Why is it okay with normies to like Deftones? It sounds like shit to me

Why is it okay with normies to like Deftones? It sounds like shit to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/pointandclick/nu-metal-that-is-actually-good-in-my-opinion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is it okay with people to like music? It sounds like shit to me.

Sup Forums also seems to have a boner for Deftones.

Deftones are okay, don't know how many normies like them though?
I suppose the clean vocals are more accessible than extreme vox

It's fine to be patrish with normies

Because it's what us current tastemakers used to listen to when we were very young. The first three KoRn albums also get a pass .

Because they showed ambition in their songwriting for a buttmetal band

>nu-metal
>k-pop general

Sup Forums isn't any better than normalfags.

Hating nu metal in 2018 is about as normalfag as you can get. Only true contrarians like Scaruffi can appreciate the genre for what it is, which is objectively good music.

Deftones is only considered nu metal because magazines and marketers lumped them together.

Do you guys like System of a Down too?

White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

all great albums
Saturday Night Wrist is pretty good
the others are hit and miss

you can talk to girls about this band

>tfw Chino is literally a 56% Amerimutt

Deftones are pretty good desu.

Are you kidding me, be quite and drive is one of the best songs i heard, as is the entire Around the Fur album

forget something?

>be quite and drive is one of the best songs i heard

This can't be real

Change sounds nothing like average nu-metal song

I wrote them off for a long time because I only heard Back to School which is one of their shittiest songs
Apart from THAT track from Saturday Night Wrist

its like half really good and half just okay
it is a good song tbf

Test

Back to School was such a fucking awful first track. I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea to put it at the start of a really good album

Yeah especially since the different version Pink MAggit is much better

Yeah, Headup was especially good with Max Cavalera from Soulfly providing backing vocals

To me it doesn't sound that different from their best songs desu.

They're the only rock from that time that I continued to like after my teen years, if you want to call them nu-metal that's cool. My 19 y/o nephew and his friends are all into nu metal and mumble rap atm, it really draws in the normies desu. We all had Korn and Disturbed albums along with our Britney Spears and shit it was just super poppy

since theres finally a deftones thread i recommend you all check this out. It sheds all the nu metal that was lingering in white pony and has a fucking sick lineup

pink cellphone is better than everything they made before s/t

Change and back to school r their worst songs imo. I guess change isn't terrible but it's ducking boring.. of course that was their only real hit

>It sheds all the nu metal that was lingering in white pony

and that's why it sucks balls. All of chino's side projects are garbage except maybe that one he did with the guys from Isis

Better than Deftones. Especially production. Most of thier albums literally sounds like shit esp Gore

They got a Grammy for Elite

i think its really good, very solid shoegaze album at the least. Theres only 2 songs on it that are bad

Actually yes

lol, yeah especially when they talk about British people having bad teeth >.

System of A Down (entire discography)
Deftones (entire discography)
Korn's 2 first albums
Mudvayne - L.D. 50

Confirmed for good nu metal.

Debatable:
Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Y'all
Slipknot - Slipknot/Iowa

The first edition of the album didn't have that song in the album which was pretty curious as they had a video of that song. It first came as a single and then it came with the white edition of the album.

For me it's different. I would put Team Sleep as chino's best side proyect, but the bsides, not the official album with the edited version of the songs.

rateyourmusic.com/list/pointandclick/nu-metal-that-is-actually-good-in-my-opinion/
All this stuff is unironically good

Is team sleep the only band where the demos where better than the finished songs?

why dont you like the songs on team sleep?

I like it, but for the most part I rather listen to the bsides and rarities.

I love Back to School, idgaf if it's corny

Why loving BtS when there is Pink Maggit?

I havent listened to anything other than the studio album, does any of the other stuff have zach hill on drums?

I honestly kind of like the shitty rapping

i love the deftones but back to school is literally scum even the band hate it.

Unironically nu-metal had some of the best production of rock music it was just the lyrics and image that gimped the genre
Get high and go listen to Korn, Linkin Park or Rage Against the Machine.
Great stuff.

Yes, but they aren't Nu Metal.

>liking terrorist collaborations

Deftones was more than nu metal.

>Korn's 2 first albums
Follow The Leader, Issues and Untouchables are pretty good too. The rest can be pretty hit and miss