Lord of the Rings

Just watched them all (extended editions). They are still comfy as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao
youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=yPsDmy7yEpU&list=FL1e0cdmE5ihfvUZFF9jQvCg&index=41
youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.”

;_;

yeah youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

No they aren't only fellowship of the ring is any good. Two towers babbies need help. And return of the king plebs are too far gone to need anything but watch the hobbit.

Are the extended versions really worth watching?
Just curious because I plan on rewatching this movie series. Does the extra hour or so if footage add much to the movie?

I don't think people are going to recognize how special these movies are until decades later.

Oh god yes. Once you've experienced the extended versions, you can't watch it any other way.

Only if you're a fan of the books imo. The extended versions don't really add much to the story depicted in the movies, but it's nice to see the Mouth of Sauron and other omitted scenes

>when this scene comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao

only the ones who were older when it came out already do.
yes

As a fan of the book, some of the added scenes hurt the pacing, some are actually really good.

My own personal opinion is that two towers extended is better for rewatching than theatre. They're all worth watching at least once though.

>all those edgy opinions
yes, FotR is probably the best of the three, but dismissing the other two so offhandedly means you're just seeking out attention

There are honest to god tears in my eyes right now

How did PJ go so right with LOTR, but so wrong with The Hobbit?

the comfiest.

lord of the rings makes me teary

>only the ones who were older when it came out already do.
I was in my early 20s when the came out, I appreciated them then, but I cherish them now.

I watched the extended curs this weekend and I wasn't a huge fan

Some scenes were cool (Boromir and Afraid in Osgiliate and the mouth of Sauron) but holy shit the Merry and Pippen added scenes were unbearable

well, death

youtube.com/watch?v=EmTz7EAYLrs

i foten take very long 4hrs walks in the nearby forest, and i always have an iPod with me to listen to this track, when I finally come out of a dark forest to a large farmed field. I go there in spring and walk through the freshly plowed earth, I go there in the summer and walk through yellow barley, I walk there in the autumn and rest sometimes on the piles of straw. And every fucking time, when I come out of the forest and hear these first sweet violin chords, I have a tear in my eye. A tear for something I have missing in my life , something inexplicable and yet so dear. Sometimes I just wish to die there, capturing that majestic entrance of an orchestra as my final thoughts.

Howard Shore's music does it for me.

I don't think anything will top this

youtube.com/watch?v=yPsDmy7yEpU&list=FL1e0cdmE5ihfvUZFF9jQvCg&index=41

Nerds still trying to keep lotr relevant lmao

This is why star wars> lotr. Pop relevance; lotr will be forgotten once you neckbeards die out

the only missing scene which really rocked the boat for me was Boromir capturing Osgiliath. God, why would they delete something so powerful, so pure and so true to human emotions?

I eat punks like you for second breakfast

I watched them all last new years day. might do it again....

dat crescendo gave me goosebumps

Extended edition of Return of the King is still the longest movie I've watched without even pausing for a second. Four hours and one minute of actual film time.

tits or gtfo

Its true though

I know that feel. when i grow old and retire i want to live in a small house in the middle of nowhere and just sit in my chair on my porch and just watch the sunset then gaze out at the stars while enjoying stew and ale.

Literally had no time to do anything. He took over for del Toro but changed things for his vision of the movie. LotR had 3 years (I think) of pre production.

youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk

>youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
This explains a lot.

exactly! this fucking tune together with Bilbo monologue conveys such a powerful theme of life continuity. You listen to this shit, you evaluate your daily troubles and then you just think "there always been a Baggins living here in the Bag End, and there always will be"

>two movies, del Toro as the director, Jackson as producer
>pre production goes by
>del Toro drops the project
>Jackson asked to direct and refuses
>accepts anyway because filming is scheduled to start in like 6 months
>has his own vision for the movies, drops del Toro's ideas
>pre production starts over, basically from scratch
>then a third movie is ordered
>everything falls apart and made up as they went along
>BotFA was made entirely during post production

are you the edgelord user from last thread? just stop

thats just painful to read

yep, no matter the format book or film. the shire is always /comfy/ and trying to achieve a life anywhere close to that is in my opinion the right way to go

do it faggot

Watch the Appendices if you want further pain

whats that? link pls

Name a better theme than this protip you can't

youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

I feel bad for jackson then i remember he sold his soul for the jew gold

Why greenscreen this bit?

I can understand the set but the actors too?

gib link

Making me wanna watch the first one again

>tfw going to see Two Towers after waiting a year
>it starts with a bunch of helicopter shots of the mountains from fellowship
>starts zooming in on the mountain
>back in the Balrog scene from fellowship
>this time the camera follow gandalf down the pit as he fucking fights the Balrog in while they're both falling to certain death

truly the hypest cinema moment of my childhood

Because the size difference. They edit gandalf into the set with the actors later