>i got you senpai

listen to momoko kikuchi, so much better

youtube.com/watch?v=cdHibcHATMM

Stop spamming this weebs.

This shit's so bland, what's the appeal
>inb4 muh comfy muh feels

>listening to lounge muzak only because it's japanese

autistic deviantart weebs caught on to city pop i see

I'm getting these from Instagram mostly.

Finally caved and listened to this last night, it was okay I guess but then
>I'M JUST PLAYING GAMES
This shit's gonna be stuck in my head for weeks now.

I think deviantart is dead or at least for amateur art, all of them are going to tumblr or instagram.

I hate this

Why did THIS become the biggest city pop song, it's not even top 5. It's alright but not the best.

japan has a problem with plastic love. they all fuck fleshlights and body pillows and not their women. is this what that songs about?

Popularity is never about being the best, it's about having the right ideas and the right exposure at the right time.

>bland
Catchy tunes and relaxation. Everything doesn't need to have elements of harsh noise.

>There's people who are hipsters about 80's Japanese pop songs

What's the best?

[spoiler]Mariya is alright, but she has better songs tho[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I love Momoko[/spoiler]

I like the song but why is it so popular suddenly? The right algorithms/recommendations hitting the right people? Forced meme? Something else?

>The right algorithms/recommendations hitting the right people?

That, and it got huge views by exploding on Sup Forums and reddit when it first came out. So, according to Youtube, we have this 6 month old vid, that's got 5 million views, and all these key words associated to it. So from Youtube's perspective it's some hot new song. So that's why it keeps recommending it to people.

If you've ever litsened to any synthwave or vaporwave, it'll be recommended.

there is nothing wrong with being "hipster". you're a pleb.

here's 3 examples of patrician jpop that's better than plastic love
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1iQBGaZ_kJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4

>he thinks being elitist over the dumbest random shit somehow makes him a better person

t. newfag

Sup Forums is elitist
run along to the brockhampton thread

every Sup Forumstant have this song in their recommendation

Japan jams thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=mrLh66wwbzE

youtube.com/watch?v=2Kt8HP1VEPU

Meiko Nakahara has the funkiest tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=WzvwNDX2cZE

Wow, finally youtube recommended me something good! I wish I was born in Japan during this generation, very cool and good! Nowadays pop fricking blows penps

WHY DO I KEEP SEEING HTIS DONG?

>city pop with Marcus Miller on bass

I´ve been binging this all night

I dig this, thanks.

just listen to this fucking jam, holy shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9pmFMc5oM

youtube.com/watch?v=YixAD9GIAuY

straight banger
i´ve listened to similar american music, but this has something extra

youtube.com/watch?v=C-jLEi2uvrE
This thing right here is my jam

what this genre called? funky jams like this. If it's japanese it's called City Pop, but what about outside of Japan?

youtube.com/watch?v=uWi36sMebsc

youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCO7_iDFI

Personally this should be the famous city pop song imo not Plastic Love

youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M

youtube.com/watch?v=0_LNC2BxpAE

Hell yeah my kinda thread boys.

why do I find so much joy in "cheesy" music?

Junko Yagami though. Fantastic singer and piano player and writes her own songs. Everyone only talks about Bay City but pretty much her whole discography is great.
夢見る頃を過ぎても all the way through Communication especially. Wrote her own songs too. youtube.com/watch?v=mj2ufAJQeuU

cuz cheesy music was good before autotune and loudness war

CITY NIGHTS 86
Night drive through bliss metropolitan

youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=SlmQbZzqrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=h-q_aExG30Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iQH8fS2N150
youtube.com/watch?v=1gLhcjoQ0_c

I find it amazing that she and Tatsuro married each other, had a daughter who doesn't do any music at all.

>Sup Forums is elitist
My motherfucking sides

T-Square > Casiopea

youtube.com/watch?v=N4oN5L3ZLT8

it used to be and it should be again so newfags dont feel welcome and are forced to get better taste

You just want to fuck her.

im going to run over you

Want is not the same as being able to

pff susumu hirasawa at top level. he's fantastic but you can't list his solo work as the deepest you can go if listening to p-model requires knowing his solo work in advance. and not a single mention of haruomi hosono, thro some syzygys on that

Hosono would be included on Yen Records

I really only use vaporwave for introducing myself to 80s pop

Sounds like Gran Turismo (Japanese) soundtrack.

qt asian girl in the thumbnail

I can't complain.

