GIZZTHREAD

A King Gizzard year in review. Thoughts on Gumboot Soup? Ranking of the albums? Overall consensus?

Beginners Luck is a groovy track. Why are Ambrose songs the best?

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to Gumboot Soup yet, but Sketches of Brunswick East, Oddments, Paper Mache Dream Balloon, and Flying Microtonal Banana are the albums I listen to most from them

FA-FYL > Poly > Nonagon > Mindfuzz = Banana > Paper Mache > MOTU = 12BB > Gumboot = Sketches = Quarters! > Oddments > ELTS

MOTU = Mind Fuzz > Nonagon > FMB = Paper Mache > Quarters > Oddments > Poly > Gumboot > Sketches

don't really care for their stuff prior to 2014 but recognize that float along is a good album for that genre

gumboot soup on spotify when?

Great Chain of Being gives me Clutch vibes

Good album, but I still find myself going back to Poly again and again

Gumboot Soup is okay. Nice collection of leftovers with some pretty good songs and some forgettable ones. Doesn't hold a candle to their other 2017 works, but it's still a solid 7/10 for me. Favourite tracks are Muddy Water, The Great Chain of Being (damn I love heavy gizz, but when they're going full on doom like this I feel like I can go for even heavier), Greenhouse Heat Death and All is Known.

Nonagon > Poly > MOTU > FMB > Mind Fuzz > Quarters > Sketches > Paper Mache > Gumboot > FA-FYL > Oddments > ELTS > 12BB

Already got my tickets for their Paradiso show in march.

you're severely underrating Paper Mache and Float Along

That's relative, I still like those a lot as well

Sketches > GBS >>> POLY > FMB > Murder

Hey I've got tickets for Paradiso as well! 5th or 6th?

6th, 5th was already sold out when I found out

Cool, I'm going the 6th as well.

I like Gizz, probably one of the better modern rock bands, but there is something that holds them back from me REALLY enjoying them. I really dig their melding of psych/garage/prog sound, but I think their ability to write a good song is a bit lacking. If they just slowed down to fine tune their songs they have potential to make something special. Nonogon would probably be my favorite album.

Nonagon > Mind Fuzz > Poly > MOTU > FMB > PMDB > 12BB > FL-FYL > Gumboot > Oddments > Quarters! > Sketches > ELTS

Beginner's Luck is the best song on GS, prove me wrong

Respectfully disagree, my man

You'll fucking love Gumboot drop everything and listen to it

Superposition is great

>sewage pipe pumping out notes
Accurate