Just got back from a midnight showing of Rogue One

Just got back from a midnight showing of Rogue One.

Ask me anything about it.

how's your week been

Any cameos we don't already know from the trailers?

whats the main spoiler

Not even midnight here, try harder next time, fag.

The two guys who give Luke shit in the cantina

Good.

Leia is seen at the very end.

The entire Rogue One crew die.

I live in England.

that vader guy is actually some kid called luke's father and used to be called anakin something

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Not OP but '

-'Death sentence on twelve systems' guy bumps into Jyn on Jedha
-Tarkin a main character
-Leia at the very end for like 1 second
-R2 and C3PO have a line on Yavin 4
-Bail Organa and Mon Mothma from prequels
-Some of the pilots are super-imposed from a new hope
-Vader pushes the rebels shit in at the very end

The whole main cast dies

What does Donnie Yen do in the movie? How was his character overall?

He's essentially a follower of the Force, his character was fine but nothing special, his final scene is great though.

He's a cool character, his fight scenes are good. He has force powers kinda like daredevil from the the netflix show.

He doesn't have funny lines per say, but he's light hearted, he just tags along because the stormtroopers kicked him out of his job as on of the guardians of the kyber crystals alongside his bud with the gattling laser

He's pretty cool. I'm not OP but I liked him. Closest thing to being a Jedi, acts all mystical.

I fucking hated the robot, almost everything it send was a quip. Even the normies stopped laughing at it halfway through cod it was so obvious it was about to make a joke

it's shit, right?

is there a trump alien

He's cool, but also gay for Baze.

Vader makes a quip, I was crying laughing because it was so stupid and out of character.

Blind warrior monk schtick who's one of the last few worshippers of the Force. Hangs out with his bro-for-life Jiang Wen who's ostensibly there to protect him even though he's if anything even more of a beast in combat than Jiang. They save Whatsherface and Shady Latino Man from Storm Troopers and start hanging out.
He was entertaining as fuck, especially at the beginning. Far better than I was expecting from the archetype.

yes

it tries to give a literal nazi salute while screaming what the star wars equivalent of racism would be

Two actually.

Just seen it and actually hated it. Maybe cos it's now 3am, but I would rate it worse than the previous which even then was only mediocre.

Too many forced characters. Fucjing deadpool robot and stupid story designed around cool scenes rather than the other way around.

Plus literally isis was in the 'holy city' of Jedah (Jerusalem)

Was it fun?

Nope.

In parts, otherwise it's quite a tragic story but a very good one at that.

Why did the rebels aboard the Tantive V pretend they were on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan if Vader had already almost caught them fleeing active combat?

Why was it changed from the plans being beamed to them and the Empire tracking the signal to a literal baton pass with eye witnesses?

Are these explained in the movie? Pls and tnx.

everyone dies, literally everyone

>his final scene is great

Seriously dude, you liked the stupid chant thing, it was retarded as fuck, they literally used the whole "stormtropers can't aim for shit" meme as a plot point

For me it was pretty boring, there were literally no force users, not to mention the movie is 30 years too late with the explanation "why was the deathstar so easy to destroy"

That fight scene with Vader at the very end tho that casual backhand bisection tho

>30 years too late with the explanation "why was the deathstar so easy to destroy"

Let me take a wild stab in the dark.

Mads Mikelsen sabotaged it during construction, allowing for a "backdoor".

>In parts, otherwise it's quite a tragic story but a very good one at that.

How can it be tragic, if you know the outcome?

The force makes the stormtroopers miss. Donnie yens character becomes one with the force and aids everyone in episode 4-6 by protecting them kinda like the divine intervention from pulp fiction. Stormtroopers are clones of the best bounty hunter of all time of course they aren't terrible shots. I thought this was obvious

I know the outcome of Hamlet, does that make it a tragic story?

The death of the Rogue One team is ultimately a tragic end.

>Bail organa and Mon Morgan
Literally who?

>How can it be tragic, if you know the outcome?

You get to know the characters and understand what they are sacrificing themselves for?

I found Episode III tragic even though I knew what would happen to Anakin.

You are comparing Shakespear to Disney m8.

Doesnt work.

>You get to know the characters and understand what they are sacrificing themselves for?

For the rebellion, personal reasons are irrelevant.

Maybe its just because apart from Donnie Yen, none of them looks like interesting characters...

>For the rebellion, personal reasons are irrelevant.

Except I've seen the film, so I know that isn't true, they are all there for personal reasons. They go there against the rebellions orders too.

>Except I've seen the film, so I know that isn't true

Your opinion, is truth now?

No wonder you paid money for mediocre entertainment.

me too Op this movie is absolute GOAT.

I liked Force Awakens but it just doesn't compete.

Fan fucking tastic

>The rebels are a bunch of ashsoles who do bad shit themselves in the name of the rebellion

Feels good man. So happy they weren't just one dimensional good guys fighting the evil bad guys

Where can I apply for viral marketing jobs at Disney?

I thought it was pretty meh. Not a bad film but soulless and way too safe. They also cut a lot of the good parts from the trailer.

I wish. They nailed this one. There's a Luger, there's a chasm, there's a clear toilet break scene. The finale was pitch perfect.

You're missing the point

Was it sjw mode?

Whats the point?

That boo hoo its tragic because these characters I watched for 2 hours just died?

It doesnt work that way.

fag

Yeast Star Wars: Reach we always knew this

Why was there like a short, stocky race of dwarf Mon Calamari who spoke with Scottish accents?

new robot cool?

There's absolutely no chance that Vader "bisected" someone in this film, you fucking idiot.

That's exactly how it works. What the fuck are you saying? It would be shit if they needed more movies and build up before they died.

stormtroopers aren't clones retard