Liar

>liar
>cheater
>coward
>conman
>idiot
>avoids responsibility
Why is this guy supposed to be likeable again?

because he's /ourguy/

because we are these things

>OP listing these qualities as if they were deplorable

The fact the characters are assholes are key to the show. Its impact has been reduced now we're used to characters being assholes, especially in sitcoms.

Weirdly, a ton of the audience didn't really get the show and failed to realise they were watching assholes.

I guess a lot of the audience related to the characters without figuring out that they were bastards.

fuck off, you were in diapers when this show was originally airing. Don't act like you know the audience that was watching it.

No, sadly, I'm quite a bit older than that.

>being a dick
>cool
What are you, 15?

As it's been pointed out already, you're not supposed to *like* like the characters - it's the same with the Sopranos btw. - they're awful people that do entertaining stuff, but they are NOT role models by any means. I always thought that's obvious, but apparently I was wrong.

>The show is typically driven by humor interspersed with superficial conflict and characters with peculiar dispositions. Many episodes revolved around the characters' involvement in the lives of others with typically disastrous results. On the set, the notion that the characters should not develop or improve throughout the series was expressed as the "no hugging, no learning" rule.[23] Unlike most sitcoms, there are no moments of pathos; the audience is never made to feel sorry for any of the characters. Even Susan's death elicits no genuine emotions from anybody in the show.[24]

This is why I can't take other sitcoms seriously.

>Even Susan's death elicits no genuine emotions from anybody in the show.
George seemed genuinely happy about it.

Because he's literally me

I would describe it as restrained jubilation

He is an exaggerated version of the worst of ourselves. He makes us feel better about being us.

I would describe it as restrained jubilation.

He's self-aware and charismatic and also hilarious.

bc he's funny

15 inches in your mom lmao

he will return

George Costanza is a sort of conundrum of a character. Yes, all of the gang is self absorbed and selfish when it comes down to it, but George is easily the most sleazy and crooked of the bunch, and his flaws are more pronounced. Yet somehow (mostly due to the performance of Jason Alexander), he is likeable, a guy you would probably hang out with but not trust 100% or rely on.

He's likable for the same reasons that Jerry became a bad stand up comedian. Costanza is so bad and so lacking in every respectable area that any audience member instantly feels better watching him.

He's the idiot character.

Costanza is literally me.

# of girlfriends Costanza had : 47

# of girlfriends I had : 0

But the every other character in NY is a worse asshole.

Like you feel sympathy for George once you meet his parents and bosses/coworkers.

He /is/ likable in spite of it all.
What's hard to believe is the amount of tail he pulls.

George Costanza is my role model. If for no other reason than he falls ass backwards into financial success and women while being effay and best friends with Jerry Seinfeld.

not that hard its the late 80s/early 90s

life was very different then

You were young then. It hasn't changed, you've just gotten old.

d4 j00z will 4 d4 g0yim

He is a great manipulator which is why he can pull tail, but never have a relationship that can last.

You were in diapers when I was fucking your mum

>He /is/ likable in spite of it all.
No he isn't. He's an untrustworthy, retarded cunt. What the fuck is there to like?

I can't help you if you don't understand the show.

In real life the friends don't keep these people around unless they can be controlled easily.

Nothing. The show is trying to inject values of self-deprecation and doubt, it hopes that even if 1% of the georgisms rub off on you you will turn into a cuck.

he had the best qts

George was a pretty nice guy. Always drove his friends around. Helped Morgan when he was late for work. Saved a whale. Bought a wheelchair for a handicapped women.

Good post.

(((stereotype)))

Nobody said the word 'cool'.

It's only different because spergs spend all their time in front of a computer screen instead of living life

>Save a whale
>Get dumped for it
That woman was a bitch