Max Landis throwing mad shade at RLM on Twitter right now

Max Landis throwing mad shade at RLM on Twitter right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fvglt_TQsPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Max Landis attempting to be funny

>shade
What the fuck does this mean and when did it come into use?

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

That's why they loved American Ultra, eh Maxxy?

go over to his twitter page, it's nothing but those TM posts, probably didn't like Rogue One

Why does Max pretend he is relevant at all? He hasn't written one decent script his entire career and we all know he's only obtained work through blatant nepotism.

liek you be sayin he shinin and sheit. You wanna throw some shade at that glow he be givin off. You blockin out that radiance he givin off with you darkness and shit.

That's shade

Chronicle was good but everything he did after that was just shit.

He's a one trick pony like Neill Blomkamp or M. Night Shyamalan.

>implying he isn't relevant

the script for that upcoming David Ayer and Will Smith movie was sold for a few million, and some guy recently wrote a feature-length parodical script about a character named Lax Mandis that ended up on the Blacklist (he went on a rant about this too).

Max is mad at RLM since they keep trashing his movies.

He's making a joke, jesus christ

it's something hispanic drag queens used to say to each other before drag shows

We know, it's a shitty one.

will Plinkett give Rogue One a good review?

Brutal.

Max isn't wrong though. Mike has exposed himself as an opinionated nerd with erratic taste. He's the guy who loved Jurassic World, he thought Independence Day Resurgence was better than the first.

Mike won't do another Plinkett review
VII was the last

Watch Wrestling isn't wrestling, and Dirk Gently is pretty good too.

is this pasta or did someone really just write this out just now?

4 year old pasta

Pasta.
It's completely true, though.

Erratic? Mike has been straight up bi-polar this past year or maybe two. He has a shitty day or doesn't drink just the right amount to level himself off then he's gonna tear a movie to shreds.

RLM literally have garbo taste though
I bet they aren't even on KG
Btw Max Landis remember that time your dad killed all those kids and you only got you job through nepotism and you will never ever be an auteur? Good times

We can only hope. That last one was just embarrassing for all concerned.

Childhood is idolizing Mike
Adulthood is realizing that Rich Evans makes more sense

RLM are capeshitter fanboys, they love all crap

did he just learn how to make the ™ symbol or something?

Holy fuck is that a real photo?

why are these randoms even allowed to be mentioned on fucking Sup Forums? obviously noone is watching or paying attention to these people, so it has to be shills and they've been posting about these faggots for years now.

i'm too fucking old to go raid people and use my time to make their lives worse, but what the fuck are you young people up to nowadays? Why are you allowing shills to spam these guys names on this board without fucking ruining them?

holy fuck Sup Forums is so shit

he is just mad that he is a shit writer and people liked rogue one, but he didn't.

Wtf I thought Sup Forums loved RLM

only 2014 starwarsleaks newfags hate on RLM

RLM have horrible taste and Max Landis is a entitled loudmouth punk.

So like I say to most faggot OPs...who cares?

Love this pasta because it's less funny and more true.

RLM couldn't make a blockbuster movie and their opinions are full pleb tier and almost directly mirror meme sites like Rotten Tomatoes.

Plinkett making fun of Star Wars was okay but it gave those guys way too much false confidence. Why people actually watch them beyond that is beyond me.

He's right they're constantly raving about the newest Marvel flicks and Oscar bait movies but when it comes to actual kinos like Birth of a Nation or Moonlight they're completely silent.

Can you spoonfeed me on why those people hate RLM?

Too bad because that is the only thing he was ever good at.

RLM is shit

Max Landis is shit

Rogue One is shit

No

Childhood is not caring about reviews.
Teenagehood is caring about reviews.
Adulthood is not caring about reviews again.

I have no idea but this constant RLM hate started when the fake "Episode VII leakers" showed up and linked this board to r/starwarsleaks

RLM only became popular because of one great review of a movie everybody hates.

Their other reviews are fucking shit. They love everything. Unless it's a controversial movie then they shit on it as hard as they can to get move views.

The first Independence Day was as awful as everything Hollywood shits out these days. I'm sure resurgence was at least on par with it.

