Why are Finns singled out as the Mongols of Europe? Why not Hungarians and Estonians who also speak Uralic languages...

Why are Finns singled out as the Mongols of Europe? Why not Hungarians and Estonians who also speak Uralic languages? I have never seen Finns irl but from the movies and pictures I don't see how they don't look European at all. Also, if Mongoloid features do in fact exist among Finns, should they not exist among Magyars, Samis and Estonians as well? The Uralic family of languages seems endemic to areas inhabited by White people. I don't see the connection with Turks or Mongols in any way. If language is the reason why it is debatable whether or not Finns are White, would you say the same about Georgians? Are Kartvelians considered White? Idk. There exists theoretical linguistical superfamilies linking Uralic to Turkic, Mongolic, Koreanic and Japonic languages like the Uralic-Altaic superfamily, but these have been widely discredited by most linguists. Hence there is no solid evidence that links Uralic languages to those spoken by East Asians.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural–Altaic_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because some of turbo Sami Finnish really looks Uralic but others don't at all

It's the Swede's shitposting

It's a meme you dip.

this is what your average fingolian looks like

no, it isn't, pekka pekkalainen.

It's mostly a meme. Also the concept of "whiteness" has not tradionally existed in Europe, it is more of a settler society thing.

fuck

Swedish race "scientist" found an Sami skull and noticed it's mongoloid about 100 years ago

But didn't realize Finns are not Saami

Also Fennomans (pro Finnish movement) and Svekomans (pro Swedish movement) had beef around same times in Finland

Some Fennomans states: Fennoswedes must go to Sweden

Svekoman throwback: Finns are from Ural, therefore they are yellow race not white Nordic
(We are still white tbqh)

finns are hapas lol

indians are probably whiter than some finns

good hapas or bad hapas?

Also Finns aren't genetically maybe Euros but we are Not Asians either

We are our own kind of group
(maybe due to long isolation)

Also Finns, Saamis and Estonians are known to be the last direct descendants of original Europeans

>original Europeans
WE

dunno

It is true

Their X chromosome only found from us

it was a meme to mock Ylilauta trash. There's certainly some truth to the meme DESU

No

>Also Finns aren't genetically maybe Euros but we are Not Asians either
We are our own kind of group
(maybe due to long isolation)
This desu. But can we completely disregard the attempts made to link Uralic languages to Turkic languages?

I dont know much about Turkic

There is maybe some link with the Ugric ones like Hungarian

That's duh, man. It is well established that Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Samoyed, Sami and a few other languages in Russia together form the Uralic language family. Now some linguists are trying to merge the Uralic family with the Turkic family and with the Mongolic family. How does that make you feel?

Hmm hard to say

I don't know anything about Turkic or Mongolian but could be partly true

Uralic/Finno-Ugric can be divided to Finnic and Ugric, some languages far East are closely related to Hungarian

There may be some link to Finnish too

most of the mongol oc is from ylilauta, ahmed

swedes genocided samis. chinky phnotype is common only in finland among nordic countries. hungary was slavicized and nobody gives a fuck about baltics.

>I don't see the connection with Turks or Mongols in any way.
lol

Why this map shows noticeble difference between finnland and sweden? None of finnish I've met were look like even 1% asian.

those are paternal lineages. finnish men gave bfc to the European women until there was more european addmixture in finns even if the uralic fatherline remains

They are not trying to merge them you shit sniffing retard.
Only brainwashed Turkish nationalist try it.

Everything east of the Rhine is populated by mongols

It's just some meme for Finland but Hungary actually does have Central Asian roots

Rood.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural–Altaic_languages

>Ural–Altaic, Uralo-Altaic or Uraltaic, also known as Turanian, is an obsolete language-family proposal

Even the first sentence establishes it as an obsolete proposal

But someone tried it. And they weren't brainwashed Turkish nationalists but proper scholars.

It was driven by 19th century nationalism-fueled ethnic research, which was faulty to say the least

>Philip Johan von Strahlenberg, Swedish Explorer
>Danish philologist Rasmus Christian Rask
>"""Finnish""" linguist and explorer Matthias Castrén[
hmm really makes me thing. its not like this was totally not part of the faux racial science to make finns be labeled as mongoloid

Then it's not "trying" it in the present you colonial subhuman dipshit.

Okie.

Why you be like this, man? What have I said wrong? I was only curious.

>Turanian
TURANISM
U
R
A
N
I
S
M

Maybe they used to be, but the modern Finn has way too much Swedish blood to ever be considered mongols. They are basically Swedes with a Finno-Uralic language.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, they do speak Swedish too, and they are getting better at it. So they are actually switching languages little by little.

>dumb shit

t. sven working in norway

Most of us don't

Finns don't get good at it because doesn't seem relevant

It's like Norwegians learning German desu.

dunno but some finns do look a bit like mongolians.
i myself don't have any asian features

Norge and german are related at least, sharing many of the linguistics.

It's an evolutionary trait.
The mongoloid eyes shelter against the wind and snow.
And sand too.

This, it's a agreed fact that slightly epicanthic eyefolds are present in Scandinavian populations due to evolution and not by mixing. I mean you try and have fun when the sunlight is multiplied when it reflects from snow. Also facial reconstructions of Proto-indoeuropean people who lived here long before germanics or Finnics had them too.

Most of us don't.

Its a meme coming from some pseudo race doctors of 1800s who thought finns arent europeans because of finnish language and also because samis are legit asians

i always thought i have really pronounced epicantic folds to protect my eyes against winter winds, but that sun thing seems logical too, it's very painful in the winter

> you can accurately reconstruct aspects of soft tissue from skeletons alone

maybe not him personally, but scientists actually can and do

if samis are asian, why they look exactly like finns?

They have turned finnish and swedish during last 100 years. We simply outnumbered them. This is what they looked like when there was pure samis

Yes they can! Ain't 30 year old science magnificent!

Now kids don't be a retard like this boy.

look like finns

more like east slavs

That's a sami.

hungarians and estonians usually don't look as mongoloid as some (a lot of) finns do

No they dont

finn... sami... implying there's a difference

same is a finnish meme

4chin seems to be the only place where some people unironically think finns look like asians

*sami

well the guy on right does look like an asian

you're posting pictures of norwegian samis and trying to claim they're finns. ok then

i meant all finns.

Finnic settlers removed Saami through mixing and kicking them north.
You can find Saami looks just about everywhere in Finland.

Someone post that ayylmao finnish guy for the sake of memes

Was chop chop a finn?

yes

Do you believe that Finnish opinions on Sweden have been made more negative because you are forced to "learn" the language?

From my perspective it seems so and I don't see the point of forcing millions of people to study a language they don't want to learn.

I don't really know. Finns don't really think about Sweden in real life or talk about you. I never thought about it that way, I just thought it was a pretty useless language. You don't really have to actually "study" it. It's enough to sit in the classroom to get pass the Swedish courses.

There are basically three types of Finns who claim to hate Sweden:
1. Hockey rivalry taken too far
2. Those who buy into the "Swedish-speaking elite" meme
3. Nationalists who victimize themselves over the time Finland was part of Sweden

I feel that compulsory Swedish doesn't by itself cause people to hate Sweden (it's more or less tied to 2.)
The main gripe with compulsory Swedish is that it's not useful.

Nice to hear. I didn't imagine people thought about Sweden much at all in daily life but some(a few) Finns do go above and beyond simple banter irl.

4. kang

He's pretty much 3. though