Chris Stuckmann General /CSG/ - Rogue One Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=oxWFm5kUBGk

Previous thread>Welcome all new comers to the official Chris Stuckmann general. Here, we discuss and critic films, discuss different point of views, and share our reviews for Chris Stuckmann, the youtube movie critic. Enjoy your stay! And have fun! : )

i predict disney begging lucas to write and direct the third one

screenshot this, mein freunds

this guy is on the spectrum right?

ZODS NECK
O
D
S

N
E
C
K

Has he ever said that he's autistic? He seems like the type of person to be open about it, thinking that it makes him "special".

Nah I don't think he's autistic.

But it wouldn't surprise me to find out he's a legitimate cuck. Maybe it's my cynic side, but even as someone who used to like his reviews I feel like his wife wears the pants in the relationship... so to speak.

wait, Sup Forums likes Stuckmann?

do you guys like comicbookcast2's wife?
comicbookcast2 literally living the dream

I used to like Stuckmann a few years back. Sort of grew out of him and other YT critics.

Hearing how he and the others shilled for TFA.... I realize I made the right choice.

He looks dead inside

>shill meme
>hurr durr someone i like, likes one thing i don't like
>i unsub as recompense
welp, opinion descartes

all gingers look like that

He was on a steady decline for me desu, it wasn't just TFA. I wasn't even watching him anymore when he reviewed it -- I just know he put it as his #1 film of 2015 and gave it an A+.

Though i must admit the fallout from 'Zod's Snapped Neck' was humorous as fuck.

what's the zod's snapped neck thing? is it from when someone flipped out at him for some brief 'how he would fix bvs' thing he wrote?

Why does he sound like he's so desperately trying to be positive about the film? It's like eggshell: the review

Nothing wrong about disliking something just because you're a fan of the franchise.

I think you're reading into it too much. Stuckmann tends to speak in the tone you describe unless he's very excited and giddy about something

Because he is probably desperate to try to be positive about it.

Don't forget. Not only did he praise The Force Awakens, he gave it an A+ and it was his favorite film of 2015.

stop posting this guy on here. he's a narcissistic puss who cries about shit on camera.

He reviews come off as so fake.

He's probably just a regular dudebro that just wants to get advanced screenings.

TFA was great though.

Because the only reason he saw the movie early is because Disney sent him advanced tickets, and they don't give those to people who shit on their movies.

This
I too thoroughly enjoy it

>but i hate TFA
>this one difference in opinion means i must unsubscribe
you being ironically intolerant to a difference of opinon or ya just trollin?

ahhh you just trollin i know anons are cooler than that :D

>muh Starshit is about characters
Eh I just want WW2 in space. Hope Edwards at least delivered there.

how did you feel about the nazi speech in tfa? i felt like it was pushing it a bit much. the d-day intro was more what i was looking for.

>Mary Sue
>Rehash; plagiarized
>invalidates the struggle of the OT
>great

O boy

Not saying he's a shill or anything. Just .. grow up. There's nothing more boring than fanboys that like everything. "Oh, I guess I'm a fan so I like everything"

They're the worst. If you're a fanboy, realistically what that means is - you have about a million more reasons to complain than an average viewer would. You know when you're letdown and when you are it hits hard.

This dude is one of these 3

1) Dumb
2) Not as attached to Star Wars as he claims
3) Lying to himself

not him, but i thought the speech was a bit on the nose. You have to remember that not everyone knows history or 'the footage' that well. Esp not 12 - 20 year olds. WW2 was 70 years ago at this point

when the first star wars came out, WW2 was a little more distant in the past, as desert storm is distant in the past to us right as of this message

Since when are you fags okay with people shilling their yt channels on Sup Forums?

I'm glad I got eating-up-movie-reviews out of my system before the dawn of youtube reviewers. Reading pedantry spouted by pasty neckbeards seems less cringey than watching them do it. This guy, some of the movie fights guys, some of the GOT reviewers--they come off like they have zero sense of humor and would be insufferable if you had a conversation with them. That glasses guy from movie fights who always wins is like the worst of the lot.

>grow up
>blah blah blah
are you replying to the wrong person? i didn't once insult you. You seem personally slighted by something of stuckmann's or something that you think i implied and I dont' know what it is.

>i'm a miserable fuck
That's nice user

Telling Stuckmann to grow up, not you.

