WHERE ARE THE SCREENERS?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxsearchlight.com/fyc/film/jackie/soundtrack/
youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZvIzL1JbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to grope Hershlag!

>white woman portraying Jackie
does she even do her own stunts

The first film that leaked the last year was --room-- and that was on 16 december, dont worry, it will happen soon.

forgot about that, h y p e

Well, this and Manchester By The Sea better leak fast, fuckers.

But is it kino?

No. Fuck off.

what

>Natalie Portman’s impersonation of Jacqueline Kennedy in the movie Jackie explores the emotional balancing act of a famous woman, wife of the most powerful man in the world, intimate witness to his murder, and inadvertent political player on the field of decorum that was her lot in life. The film itself is a project teetering between fact and legend. Portman empathically portrays the eternal pop icon as someone who was deprived of ever having a private moment. So, every scene — setting out the terms of an interview to a journalist or screaming to the universe from the back seat of a blood-strewn limousine — calls for an existential examination. It’s a tour de force that works precisely because it doesn’t have to be totally convincing, just insightful.

Kys

>Jackie arrives at a moment of transition when the popular perspective on politics, having gone through eight years of media-led idol worship, now enters a phase of skepticism mixed with suspense. Jackie applies that uncertainty and expectation to its presentation of Jacqueline Kennedy’s life after John Fitzgerald Kennedy’s assassination, when she could either have collapsed or returned to her origins of upper-class irrelevance. Jackie is not the work of our finest filmmakers; it is second-rate compared with other Kennedy-myth films (Roger Donaldson and Kevin Costner’s Thirteen Days being the best). Yet, surprisingly, director Pablo Larraín and producer Darren Aronofsky keep their jaded tendencies in check and maintain a relatively humane perspective.

Ugh. Leave him out of this thread, for godssake.

>Even if you know nothing about Jacqueline Kennedy or have only a vague sense of the events before and after JFK’s assassination, Portman’s freakily soft (Marilyn Monroe-ish) voice and the character’s constant effort at poise and self-evaluation, together with Noah Oppenheim’s original screenplay, achieve the right balance between history and fancy. We come to accept the constant shifts from truth to memory to imagination. Jackie is bedeviled by both good and tragic fortune. Practicing her great-lady wiles on a reporter who is by turns obsequious and hyper-masculine (Billy Crudup), Portman’s rueful Jackie makes the Brechtian announcement: “I lost track somewhere what was real, what was performance.”

>Portman reveals the anxiety behind the famous Andy Warhol lithograph, a pop image that is both blotchy and brittle. Her tiny physique often suggests girlishness, but Portman’s nervous composure when speaking before TV cameras in her famous live video tour of the White House; when she undresses out of the bloodied “little pink suit” (as it was memorably described in Altman’s Nashville); when she changes her mind about walking “with Jack” in the funeral procession — all imply a mature emotional struggle so that, even in her Valium haze, the composite image of Jackie (like Warhol’s) rouses a distanced sense of condolence and respect.

>foxsearchlight.com/fyc/film/jackie/soundtrack/

>Jackie’s examination of 1960s political celebrity answers the concerns of our own era, in which sophisticates pretend sincerity and eventually betray themselves. Director Larraín’s previous Chilean films (Tony Manero, Post Mortem) made tangled use of identity issues and social perception for dubious political ends, but he jettisons cynicism for his first American movie. In Jackie, Larraín addresses without commentary the post-assassination moment that despoiled modern America’s self-image. By demystifying its sympathetic title figure (as in using the familiar, diminutive “Jackie”), this film departs from the first-lady trend of the last eight years: over-eager worship of Michelle Obama, which is a desperate ploy by our politically correct media to turn Michelle into an icon of both fine arts and fashion, a black Jackie.

>During the Obama era, the biased media granted cult-celebrity to empowered politicians, helping to create a new media aristocracy that is now on the defense. With the renewed mystification of people in public service, our public figures have lost the capacity for self-awareness and self-assessment. It is Portman’s self-awareness (and her subject’s) that makes Jackie interesting. Bobby Kennedy (Peter Sarsgaard at his most obnoxious) tells Jackie, “Look at you! We’re ridiculous.” Then he says: “You were at the center of it all. It’s impossible to have perspective. I assure you it was a spectacle.” In these lines, we see a shift in subject (from Jackie and Bobby as political players to the funeral itself). Perhaps the move from “you” to “we” to “it” is simply Larraín’s mistranslation, but Bobby’s rant points out the difficulties of achieving America’s self-image, particularly as felt by those obliged to represent it.

