So why did he die after touching Harry?

So why did he die after touching Harry?

He was shot by American police for touching an under-aged boy.

Died from dullness

he was dull

for the reasons explained in the movie

short answer:power of love
long answer:some tricky explanation about how people dying for other people can melt human faces like acid.

Why is a white fucking male wearing a purple turban in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Because he represents deep-seated subconscious fears prevalent in the British populace at the time regarding the torrent of Arabic immigrants into Britain. His alien garb is not only different, it's dangerous-- he uses his turban to hide a voldemort much as we would expect a Muslim to use their turbans and long flowing robes to hide a bomb.

Rowling is truly a literary genius.

Harry should be able to see Thestrals from the end of the Philosopher's Stone in the movie universe.

>Philosopher's

Harry's mom's sacrifice created a magical protection specifically from Voldemort. Voldemort needed some of Harry's blood to break the spell.

great copypasta, it's a shame it's too arrogant to influence public opinion. this is the equivalent of a paperweight in meme terms, literally useless noise

You're embarrassing yourself.

It's funny because the movie is called Sorcerer's Stone

>popular = shit
Man I sure love being here with my ebin fortchong friends

I don't know who you are plagiarizing, but that's a pretty shitty justification for Harry Potter being "terrible". Because of the writing style? That's like saying Fight Club was terrible because it was produced more as an action-thriller than a psychological-horror. Yea it ended up being a pulpy edgy movie for teenagers but it also captivated a generation.

Along those same lines, Harry Potter had strong characterization. and it effectively established a cozy ambiance and captured the feelings and anxieties of youth. Sure it wasn't a ;literary masterpiece, but making it with flowery language and complex themes would have alienated the children for which the book was designed.

But then, it's fun to be a contrarian. It makes it seem like your opinions seem more interesting than they are.

If I touch you would you die?

>He felt Quirrell's arm wrenched from his grasp, knew all was lost, and fell into blackness, down... down...
down...
Something gold was glinting just above him. The Snitch! He tried to catch it, but his arms were too heavy.
He blinked. It wasn't the Snitch at all. It was a pair of glasses. How strange.
He blinked again. The smiling face of Albus Dumbledore swam into view above him.

He passed out brah.

Why didn't the Death Eaters just disguise themselves as Harry's friends and bludgeon him to death when he's not looking?

>in the movie universe.

It's one sentence, at least read it to the end before posting.

good the contrarians here are faglords

Having thestrals at hogwarts is pretty fucking cruel. Way to single out the kids who've been traumatised and make them feel even more alone.

What is a Philosopher?

How do I say Philosopher?

>burgers

Harry passes out
Quirell doesnt die until Voldy abandons him moments later.

So he's still alive while he literally crumbles to dust in front of Harry's eyes?

Why did the American books and shit get called Sorcerer's Stone? It makes no sense. The Philosopher's Stone is a real thing in the real world. Like, theorized about or written about in actual books and shit. Why would they change it for Americans? Why would Rowling change it for us? I can't even make a joke about we're all stupid so she had to dumb it down, it's not any simpler, and the original is actually a thing in real-life fiction/books.

American children don't know what a philosopher is
It's that simple

3 minutes, not bad