Why does the English speaking world have the most influence on global culture...

Why does the English speaking world have the most influence on global culture? Why aren't the rest of the world even trying? Will it always be this way or will the Chinese, Indians, or Nigerians eventually overtake English influence over the world?

3 Chinese will take over English

Spanish will take over english

Social studies in 9th grade told me that it's guns germs and steel.

I'd prefer a Chinese takeover to the current iteration of Anglo culture. Materialism, debauchery, gluttony, cultural marxism, identitarianism, low fertility, unwillingness to take on parental responsibilities. We're living in Sodom and the Chinese will help shake us out of it for a temporary period.

But English will remain the lingua Franca until AI translation service renders linguistic diversity as technological obsolescence

>AI translation service renders linguistic diversity as technological obsolescence

absolutely unfounded, you won't be wearing ai in your brain

posters billboards etc will all be in different languages and no matter how good the ai is language appreciation will never disappear

same could be said about doing mental math and calculators

>. Materialism, debauchery, gluttony
youd think living in canada you'd have met a chinese person. they are the human embodiment of these things

That's not Anglo culture.

It's like saying Roman culture was represented by the decline and internal subversion rather than the pragmatism of the industrial revolution, the creativity and ingenuity of the inventors, the high state of the culture, etc.

>you won't be wearing ai in your brain
Why not? invasive surgery implants are definitely happening at some point it will go like
>Phone AR:2020
>Contact Lens AR:2025-2030 (i dont think glasses will happen we will go from phone to lens, glasses will never catch on)
>Eye implants :2035
>Direct Brain implants: 2040

no it won't
the ability to hack networks is much better than the ability to defend

unless you want to be a walking string puppet i recommend some curbing of enthusiasm

also you need to meet more chinese people

Hahaha, we all know English will dominate for decades to come. Its the primary language for traveling and business communication.

the internet is built on english, no way its going anywhere

I don't believe English will ever be over taken. People say things like "Chinese and EspaƱol have more speakers, so why is English the world language." That is a pointless argument. Chinese languages and Arabic are restricted to their own geographical range, while Spanish is the language of mostly poorer countries. Note that only the language of wealthy first world countries can achieve global dominance and become world lingua francas. Only French and English are close to being world lingua francas, regardless of number of native speakers. In most countries in Africa and South Asia, European languages have become the language for technical education and knowledge of the colonial language is seen as being a part of the upper class of the country. Some third-world countries have abolished their colonial language from business and higher education, and this is only possible if the language is not English, or if the country has become wealthy enough to assert it's linguistic self-confidence. Like Hong Kong removed English in favour of Cantonese. Indonesia removed Dutch in favour of Bahasa Indonesia and English is preferred as a second language rather than Dutch. Vietnam removed French and most schools teach in Vietnamese medium with English as the second language subject. But countries like India and Nigeria are too cucked by the English language to ever replace it with a local language in higher education and commerce. Especially so in Nigeria, where only English medium schools exist. No school teaches in Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa. This is not the case in most other Africans nations, though. In Tanzania Swahili as a medium of instruction in primary school is more prevalent than English. Same in India. In some states like Bihar only 3% of primary schools teach in English. However college education in fields like medicine and engineering is only available in English. This works because only the upper class kids who go to English medium schools can afford uni.

the rise in consumer power makes that all moot

just you wait

It's likely English will fall at some point yes, but not in our lifetimes.

Are chinks completely incapable of subtlety?

english is already falling as a percent of all communication

The cuckiest thing of them all is that even some countries that never had any history of being a British/Australian/American colony have started to use English in education and commerce, like Ethiopia and Bhutan. Also some countries like Rwanda have started using English instead if French because it is more globally relevant.

In america, yes, but I believe American culture is so strong that the Hispanics will eventually learn English.

>globally relevant
english is maxed out in relevance, those countries choose english because that's where the money and influence is, there is no law that says english speakers will be powerful forever, that's like romans saying latins will be dominant forever in the 2nd century

they live in a different world in the us so technically there will be a large population that doesn't need to speak english at all, all the customer service places look for spanish speakers to cater to that demographic

alright then, guess we'll all be speaking espanol soon then

it doesn't matter what it is but nothing lasts forever

could be newspeak for all we know
or just plain assembly

to be honest, the world would be much better if everybody just spoke english
imagine how much money we could save for all the translation.
and imagine how great it would be if you can travel around the world and be able to communicate with local population

it would eventually fragment into local dialects again.

you can see it happening with the west indian countries that speak a strange modified english, south africans sound weird, yanks and aussies will have their own languages in 500 years.

that would be very very bad

The world is much more interconnected than it was in the last centuries.
We all watch american movies and british tv shows.
this helps to establish a sort of "normal english" which is understood by everybody

why?

it steals some humanity away

you think anglos aren't humans?
That's a bit harsh

i think when i got to some far away place i don't want to hear some souther drawl

Well, that certanly wont happen within our lifetime.
But with the advance of technology and more international cooperation, the definition of "faraway" places changes.
I do believe that people in future wont consider countries like India or China faraway places

and if they all spoke english it just eliminates some flavor they used to have, it's not india or china like it was before, just another english speaking cluster

are you also sad when you travel to germany and people understand you?

Because the US was the most important and influential country in the world during the time when regular people from across the planet started communicating with each other. It's a process that only happened once, and won't be repeated unless civilization ends.
Everybody on the planet already speaks English. Why would they want to learn a new language?

it's not understanding but they couldn't speak german altogather

will English be the lingua franca for the rest of human history?

China is far worse for all of those things, my friend. Especially as its population grows richer, more educated, indoctrinated (by its government) and arrogant. Even things like familial ties get tossed aside for arrogance and personal gain.

because its easy to learn it, it has nothing to do with "influence"

The chinese are more materialistic than anyone else, Zhang