>This insight is especially helpful now. The actor playing JFK (Casper Phillipson) quotes the exact words of JFK himself, to summarize the filmmakers’ attitude on political celebrity. Speaking to a CBS news reporter in the now famous 1962 documentary A Tour of the White house with Mrs. John F. Kennedy, JFK said: I think anyone who comes to the White House as the president desires the best for his country. But I think he does receive stimulus from the knowledge of living in close proximity to the people who are legendary but who actually were alive and were in these rooms. That statement goes against the Obama-era arrogance sold by trash like The Butler and Selma. But Jackie doesn’t entirely avoid sanctimony; as balm for the idol-worshippers, it ends with Jackie and JFK dancing to Richard Burton singing Camelot — a sappy way out of this film’s serious, analytic project.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Come on, he's actually praising a good movie for a change.

screeners can't come soon enough

Why isn't Hershlag part of the Sup Forums mommy harem? She actually has children (and has said that motherhood is her most important role) unlike most of the barren whores on that list.

Behind the scenes

>the entire movie is a 90 minute closeup of natalie portman crying and butchering jackie kennedy's accent

What a waste of $7.50

Which is why I'm worried about it. Doesn't seem that interesting

>90 minute closeup of natalie portman crying
IIRC she cries 3 times in the movie which is a lot less than what you would expect from a movie that deals with the aftermath of her character getting her husband's brains splattered all over her face and dress.

>butchering jackie kennedy's accent
I thought it was strange at first but she was quite accurate in the breathiness and weird Brahmin/mid-Atlantic accent.
youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZvIzL1JbI

>$7.50

What rancid town are you from?

the second is comoing, she pregnet like a cow

I have a theater near me that sells $5 tickets but charges up the ass for concessions

I thought they came out closer to new year?

i had no idea!

Why is that woman touching her boob?

PTP won't host them this year, so I guess I'll miss them this year, unless they get memes here.

Also, what is there to even see? I think I'll catch everything at the theater, Silence and Manchester included

She's starting to crack

Don't know if there will be Screener leaks this year. They arrested a guy uploading them last year and they crack down 10x harder on screeners then normal movies. Doesn't seem worth the risk just to let strangers watch a movie a couple months in advance.

No she looks gorgeous. You're stupid. Stop being stupid.

That seems like normal matinee price for something besides capeshit or Star Wars.

Why isn't Pass The Popcorn hosting screeners?

Guy who leaked the revenant last year got arrested.

When is Jackie even getting a wide release? The arthouse theaters outside of nyc/la already have Manchester by the Sea.
Is 20th Century Women ever coming out?
Also is Silence going nationwide right away? ;_;

wait I'm seeing showtimes for the week of Christmas for Jackie

I think Dec 23

"The religious epic will debut in limited release on Dec. 23, before expanding in January."
I'm hyped.

Hopefully Herschlag does this scene in the flick

There isn't there's only a shower scene where you see her from the back washing the blood off.

>oh no my husband got his brains blown out in front me, I'll just marry some old Greek guy now

she was a whore

>watching trash
>in trash quality

>have to wait until January
Fuck that

me too

>ywn be Hershlag's pussy slave
>ywn have the honor of tongue worshiping her puffy vagina after a sweaty workout

Like six years later, and JFK was banging everyone during their marriage, so shut the fuck up.

Please.

There will be.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Private trackers are apparently full of cucks

DELETE THIS

Hershlag has almost the same type of body, I hope her bush is as big as that

imagine being JFK in that scene...

If you're so uncucked why don't you take the bullet and upload the screener this year?

I'm gay

This is actually a great review.

The accent thing, I think the real Jackie O had a mixed English-American or upper middle class. NatPo sounds off in the movie trying to imitate it

I thought she did a good job imitating it. She didn't bring much else to the role though.

Or someone just pass a Jackie screener to me so I can be on my way?

It hits wide Friday. I'm more intrigued by screeners for movies I don't have the opportunity of watching otherwise.

Manchester or Jackie?

Manchester is a better film by far

Manchester. Jackie is expanding Dec. 25, but I have no idea how big.

Convince me Manchester isn't a boring ass Sundance tier melodrama

Oh I still want to see it, but i want to see Jackie more.

It basically is. But there hasn't been a great film in that genre for a long time, and this is it.

It's just exceptionally well done at every level. It's not phony "Garden State"-tier melodrama, the characters feel completely realistic and I just got way more emotionally invested than I thought I would. And I haven't seen any of his other work, but it's clear that Kenneth Lonergan is a really great director - he's not flashy with his camera moves or lighting, it's just like he knows exactly which moments need to be shown on camera, how long they need to play out, to really get you into the character's mind state.

I don't really know how to sell it to you, there's no "hook," it's just basic human drama. I can't get it out of my head though. You could give Oscars to pretty much the entire cast

Casey Affleck is getting it.

Michelle Williams, would've had Viola stayed in lead.

her accent int he trailer is :/ I love her though, she was really good in Certain Women

She doesn't have a very big role in Manchester, but she does a great job. One of the best actresses around, imo. I've never seen a bad performance from her

Jackie is better

It's doing a pretty good theater average right now so I expect it's going to get a very wide release.

Is the shooting scene realistic in it's gore?