This masterpiece came out almost 10 years ago, can you believe it?

this masterpiece came out almost 10 years ago, can you believe it?

I was only 17 when I downloaded this and it fucking amazing although none of their future projects lived up to it.

On re-listening I'm noticing more how lo-fi it really sounds, still not happy with the lyrics (they're too metally) but it's still one of the best albums I've ever listened to.

Feeling nostalgic as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/77237248/#77238088
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nvm it's actually been 10 years as of 1st of January. Crazy.

Deathconciousness is one of my most favorite albums and Dan needs to make more shit.

I love this album way too much. It definitely doesn't sound as old as 10 years old

Listened to it last night and it's still enjoyable.

>still not happy with the lyrics (they're too metally)
Literally what?
Lyrics, especially combined with the booklet, are a major selling point.
The album is a masterpiece indeed.

you have to wonder with artists like HANL how many other undiscovered bands on ignored sound cloud pages have legitimately unique, compelling and potentially cult following appeal.
This album will always have a place in my top lists, but hot damn is it a shame their aren't more lightning-in-a-bottle break out sleep hits from bandcamp or soundcloud

Apprently HANL is releasing a new album soon, theres an article out there about it that im too lazy to find

I dont like metal lyrics, to my ears they're not relatable and borrow too much from myths and religion. You can't sing about blood and thunder in the 21st century, trying to sound like a viking when you live in modern Connecticut just sounds wrong.

> Connecticut's duo Have A Nice Life concocted an unlikely hybrid of My Bloody Valentine's shoegaze-pop, Joy Division's dark-punk, Godspeed You Black Emperor's post-rock, Nine Inch Nails' industrial dirges, and the Swans' proto-doom on the double-disc Deathconsciousness (Enemies List, 2008).
>The amount of symbols is overwhelming. The two discs run a vast gamut of emotional states and musical styles. Each of these pieces could be an entire career for less gifted musicians.

>he thinks any of these lyrics are remotely metal
Have you listened to deathconsciousness

But these are not..metal lyrics?

>Carved out of stone, earth, blood and bone
>Knock the mountains down
>The earth's grating sounds
>They soothe the great machines
>That yearn desperately
>Just to lay them down within her gaping mouth

and

>An army of the golems is stalking, now, the heart's lands
>Eating all reality
>Producing only dust and sand

doesn't sound like metal? fucking retard think before you type.

if you don't understand deathconsciousness is a black metal album then please get out of my thread. i'm not spoonfeeding you retards.

It's industrial shoegaze with hints of post punk and drone, you dumb fuck.

No, it doesn't, you dumb cunt. Using symbolism related to myths and religion isn't metal specific, a lot of genres do this, you autistic twat.

well done regurgitating pitchfork, you pathetic walking stereotype.

I'm just stating facts, it has elements from those genres, but I wouldn't expect anything out of a manlet who catezoriges albums into genres by their lyrics alone, somehow.

don't you have a spotify playlist to curate or something? you're not even worth debating m8

Apparently, following OP's logic, Brand New is the most metal band of all time.

Did you accidentally reply to yourself and accidentally insulted yourself?

Don't try to hide it from me you cuck.

going through all this effort to photoshop that...who is the sad cuck lmao

>I-it's just photoshop gu-guys
I know what you are thinking, but anons won't believe you, I can't stop fucking kekiking

>implying you have to use photoshop to fake you's
kill yourself

or you can use the chrome dev and change the html value but you don't seem smart enough to do that.

keking at your wasted efforts

All I did was screenshot what I saw though, you accidentally insulted yourself, and oddly enough the insult you've made for yourself was very fitting.

But since you still try to deny it, let me just hop in into archive, where your deleted messages are kept.
rbt.asia/mu/thread/77237248/#77238088

why do all threads stop being about the music after about 6 replies and turn into autistic yelling

Both of you go listen to HANL and just kys

That is what I was about to do anyway.