Why are the best white musicians almost always ethnically Irish?

Why are the best white musicians almost always ethnically Irish?

Is it because like black people who have also made some of the best music ever, they too know the struggle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DehychgRSDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's because traditional Irish music is the best and it's ingrained within the culture so Irish musicians will naturally and unconsciously write in a way that includes those elements

this also american blues are a rip-off of celtic folk music

because music is all the irish have

lol

Actually falling for the "Irish wuz just az bdly treeted az tha blackz n had no ritez" meme

mods are asleep post trad
youtube.com/watch?v=DehychgRSDk

Lou Reed wasn't Irish

because suffering is Ireland's number one pastime and whenever a culture is put under pressure a couple of diamonds will pop out

The Beatles were all at least partially irish

Getting worked to death in Barbados is just a vacation, really.

The Irish are white?

As long as we're pushing boundaries, I'd say there are better huwhyate musicians from elsewhere.

irishes arent white

>I'm a tumblr

Pretty sure Japan at their peak would consider the tumblr crowd to be a bunch of faggots.

Indentured servitude is different to slavery and Indentured servitude wasn't exclusive to the Irish.

People still actually believe the Irish slave trade myth despite it being debunked hundreds of times. I guess people just don't want to listen to facts.

Indentured servitude was often worse than plain chattel slavery. The idea was that you could work your slave to death before you have to free them and pay them any due compensation.

Funny how you think being kidnapped in vast quantities and sent off to uncertain fates in foreign lands has tiers of acceptability.

What myth? It's no myth that the irish were sent off in massive numbers to the new world, in chains. The phrase "spirited away" was coined for the practice of abducting the irish from the streets.

Why do people present the Irish as examples of white slavery instead of slavs? Heck, the word itself is named after them ffs.

Why do people present the blacks as examples of slavery instead of Slavs? Heck, the word itself is named after them ffs.

Probably something to do with relevance.

Even if that's true it wasn't exclusive to the Irish, the Irish that were slaves and not indentured servants they were prisoners.

I never claimed indentured servitude was exclusive to them, in fact, I never used the phrase "indentured servitude".

You sound like an Englishmen projecting some guilt left over from Cromwell's era.

Mostly because of Americans and Anglos just as a rule. For example, the main slavic group in the US was the Poles, numbering about 10 million in descendents - about one in five Americans have Irish descent, comparatively, nearly 60 million Americans.

IRISH BLOOD ENGLISH HEART
THIS I'M MADE OF