by the sentence I assumed its hanged or placed

Its wrong its suppose to have 3 a's

yea that's why i asked if it's like genitalia, although i should've asked if there's an abundance of genitalia instead.

Gun dealers daughter
Kilig time in a warm place
Luha ng Buwaya

All about martial law

Mga Ibong mandaragit
Guerrilla fighters against japan invasion.

i eat ass

We know

If you are interested in the salt of an old commie who have been a gorilla since the age of 15.

Here.

Nice! Can you vocaro it pls?
One user adapted Vietnamese writing for Russian language. And I wonder how it sounds and how accurate he did it.
Btw I can't guess even a word in this text.

>Fantasy Asia video game
How come this doesn't exist?

My great grandad was a commie, he said chin peng wasn't well liked even among them. Ironically my grandad was a soldier that was part of the troop that hunted the commies after that.

They exist but only east asian ones.

>tfw I learnt my granduncle was literally exiled by the state government after negotiations with the chief minister
What a surprise

Fugg I recorded it on my phone but vocaroo doesn't support mp4 file and I don't know how to change it.

o've been watching this anime but i also want to fap, what do /asean/ ?

follow your heart

Try upload it there: rgho.st

Forgot about this book, not a local but paints a picture of life in Malaya during colonial times.
archive.org/stream/myjournalinmalay00osborich#page/n0/mode/2up
There's also writings by John Turnbull Thomson but its the usual white pride world wide we are here to save them poor natives.
Syed Hussein Alatas's The Myth of the Lazy Natives
They did break into multiple cells in Thailand with differing opinion developing over the years so its not that surprising. The ex commie in charge of Piyamit tunnel in Betong hold good opinion on him.

HEY INDONESIA! When are you going to be a 1st world nation and have your own video game industry? this world is lacking in SEA games

>Developing vidya from ground up
>With negative profits due to piracy
Only thing that can happen is grinding MMO rehash or chink copy tier unless the state itself is insane enough to fund such madness.

You don't need to be a first world to make vidya, in fact we've made some indie video games. Like that horror game DreadOut, or the new in dev JRPG Legrand Legacy. There also other notable games, but mostly on mobile.

>MMO
Ugh, don't remind me.

piracy was a mistake

>Barring one SEA country without an empire or kingdom whatsoever, this region has potential.
>What is Kingdom of Singapura

>INDONESIA
>1st world nation
we wuz

Was Nusantra just Indonesian or did you at least include Malaysia and the Philippines?

honestly,though. I don't think SEA culture is popular enough to attract foreigners.

I want to go to phillipines to fuck prostitutes

attract the weebs/sinos with samurais and kung fu then use it to introduce them to SEA culture. basically,a video game that covers SEA and EA would be better.

but that's illegal

Technically speaking, Nusantara is actually a terminology devised by the Majapahit empire which literally means 'archipelago' and is used to refer the empire as a whole. Apparently some of the southern Philippines islands were under the control of the empire so congrats on being a part of something huge.

well that was underwhelming