How do you determine what language to learn when you already know english?

How do you determine what language to learn when you already know english?

If you speak English fluently, is there any reason to bother to learn another language?

Well, considering the fact that english is the most important language to learn, and I already know it, at least well enough...

... I'll look for languages I find pretty :3

Same, after Eng and Ara, I am only inclined to learn French (tried once), it's beautiful

Spanish is the most useful for an American.

Is there any point to learning languages if you're an autist?

French and German

everything else is useless or not first world.

after those two, do whatever you want.

they are not useful either

I learned Spanish because my state shares borders with Uruguay and Argentina, and I visit Paraguay at least once a year. Muh heritage and whether I find it interesting would be good reasons for me to learn some other language.

I taught myself a bit of Polish, Russian, Slovak, Serbian and Belarusian mainly because I love Slavic culture and History, an interest I developed after dating a Polish person when I was younger.

Slavic languages are rather hard. It may be even harder with Slovak, Serbian and Belarusian due to lacking "funny" ways of learning, but Polish and Russian have some free basic resources like Memrise or Duolingo.

I used to study French in high school because it's required to learn a foreign language. Unfortunately, I forgot most of it (12 years since HS graduation). I should probably relearn it...I actually quite enjoyed it.

ditto, I really liked french, then I had to transfer schools and they wouldn't let me take french so I had to learn stupid spanish for two years.

still don't give a single shit about spanish, and want to learn french more

I had no problems regarding pronunciation and grammar because Portuguese is quite versatile. Portuguese is actually very similar to Slavic languages, oddly enough. I stopped learning Polish because I diverged focus to Hebrew now as my wife is Jewish. And I still listen to Polish and Slovakian folk music and read news articles casually nonetheless, I'm not too fond of said "funny" ways of learning, I prefer reading books and listening to music instead.

lithuanian
start up a eurasian steppe commune
bring back the glory days of the proto indo europeans

By the attractiveness of women speaking the language

Topkek, I stopped learning Hebrew and started with Brazilian Portuguese.

Except French is a diplomatic and trade language used by a large and growing proportion of africans, asians and europeans

Stop projecting your own languages relative uselessness onto the rest of the world, Slovojak

Same feels here. I avoided CHI by taking French and have zero regrets. Continued to take more courses in college and traveled abroad in several francophone countries, french language is based and I recommend you learn it someday!

sorry poland, you're a qt3.14 but your language is so-so.

ABDL fags should be gassed

that isn't abdl. that's just dd/lg

it's literally just an excuse for spanking and saying daddy

You learn Japanese, you gat damn filthy weeb.

Why?

Japanese obviously they are superior in every way Nippon bansai anime bansai subaru banzai