Does it ever depress you that rock music reached its highest peak in 1966 with pic related and that everything is...

Does it ever depress you that rock music reached its highest peak in 1966 with pic related and that everything is downhill thereafter?

not really, it depresses me that I'm in love with a man who doesn't love me back and I'll never have him because he is straight and I am a fag and I'll have to accept I'll only have him as a a friend and nothing else and he'll get married and have kids and his wife will probably hate me and ask him to never speak to me again and eventually I'll die alone in my bedroom of AIDS or some other illness I will catch when I become a heroin addict in a few years

>he thinks Revolver is the best Beatles album

It peaked in the 70s imo. Scores of prog rock/jazz fusion bands must have made one or two perfect albuns before fading into obscurity until the internet rediscovered them.

Imo it peaked in the 70s. Scores of prog rock/jazz fusion groups must have put out one or two perfect albums before fading into obscurity until the internet rediscovered them.

>'rock' music
>not a single song on the album is rock
lol

She Said She Said off the top of my head

It peaked in the 90's you fedoras

>peaked in the 90s

Who is the fedora here?

>the gay man thinks he'll get AIDS from sharing needles

lmao

the point is I'm dying a virgin

I agree with the people that say it peaked in the 70s. The production sounds a lot better than the 60s, all the instruments sound crisp and clear and you can really feel that natural bass drum.
Personally, and I know this is a super subjective opinion, I think rock music peaked with Kate Bush's debut single "Wuthering Heights" in 1978

Try not being gay. A lot more opportunities

For correctly singling the 70s out as the peak decade, i think youve earned your opinion, patrician.

But

`but thats not blonde on blonde, do be more careful next time op

65-71 was the peak it's true, and yes it's sad, but it's also elating that we live with the internet. We have instant access to all of that music in the highest quality possible. Imagine being born 100 years ago? You'd have missed it all. Yeah the internet can be a drag but cmon, unlimited media !!!!

it's not even top 10 desu

the only record in that picture that comes closest is Sabbath

*blocks your path*

t. New Musical Express

Music peaked in ‘68 (prove me wrong (you can’t)).

I like your use of nested brackets

Here's my 1966 section from my library. I think this year is up there. Anything from 65-70~ is going to be incredible, really. That is the most fertile period creatively for rock, upon which everyone else has built upon.

It would seem that way, but many great pieces of music came out between 1966 and 1974, which, historically speaking is when rock and roll music reached perfection. It's both a historic, AND scientific fact. Look it up.

Are all of those albums you’d consider good?

Some are better than others but otherwise yes. I like almost anything I hear really

Rock will never reach it's true peak

Either get cured, or kill yourself desu.

the 90's, what a joke

Doors album easily beats revolver

sure it isn't Rubber Soul

No, he said rock, not music.

Have you really just put your renamed top chart claiming that albums there are better? How fucking pathetic.

Pet Sounds, Revolver, Blonde on Blonde, and Freak Out. It is the true best year in rock music history.

Forever Changes and Blonde on Blonde are better than all of those (maaaybe not better tan The Doors album)

They really went down in musical history