Is there any directors cut that OBJECTIVELY improves the film?

Is there any directors cut that OBJECTIVELY improves the film?

Other urls found in this thread:

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1738
strawpoll.me/11824427/r
youtube.com/watch?v=c-9Wx_Jc0P8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pixels

kingdom of heaven

Blade Runner
Kingdom of Heaven
Watchmen

Alien

Kingdom of Heaven
Maladolescenza
Terminator 2

Blade Runner is typically agreed upon as improved this way, and most definitely Kingdom of Heaven.

And The Thin Red Line 9 hour cut, though we will never see it

ridley scott, zack snyder tend to be benefitted by director's cuts

>objectively
No such thing. Terminator 2, Aliens and the Lord of the Rings trilogy are unwatchable in their theatrical cut if you're used to the director's cut though

Mission Impossible 2

Alien 3
Also Exorcist 3 would if we got a legit directors cut, but even the fan made one was miles better while staying true to Blatty's vision.

The Empire Strikes Back

BvS

Not even memeing. The directors cut is a legit 8/10

Kingdom of Heaven
Watchmen
Batman V Superman

Prometheus I guess? Doesn't make the movie a 10/10 but at least explains some of the dumb things that happen like the guy that mapped the temple getting lost.

>I HAVE TO SIT DOWN WHEN I PEE
>8/10

Yeah, sure thing buddy

The Grandmaster
Blade Runner
Kingdom of Heaven
Alexander (still mediocre though)
Brazil
The New World (this might be a mostly a matter of personal taste w/r/t the "better" version)
Once Upon a Time In America

Brazil
The Abyss
The Professional
Aliens
Blade Runner
Kingdom of Heaven

Stay mad Marvelfag

I'd pretty much say all of them. That's why they exist isn't it?

Dances With Wolves

We'll see who history remembers, user

My apologies user, that image needs updating.

Kingdom of Heaven.

Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Oh yeah, people are going to remember BvS for ages and MoS will be required viewing in high school.

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? Capeshit is just fucking junk food for your eyes.

Do you think any of those Marvel movies are as good as Batman 89 or Batman Returns? Or Batman Begins?

Sorry I don't remember those DCEU movies.

The Magnificent Ambersons.

Pretty find Junk food tbqh

Great in both versions, but I prefer Mann's DVD cut of Ali, which includes more scenes with Howard Cosell and a whole fight omitted from the theatrical cut.

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1738

Fellowship of the Ring

>DCEU
Don't worry though, WW looks amazing.

Brazil
Dark City
Heaven's Gate
Once Upon a Time in America
Watchmen
Kingdom of Heaven
Legend

The first Iron man is as good as Batman 89.

>WW looks amazing
Don't be mean.

Honestly one of the worst movies I've seen.

Visually alright, I guess. Until the PS3 monster shows up.
Snyder is good at filming scenes and especially translating comics to movies. Which is why he shouldn't have done that script.
If he was doing the Dark Knight Returns it could have been a great movie. But that shit was a rushed train wreck.

Apocalypse Now

Whatever

meh, I think the Jewess looks alright.

The problem with WW isn't with how she looks, its the script, the graphics, oh and the fact that she can't act worth shit and sounds like she has golf balls in her mouth.

It's more about how forgettable Marvel movies are.
I watched Doctor Strange last month and I can't tell the name of Mads character. Meanwhile I remember everything from MoS and BvS

The abyss. They cut out almost all of the third act for the theatrical cut.
I would also say the original ending for the butterfly effect turns the movie from forgettable schlock to a something kind of poignant that sticks with you.

>Meanwhile I remember everything from MoS and BvS

You're a shill, it's your job.

MoS is among the most forgettable superhero movies I can think of. If it were more forgettable then I'd have forgotten about it. BvS is only memorable because of how much of a disaster it is.

>It's more about how I don't have any arguments that aren't just false equivalency

I remember everything from the Star Wars shitquels, it doesn't mean they were good.

>Exorcist 3

Damn, even the reshot version is amazing and truly creepy, just imagine if we ever get to see the original version. What fan version are you referring to? I know a month ago some company advertised the Director's Cut, but I hear it's a fraud.

No

>51 replies
>38 posters
mouseskeeter at it again
doesn't change anything tho
strawpoll.me/11824427/r

user thats not even everyone in the thread replying twice. Its not confirmed samefaggotry until you get over that 1:2 ratio.

I'd call you an autist but they're usually better at maths than this.

Holy shit, its as if some people where responding to each other, having a discussion.
You need to publish these findings, the scientific community is going to be shocked to find that each post isn't from a unique person on an internet forum.

Why are DCucks so paranoid?

>Once Upon a Time In America
That's not so much a 'director's cut' as it is the original cut vs the butchered cut vs attempts to recreate the original cut

>>Highlander 2

without the directors cut you think theyre aliens and shit. with dc you understand theyre mystical beings out of time. such better. very director.

Amadeus

I always heard that the director's cut of AlAffleck's Daredevil is actually decent.
But I've never had the guts to confirm it myself.

>paranoid
youtube.com/watch?v=c-9Wx_Jc0P8

Definitely this. The extra subtleties and color added by the new scenes really was like adding a cherry on top of a comfy ice-cream sundae.
Ironically, the EEs of The Hobbit just made them even more tedious and a slog simply to be endured.

There is no Prometheus directors cut.

>Ironically, the EEs of The Hobbit just made them even more tedious and a slog simply to be endured.
This is a shit opinion and you should feel bad

>Kingdom of Heaven
>Blade runner
>Lord of the Rings
I dont know if LOTR is improved by it, but definitely adds scenes that are very interesting and gave me a much more pleasurable experience.

Everyone seems to say Kingdom of Heaven. Is it that much better? I remember watching it and thinking meh. How does it change?

Blair Witch 2. The studio fucked with it so much that theatrical is a 2/10 at most. Their isn't a official directors cut, but some fanedits that followed his notes on what the movie was supposed to be like put it at a solid 7/10.

Daredevil - From a 4/10 to a decent 7/10
Watchmen - From a 7/10 to a 8.3/10

I think they added like 1 hour, so it's a pretty different movie, it actually makes sense.

it adds way more to the story. youll watch it and be like " WHY THE FUCK WAS THAT CUT". easily bumbs it from a 6 to an 8/10.

holy fuck

DC truly prevails.

>2222

Zodiac.

>Owned 2 different sets of LotR
>Neither had extended edition
I think I just need to download this and see what the fuss is about

Once Upon A Time In America

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid preview version

nice

Although it's not an official 'directors' cut, the Assembly cut of Alien 3.
Superman 2: The Richard Donner cut.

finally someone else said it