ITT: post a book you're reading and others reply with an album you should use as soundtrack

ITT: post a book you're reading and others reply with an album you should use as soundtrack.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/theboyghost/book-song
youtube.com/watch?v=bGNB5giQtso
youtube.com/watch?v=2dQ5c5SIYnc
youtube.com/watch?v=IHS3qJdxefY
youtube.com/watch?v=sqe7rpkpm2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's hundreds of metal bands inspired by LOTR, even Burzum. You should definitely check out Summoning, they're the most popular band that is inspired by LOTR and are enjoyable even for people who don't listen to a lot of metal.

this. Also Caladan Brood and countless other Summoning worship.

I was big into Led Zeppelin when I read that. The mystical, LOTR-inspired tracks scattered throughout their discography compliment the book well. I'm sure you've already listened to them and are sick of them, but IV and Houses of the Holy are especially fitting.

Daniel Johnston maybe?

soundcloud.com/theboyghost/book-song

Return to the Shire, duh

youtube.com/watch?v=bGNB5giQtso

this is, huh. WOW

tfw dont like caladan brood but love summoning and sojourner

I was actually unaware of that, thanks!
I've listened to Summoning before and it might be a bit too heavy, but I'm sure it will fit the chapters with more action in them. Thanks.

>summoning
>too heavy
user are you ok?
i take it you're not a big metal fan in general
they're very synthy and not at all like "regular" black metal bands.

anyway try this
youtube.com/watch?v=2dQ5c5SIYnc

Arkona, any album.

I do listen to metal but it's just kind of too distracting and noisy while I read through all the backstory and endless character and environment descriptions.

Pic related.

>Caladan Brood
Caldan Brood does Summoning type Atmospheric Black Metal based on the Malazan: Book of the Fallen series. It's a great series and definitely should be read by any fantasy fan.

>pic related
All 10 Malazan: Book of the Fallen books.

What listen to?

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

15th century. A child icon painter from a cave monastery somewhere off Kiev gets captured by Tartars and brought as a slave to Constantinople, subsequently sold to a Venetian brothel. He develops amnesia and forgets his native tongue, becoming entirely mute.

Music for this feel? To the OP, I recommend Handel's Messiah.

Someone gimme some existential vibes pls

youtube.com/watch?v=IHS3qJdxefY

Are you fucking serious?

Drifters/Love Is The Devil by Dirty Beaches

youtube.com/watch?v=sqe7rpkpm2c

Thank you my man