Ugh I think they're just a couple of dudes who enjoy sort of what they are doing and found away to get paid for it. Everyone wants to make there hobby there job. Easy and fun less stressful way of living. I'm jealous of their position. You probably are too.

Newfags leave

youtube.com/watch?v=Fvglt_TQsPk

>he's only obtained work through blatant nepotism

More like, writing and pitching a shitload of scripts and wounding up with a fairly decent number of sales, all things considered. The sales to scripts ratio must be like 1:30

No, I'd like to rape their families in front of them.

I'd rather say that I would love them apply the criteria used for Ep I-III to other movies like The Hobbit and Jurassic World.

If they were fan of one or both, we would have had other Plinkett reviews. They fail at the same fundamental levels, but somehow RLM fails to address the point.

Severo ma giusto.

Mike and Jay on suicide watch now the only chance they had of making something of themselves has damned them.

'no'
gilchrist is a brony faggot and has 0 credibility

wtf I love Max Landis now?

honestly it's deserved
they didn't even attempt to give the movie a real review, it's insulting

Well i enjoyed the script he wrote for the first 10 Dirk Gently episodes
So ill give this faggot that

>throwing mad shade
Why do people do this? Do they want to be niggers?

It means a white cuck is trying to talk like a nigger.

>why are people talking about these guys? they're not even on television!
if you have such a poor understanding of pop culture why are you hanging out on a pop culture board?

Max cmon. You're not even trying anymore

Gilchrist Gate was maybe one of the most fun nights I've ever had on Sup Forums.

the plinkett reviews of titanic and avatar were okay
also some of the star trek ones

plenty of people pitch screenplays for years and never get noticed
if he wasn't somebody's kid he probably never would've broken in (regardless of talent)

true, but those times are gone.

They could have destroyed the Hobbit in the same way.

Yeah, right. Max would feel the need to come to this shitty board to defend his accomplishments as a result of his own hard work and not my dad's name.

>pinned tweet of his complaining about "wasted potential" on a script that mocked him

Gah. What a pussy.

Not understanding sarcasm or conversational intent is a sign of autism, user.

personally I was looking forward to the matrix teardown
actually I might have preferred a more positive review, I would've liked to see him rip apart the LotR trilogy because they really simplified the source material and tone to turn it into a movie
it's sad to see how hard it is to make anything good when you're not hungry anymore

the more popular RLM becomes the less Sup Forums likes them, gee, never saw that coming

What movie is this about?

How to show people you're an idiot in the longest, most drawn-out way possible!

Sorry they're making money and being successful by providing awesome and hilarious criticism of modern shitty cinema while you're on a mongolian cartoon image board projecting about them.

That must really chap your ass.

Everything you said was wrong.

I agree on the matrix.
Disagree on Lotr. The thing was unfilmable. They criticize movies, they are not Lotr geeks would have made no sense. There is lot of "un-tolkien" in Jackson Work, but as adaptation they worked.

Some of the comments they made in the 3rd SW review about tone could fit, 'tough, what they did to Legolas and Gimli, especially the latter.

at the end of their 2016 catchup they mentioned it
the implication being that if they actually stated their honest, negative opinion max landis would bring to bear upon them the full force of his autism

I see where you are coming from but they kinda dropped the ball lately.

It's not true at all, but you're really a gigantic, insufferable faggot.

That's true.

That says a lot about you, personally.

I bet you think you won that argument?

It's nigg speak that's been around forever,r but boomed into popularity with the white kiddies.

It's the same thing that happened with such phrases as "get jiggy with it" and "yaw dawg," White people grab a hold of it and then wear it the fuck out, even though that shit's been worn out already in the black community.

Basically if you hear a white person saying shit like "throw shade" or "YAAAAS" they are tryhard faggots. Also don't listen to that one AIDS-ridden faggot who always comes in here trying to say some shit like "Drag queens made it up." They stole it from the black community too.

witty comeback bro u destroyed him

HOWEVER

zero actual arguments from you.

okay so a very basic thing that you could point out about the lotr is the shift of focus from the hobbits to the humans to make it more relatable, you don't have to be a turbonerd to dissect the tonal choices they made, and I'm sure he's at least read the books
the nice thing about the star wars reviews was that they challenged popular opinion in some way, especially re: "the third one was the best"
but maybe it's out of his depth

you have shit taste

It's so transparent he's just begging for a (You) from the HitB Rogue One review. If Mike and Jay want to do one actually based thing they should stop feeding his ego and just never mention him again.