Asians age pretty well she gotta be like 60 now

>they're already selling t-shirts with her face
I wonder if Mariya is aware of the internet meme she has become because of a single she released in the 80s

You better believe it boy! And we never stop sucking!

I don't even get how it became a meme. There's nothing particularly meme worthy about it, it's just a cool jpop song from the 80s. Like if this became a huge meme why not this? The cover's a similar format even and it has meme worthy lyrics but is still a groovy song

youtube.com/watch?v=pYdnW3V7vfg

This is 80s slow funk core

Or maybe there's people who have been listening to japanese music for a while and don't understand why this song in particular got big with normies on the internet.
But as others already said, it's because of the picture of Mariya, also it's not a bad song at all, but it's far from being among the best.

Korea doesn't even have influential artists of the caliber of YMO, go back to your containment thread.

I hate kpop faggots, they have like 3 threads on page 0 all the time, yet they feel the need to infest superior Japanese music threads with their waifu non-music faggotry.

kpop did japanese music better than the japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=x3kx5OV1zXo
forgot my link

God damn it, this better not be who from I think it is.

Who?
I got it from a thread the other day.

Why does listening to P-Model require knowing his solo work in advance? P-Model was part of the big 3 of technopop.

Really bad production. But what can you expect from a country without any important and influential artist in their whole history.

Big Nagomu/Kera fan, I'll message them about it anyways.

Trips of truth.
South Korea was a mistake. To be fair, much of it is due to the USA influence.

I won't disagree with that

I need to get into Nagomu more, any recommendations? Only listened to Picky Picnic

Peace by Uchoten of course. The head of Uchoten owned Nagomu Records.

Fuck it, save into a youtube playlist

I want to ______ Mariya Takeuchi

listen to more than one song from?

Thanks user, listening to it right now from youtube. Sounds great.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xq7gYp8sJc

TAIYO
NO
SHIMA

Wish granted
youtube.com/watch?v=iBduO9SzhCI

This seems like a nice little starter pack. Thanks.

>not a single mention of haruomi hosono
it clearly says YMO

In fairness. Japanese music has been for the most part absolute garbage since the mid 00s.
You get some really good tracks every couple years, but they're generally far and few between and Japanese artists generally have really inconsistent quality output with even the bigger Japanese artists having a few outstanding tracks among a sea of medicority or just flat out bad tracks *coughperfumecough*. Utada Hikaru is the only Jpop artist who I can think of that is consistently great with every release.

Where with Kpop, you know what you are getting every single time, a extremely polished, catchy, boy band/girl band cheese fest.
Kpop is the McDonalds of Asian pop music. Always consistent junk food.

The difference is, 98% of Jpop is medicore/bad and you get 2% that are absolute mind blowing good tracks (Mondo Grosso - Labyrinth for example in 2017), where Kpop is just consistently average, above average.

this. there's nothing wrong with it but its muzak don't kid yourself

I haven't listened to every Perfume album, only their earlier stuff. But from what I've listened, Perfume alone is on another complete level from the Kpop I've listened to, which if you say it's all the same and consistent, I don't think I need to listen to a lot of it to get it.
At any rate, outside of commercial cheese, does Korea have actually any good artist? Because where Japan shines (both back in the 80s and now) is more on the underground scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2quiyHfJQw

This track is just so fucking comfy holy shit.

>In fairness. Japanese music has been for the most part absolute garbage since the mid 00s.
Try a decade prior for when your argument starts, but with Jpop.

>Utada Hikaru is the only Jpop artist who I can think of that is consistently great with every release.
Superfly tried to surpass Utada in the "most consecutive #1 albums at launch" record but failed by some idol group. Now a few major idol groups have the capability to beat Utada physically sales-wise.

>Now a few major idol groups have the capability to beat Utada physically sales-wise.
That isn't a surprise, idol groups sell multiple types of each single (sometimes more than 10) so that hardcore otaku fans will buy every single one of them.
Utada has mainstream appeal, but doesn't have that hardcore insane audience young idol groups have.
Kpop is all idols, where's the Utada of Kpop?