I'm not saying that banning assault rifles or tightening gun control would really do much...

I'm not saying that banning assault rifles or tightening gun control would really do much. But don't think that they should enforce background checking more. The Orlando shooter was a terrorist suspect yet he was able to legally purchase guns. I know this board is is very much against tight gun control, but don't you think that keeping guns away from suspects or people who are mentally unstable would be sensible?

Other urls found in this thread:

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't he illegally import his gun from Mexico? That's what I heard.

What's a barrel shroud?

Who decides who is a suspect? There is a reason that you have convicted of a crime before you can have rights deprived.

>taking away constitutional rights with no due process

Fuck you idiots for thinking this is a good idea

>assault rifles

He was a licensed security guard, had a ccw, and was investigated by the FBI. Doesn't get much more thorough.

>Remove someone's protection of rights
>With no due process of law
Are you sure you're American or just some Aussie/Leaf with a different proxy?

>assault rifles

no.

Background checks are a feel good measure for literal retards.

>"Looking only to official criminal records, data over the past thirty years consistently show that the mythology of murderers as ordinary citizens does not hold true. Studies have found that approximately 75% of murderers have adult criminal records, and that murderers average a prior adult criminal career of six years, including four major adult felony arrests. These studies also found that when the murder occurred "[a]bout 11% of murder arrestees [were] actually on pre-trial release"--that is, they were awaiting trial for another offense."

>"The fact that only 75% of murderers have adult crime records should not be misunderstood as implying that the remaining 25% of murderers are non-criminals. The reason over half of those 25% of murderers don't have adult records is that they are juveniles. Thus, by definition they cannot have an adult criminal record."

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html

If you support background checks, you belong in a rubber room.

>enforce background checking

I think you meant to say something else. He passed background checks.

No, I agree with you. That kind of regulation is constitutional. and although it would have been easy enough for Mateen to buy a gun on the black market had he been denied, it will still cause some good and is at least a way of keeping people who want stronger regulation at bay.

Our society has become so insulated to little, pr protected, safe spaces, it's a tragedy one fucking guy can walk in and kill people while hundreds of men run screaming, leaving their friends and loved ones to die. That's all I see happening, a nation of people pleasing themselves who have given up fighting.

Signed,
I'm embarrassed

Case in point.

It was just a thought for discussion friend. No need to get so triggered.

HE WAS A LEGAL GUN OWNER, AN ARMED GUARD, AND HAD A FUCKING NFA LICENSE
THE ONLY OTHER "BACKGROUND CHECKS," YOU COULD DO TO THE FUCKER IS SHOVE A CAMERA AND MIC UP HIS ASS
BACKGROUND CHECKS DON'T DO SHIT STATIST SCUM

Sounds like treason to me, friendo.

Jesus christ I wasn't preaching that background checks would bring about world peace. I was just trying to start an open ended discussion about background checking that's all. You guys are worse than tumblr sometimes.

"I was just trying to start an open ended discussion about background checking that's all."

What is there to discuss? How horrible of an idea it is to rely on them, because we all know and have known they don't do jack shit?

This. Next thing you know is people demanding to disarm the Police because guns are offensive.

>assault rifles
Assault rifles are select fire, modern sporting rifles such as the Armalite Rifle 15 are not.

Well since gun control and background checks don't do much of anything, what do you guys think would be a sensible solution to deal with mass shootings. Is there nothing that can be done? Not being ironic btw.

Wait a sec, you take away rights from convicted criminals but not from mental unstable people?

Not infringing on the 2nd amendment.
If you were a criminal, and wanted to rob a store, would you still do it if you KNEW the clerk had a gun, and that atleast 2 or 3 other people in the store did? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

I guess not but I wonder if that's a practical solution. Owning a gun is personal decision. With that said how would you ensure that more law abiding citizens carry guns? Do you think it should be more of a personal responsibility thing rather than government action?

Shall not be infringed. It doesnt give any outlines for infringing on special groups, taxes are unconstitutional too.

If you give up your guns, you and your kids, and the grandkids youl never have deserve everything they got.

Yeah I thought it over an background checking wouldn't be helpful like I thought. But I never said taking guns away from everyone, just baring convicted criminals and mentally unstable people.

That's the one thing that I haven't really thought about, yea, if you don't want a gun, you shouldn't have to own one, but look at the crime statistics where owning a gun is law, or is required. Its much lower than anywhere else.
That being said, I think we should teach about guns in school, just like we used too, just like archery.
That way more people will be gun friendly and want to carry.

I think enough people would start carrying, that committing a serious crime would pretty much be a death sentence on the spot

those greentext quotes seem to counter your own argument my man

No. What he's saying is that background checks are only a nuisance to law abiding citizens because felons no matter how stupid will not try to buy a gun in such a way as to be subjected to a background check.
The felon that wants to do it again will just buy it illegally and be subjected to 0 checks while average Joe will have to wait for a firearm (that he might need immediately), be treated like a criminal and have hurdles put in front of him for just wanting to have a chance against said felon.
>what am i saying, i'd accept any background checks as long as i could get some right to defend myself efficiently in this corner or yurop

Where are all the cell phone videos and pictures of the shooting?

I guess, if you're functionally retarded.

Criminals don't bother with background checks. They simply exist to hassle the law abiding.

Nanny state faggots like them because it lets them pretend they're #doingsomething about keeping guns out of the wrong hands.

this.

the terrorists have found a flaw in our rights, innocent until proven guilty and shall not be infringed. Together this means that attacks can happen.

I'm not saying OP isn't a faggot but his insatiable lust for penis tells it like it is. Fag.

Government set it up, but didn't have enough time to actually stop it. This is how it usually happens.

>but don't you think that keeping guns away from suspects or people who are mentally unstable would be sensible?
If they are so dangerous they should be locked up