>unfilmable

Some idiot somewhere said this and it stuck with all of the idiots.

It wasn't unfilmable at all, as the Fellowship proudly displayed. That movie was a near-perfect film adaptation of the first book, even throwing in the death of Boromir for some added emotional punch to the ending.

The shit went off the rails when Jackson and his other screenwriter started adding in manufactured drama and changing huge plot points for no real reason other than they may be more exciting.

They could've stuck to the source material way more faithfully and it would've been totally "filmable." They thought they needed to change Tolkien's classic to cater to mouth-breathing fat American audiences that have no taste, but they were wrong. Films were critically a huge success, but they also garnered a lot of criticism from fans for deviating pointlessly from the source material and thinking they could do it better.

Look at the fucking Hobbit, it's the same shit with Jackson just able to do whatever he wants. What a fucking disaster.

Stupidass unfilmable meme non-excuse please die for christs sake.

>focus from the hobbit to the humans
not sure about that. We alternate from the Human-Elf-Dwarf point of view to the Merry+Pippin (in TTT) to the Sam+Frodo (TTT and RotK). Not sure what do you mean.

I like the SW reviews, I just expected that they kept their standards for The Hobbit or such. In reviewing the Hobbit, they make the same mistakes people that reviewed Ep I-III made (at least, from RLM point of view).

Hahaha no, my taste is fucking impeccable, and everybody knows it.

Coming from this board, though, that's a laugh and a half.

based

I guess they'll be watching the new Neil Breen film by themselves.

underrated

Can't wait for Sup Forums to embarrass themselves in this thread like they do almost every day!

God you guys are morons! Haha!

>zero arguments

Implies that there was something to argue. He asserted a false observation. The fact that the strength of his """""argument""""" is predicated on you agreeing with him and knowing to what he references means its shit.

Even the fact that their opinions "ALMOST" directly mirror RT is meaningless because there's no substantiation of what "almost" means in this context. Without examples its valueless.

The pasta is full autism, and the fact that there are a half dozen more like it that somehow at some point took the time to write out should be evidence enough that the guy dedicated to it is salty as fuck. Almost as salty as the idiots who save it.

>The Colo Claw Fish Jumps The Plinkett.mp4_snapshot_01.44.01_[2015.12.14_07.00.26].png

>not only did he watch the video, he downloaded it first

Landis is just salty they've indirectly laughed at him a number of times now.

Can't handle being a failure outside of his social media presence.

>Can't handle being a failure outside of his social media presence.

Like Mike and Jay?

Nothing wrong with downloading kino

Is hard living with Asperger, isn't it?

I did not mean "unfilmable" as people meant with, say, Watchmen. I meant that is a huge fucking book with LOADS of stuff you have to eventually cut. Furthermore, Aragorn, that I love in the book, is more an archetype there and has been "modernised" as an individuals with more doubts and fears in the adaptation. Modern audience blabla. Stuff like that.

Would I have cut most of the new bullshit? yes. But the movie worked. The Hobbit is an example of what could have been.
What huge plot points did they change? I hope you don't mean Bombadil or Glorfindel.

And on THAT line, mind it, on the fact that Jackson is an hack I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU and as you said, the Hobbit movies show that. They had less cool dialogues and sentences to copy and adapt from the books (sometimes having different characters say that specific thing) and they indeed, did show that Hackson&Friends cannot write something original for shit without it being pure cringe. And some of that stuff, too, creeped into TTT and RotK, luckily not enough to shit on everything.

>defends RLM
>gets flustered by stale pasta
shit taste confirmed

still zero arguments beside and elaborate form of "I disagree", my friend.

Reddit letter media blown the FUCK out

Not an argument

Sorry. This is an objectively wrong opinion. Have you even seen Resurgence?

Jesus Christ is that bad?

>providing awesome and hilarious criticism of modern shitty cinema

While enjoying TFA and Jurassic World?

NO YOURS is not an argument, dumbass.

Just stop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Not an argument.____________________________________________