Indiana

Tell me about Indiana. Do people actually live here? In my whole life I have maybe met 2 or 3 people from this state ever. What is it like?
How is Indianapolis as a city? Would you want to live there?
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

purdue.edu/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_Machine_Contest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

blump

I was not there but my father was in Indianapolis for a month as a visiting scholar to IUPUI. He said it's kinda boring and you won't be able to get anywhere without a car

Michigander fag currently living here. Boring as fuck. Downtown is pretty but nothing worth going to. Nothing worth going to within three hours.

Avoid.

Why the fuck do people live there then? It's like the 12th most populous state or something like that

Indy is a monument surrounded by corn fields, and they have a blow dome. Some bus lines and parking garages. Everyone wanted you to think they live in McMansionland Car-mel, but that might have changed. Not a lot more springs to memory.

There are some gibsmedats in the towns, which are where people from the suburbs and farms go to eat fried foods, get some nice clothes, and buy supplies for their tractors.

Lower to mid level education was functional, generally useful. High school activities were very important. Sports, special interest clubs, boy and girl scouts, etc. Vocational schools were very good.
College level was supposed to be more open minded, but there were also the usual reactionary young adults and arrested development faculty, etc. Good agriculture and engineering programs.

Religion is generally Methodist, Baptist, or Catholic. We had a laissez faire attitude about it.

Industry was service (mostly food and building supplies) or manufacturing, which was dying out.

Entertainment was what you made. The usual stuff with online gamers, internet, etc. Used to be a lot of outdoor activities, but drugs were getting big last time I visited.

Overall, its a good place to be from, but you have to be in a land baron family to really prosper.

I'm an engineering student and I supposedly Indiana has very high prospects for engineering and jobs. That's why I'm looking into how it would be to live there

burgers

Indiana fucking sucks
Go to a big city (not on the west coast) or you'll regret it
t. bordering Indiana

Purdue University should be on your list.
purdue.edu/

Also, this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_Machine_Contest

I live in Indy and I heard that they are bringing more high tech and bio tech jobs here. Obviously it is no SF but life is affordable here.

>McMansionland Car-mel
Consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the US. Look it up.

Says the real-estate agent to the hick.

I have a buddy who grew up in Elkhart. He says it was a shithole. I've only ever driven through it, so I can't tell you anything firsthand.

How do you like it? Are you from Indy or are you a transplant from somewhere?

Those Jesus-blowing retards elected Mike Pence to be their governor. All I really need to know tbqhwy.

I am from Chicago originally (suburbs) and I still have a family there. I personally like it, but it is just me. It is affordable, nice and quiet and traffic is not to bad. downtown is easily accessible so generally no long drives. So, unlike Chicago, you can actually plan your day. So it really depends on what you like (and what you hate, and i hate Chicago traffic where it takes forever to get anywhere!!!). Weather is pretty similar to Chicago but no lake effect so we don't get as much snow and winters are generally milder and summers are hot and humid as everywhere in the Midwest. Like I said, they are bringing high tech jobs here and real estate prices are still relatively low. Just something to consider.

Ohioan here. Indiana and the "people" who live there are shit

Tie Tuesday lives there.

>Be Indianan
>get shot

>Tell me about Indiana.
Very little to tell. Stay out of Gary
>Do people actually live here?
Not many
>What is it like?
Boring
>How is Indianapolis as a city?
Small