I don't really know why you decided to say this to someone that had no opinion on Star Wars

but Chris is definitely just dumb

Hal of Screenjunkies is the most cringe-inducing fucker on the planet with, arguably, the most punchable face.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing it up

>he's dumb lelelele
You going to back that up?

It would've been better if the political context the movie presented wasn't such weaksauce, Also poor casting for the general.

>and I know what you're thiking: "well, you're just being a fanboy for star wars and you want everything to be old, like the way it was, you don't want anything new"
>I loved the force awakens.
He can't be THIS dumb.

There's no way he said that, or can be that retarded

explain this reasoning

Fuck off.

what's the thing he is talking about, "fans upset for while finally settled?"

does Rogue One PT bash or something?

Watch the video.

He implied that he liked new things but liked TFA which is a literal wordswap of A New Hope.

Regardless of your opinion of the movie, TFA brought nothing new to the table and just re skinned the OT, so when he tries to defend himself against claims that he only wants to see the same stuff, he uses his liking of TFA do disprove that even though that just supports the claims against him if anything.

He's talking about the exhaust port to the death star, in the movie it's revealed Mad's character designed the vulnerable port on purpose for the rebels to destroy. To me it's fucking stupid and it's just unnecessary pandering.

Just becuaase it wasn't intrinsically new doesn't mean it wasn't great and enjoyable

He said he likes new things. He didn't suggest that tried 'rehashes' aren't nice too. He could just like the way they did TFA

literally how does this affect you. unsubbing over that = lol

Read my post again, I didn't say it was good or bad, even you admitted it wasn't really new, so IF ANYTHING it gave merit to supposed claims against him.

I'm not even subbed.

>Just becuaase it wasn't intrinsically new doesn't mean it wasn't great and enjoyable
You have to watch the movie then because it wasn't just that it wasn't intrinsecally new, there was absolutely nothing new worth of note to be seen in it.

I concede it's derivative. I can't keep track of your superflously worded claims though. I'll reread later

>new characters
>new galactic circumstances and politics
>new planets
>new soundtrack
>new opening crawl
>new director
wat

does he say he only wants to see new stuff? or what's going on?
i feel like this is just internet shitposting and him fanning the flames unintentionally. because tv is full of spergs as you know.

He's successful, outgoing, and handsome so if he is autistic it doesn't matter at all. I hate the guy.

>that last part
fucking loled

This guy needs to suck on a lemon and spend some time in the sun.

His teeth are showing signs of scurvy.

That sounds retarded. Fuck.

>superflously worded claims
This has to be bait

>new characters
I'll give you that
>new galactic circumstances and politics
Not at all. It was literally the rebels vs empire plotline again. That might be your thing but to say it was new is factually wrong
>New planets
Not-Tatooine, Not-Yavin IV, and Not-Hoth, ya totally new
>New soundtrack
sure, but it was complete underwhelming at best compared to the other six movies, not really a good defense
>New opening crawl
>New director
For your sake I hope you're baiting, if so nice job :)

>Superfluously worded claims
Ii'm fucking tired and i responded you you in a later post

>the other shit
no i'm not baiting.
I'm just trying to figure out where you draw the line between 'new shit' and 'not new shit'
at one extreme, you can simply say nothing is truly original, and that we've all seen the hero's journey done many times over. But that'd be doing you a disservice. So no, i'm legitimately asking in good faith, where the fuck is the line, in your words. Otherwise we''re just gonna shout at each other across the lines in the sand that we draw, saying shit at each other, not really being productive.

I find it funny that trolling and legitimate discussion falls under poe's law though, at least on Sup Forums lol

Watch the video. He said that people are going to say he's a fanboy and only wants the same stuff all the time, to which he counters with saying he liked TFA. Take that as you will

Nice bait there.

>watch the rogue one review video
I'd rather not. I'm going to be seeing the movie at some point

He goes out of his way to avoid spoilers because he feels others shouldn't be saved from watching this shitfest.
You're safe.

>middle of war
>apply make-up

>those snide remarks
its like you're trying to take the "rational" out of the rational discussion i thought we were going to have.

Just watch the video, retard.

Nobody is taking it to extremes, TFA didn't just copy the hero's journey, which there's nothing wrong with that, but it copied almost everything from a droid with important data that everyone is looking for stranded on a desert planet to another death start with a weak point and trench run. If you like that stuff fine it's your opinion don't get so defensive. As far as "drawing a line" goes in my opinion repeating 80% of another movie would be that line. What would of been nice was if the movie was focused around Luke's academy and the decent to Kylo's rampage while showing how the new republic is. Simple.

Fine.

> CTRL+F
> Zod
> 3

uhh

Of course that was going to happen to dummy. What the fuck else do you do when you're forced to design a super weapon besides giving it a fatal weakness?

>Sup Forums still THIS triggered by tfa

ITS
A
MOVIE

>giving Jew Hollywood your money

I plan to torrent this crap.

can someone give me spoilers ?

I'm not defensive. I'm just pointing out 'muh originality' remarks can be taken to that extreme, and when they are, there's nothing productive left to discuss.
Yes that movie you describe would have been great too.

I figured it out before i was even half way through. He went in hoping for fresh new characters he could love, and it seems rogue one didn't quite deliver in that department. Almost across the board criticisms of their lack of characterization. So any slight miss in terms of characterization really stuck out for him. I didn't notice anything else that stuck out to me in terms of he's a hurr durr or anything.

TFA gave him characters that he could like. This is my own take here though but
>Finn, the reluctant hero who abandoned the first order he could empathize with
>inb4 TRAITOR
>Poe, the guy who gets him out. no back story but yoe Poe and Finn become quick bros. awesome
>rey, the hero on the hero's journey. Mysterious past that they allude to that we know they're going to touch on in future movies (they better)
>seeing the old cast again
>Kylo Ren, powerful, arrogant force user. anakin improved ver
>Weakest characters, snoke, phasma, general hux
I don't know his thoughts on them, but these are just off the top of my head. TFA has more characters to like than not to like, whereas with rogue one he's saying its the opposite.

Someone post "that" webm

>someone who doesn't share my opinion is triggered
Try next time, mouseskeeter.

Everyone ridiculed him for his bvs rewrite and he got upset and tried to do damage control

DESU I agree movie fights is some really cringey shit

Who /Chriswasadarkcloud/ here?

As long as it makes them money they don't give a shit if it becomes panned and held in contempt as a sci fi version of capeshit or transformers. It's just going to become a kind of soulless every year or every other year commercial venture. Rather than have that kind of almost mythological veneration in pop culture like the original trilogy did it'll just be a medium for marketing.

>mythological veneration in pop culture
>george lucas
>prequels
JLawOkay.gif

Original trilogy, not the prequels.

Retard, history isnt a subject that only priviledged rich aristocrats can learn. Especially the WW2 stuff.

>Would they have a crawl or would they not have a crawl

I FUCKING WONDER

So how did ya think of his review!? I really like it that a film lacks deep characterization even on the core cast. Weell, everytime someone try to accomplish the seven samurai-ish story. A piece of work really needs the time & the depth to fully depict every main character on the screen. This particular work runs only two hours or so ... if you are film buff, you might notice few thing by just hearing the plot & running time like mine. No wonder that well educated & so geeky film critic like him no hesitation pointing this out.

He gets early screening access, if he talks shit he will lose it and do damage to his channel.

>darth vader
>4 minutes screen time

yifi when?

This review is really strange to me. His review of TFA was one of the most baffling things he has ever released. He loved it and I can't possibly understand why. But this movie, he thought was underwhelming. Somehow, even though they are both safe bland products just to make money and sell toys. Why did he dislike this movie more, but not TFA?

Because IT WAS A MILLION TO ONE SHOT THEY WEREN'T EXPECTING VADER'S KID TO BLINDFIRE IT USING THE FORCE

That's honestly more than I was expecting.

>shilling this hack's youtube

Chris Stuckman hated Shin Godzilla, no thanks. Not bothering with his pleb opinions.

During the trip Chris was a dark cloud, a very brooding presence in my happy home. We tried offering to go out and do fun things but he only wanted to see movies and do his reviews. He did a wonderful job of ignoring my kid who wanted to talk to him and even tossed my wife attitude when she asked him about his goals and spoke candidly about his future goals. He may not have noticed but this is what we got. He's the type of guy to make everyone miserable and then apologize for it and play the victim. I can't stand that type of person.

retard, that has nothing to do with the post you're replying to

>>i unsub as recompense
Seems adequate desu senpai.

yeah, for people who are triggered by different opinions

Post your channel mate, so I could sub only to unsub angrily.

kek

>one of my most anticipated film of the year
And [Remove] it is.

>darth vader
>4 minutes screen time
>quips
>butchers Rebel scum for fanservice

What's wrong with this guys teeth?

>Chris Cuckman