Why do losers here make fun of this man?

Why do losers here make fun of this man?
>rich
>phd in astrophysics
>has a show
>popularizer of science
>In the course of his thesis work, he observed using the 0.91 m telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile, where he obtained images for the Calán/Tololo Supernova Survey[25][26][27] helping to further their work in establishing Type Ia supernovae as standard candles. These papers comprised part of the discovery papers of the use of Type Ia supernovae to measure distances, which led to the improved measurement of the Hubble constant[28] and discovery of dark energy in 1998.[29][30] He was 18th author on a paper with Brian Schmidt, a future winner of the 2011 Nobel Prize in Physics, in the study of the measurement of distances to Type II Supernovae and the Hubble constant.[31]

People here have no self awareness

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/8520033/Stephen-Hawking-tells-Google-philosophy-is-dead.html
theguardian.com/science/2012/jan/08/stephen-hawking-science-greatest-hits
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation
youtube.com/watch?v=RKapUWxTvWI
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8M3zQXEs0
youtube.com/watch?v=NHI1QfCtb0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jealous whites as usual

He's a smug fucking cunt with a holier than thou attitude.

butthurt wh*te pigs

Lawrence Krauss is worse and he doesn't get the same hate.

He's a nigger
He's dumb and cheated his way to success

It's literally just one Brit posting that thread everyday.

A dumb person wouldn't get a phd in astrophysics. You know this you dishonest fuck.

>being good at one thing means you must be all round intelligent
dumb monkey

He is a scientist not a philosopher.

Nobody said that pigskin. Newton was an absolute genius but he believed in alchemy.

He didnt even say that. Why are crackers so hateful?

Affirmative action is a government sanctioned policy, so it is not consider cheating.

would love to crack your heads together

>cyber security
>philosophy

>hurr durr huurrrr duur durr
WOW I'm shocked by your intelligence

It's not his field and he thinks in practical terms it might be unrealistic but maybe he is saying the sanction won't do shit. The solution is trying to make it harder to hack. You probably wanted some deep faggotry with flowery prose.

He might be very educated, i,ll give him that, but he doesnt show it.
He comes on tv shows rambling simple and banal things about space, while everyone listen to him in awe, not at his percieved limited knowledge, but at their own "enlightenment", they feel satisfied at how intelligent they feel by listening to this man. He doesn't "popularize science", what he does simply comes down as saying interest things about science without teaching the reasoning behind them, which only makes people feel smarter by knowing them (and they'll surely forget them later) but not actually more intelligent.
He's a pop icon, nothing more.

Also, he says some pretty stupid things, too. He told an interviewer that he made his dogs eat a very hot jalapeño to stop him from eating from his plate. What a douche.
He doens't because he's not as popular

1.) He has a shitty attitude and seems to deal mostly in condescension

2.) He has been critical of scientists in other fields, notably biology, dedpite knowing nothing about the subject beyond a cursory undergraduate prerequisite level.

3 .) He has received attention not because he is a particularly talented physicist, but because he is a black physicist.

4.) Despite being tasked with raising public excitement for the sciences he seems to do the exact opposite. Badically he just makes annoying commentary on science fiction films about how inaccurate everything and everyone is

5.) He is part of a new wave of scentists and pseudo-scientists, who repeatedly admonish philosophy, whereas several Nobel laureates, the calibre of Max Planck, Albert Einstein, etc all supported philosophical discussion.

6.) He is less a talented astrophysicist and more a populist scientific personality. He is to science what Judge Judy is to the legal system or Dr. Phil yo the psychiatric medical community.

>He was 18th author on a paper with Brian Schmidt
meaning he didnt do shit. they slapped his name on a paper.

1) a lot of scientists are like that
2) see previous comment
3) dishonest. He is entertaining and he is just like carl sagan
4) That's not all he does and he stopped doing that after he saw people didn't like it
5) Stephen Hawking (discover of the hawking radiation) thinks philosophy is bullshit as well
telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/8520033/Stephen-Hawking-tells-Google-philosophy-is-dead.html
6) fuck off

Le based black man science dddd

Hawking is a meme
His only claim to fame is being retarded and muh "high IQ"

Why are you so invested in this?

Actually hawking hates IQ
But you're sort of right, he is overhyped; but you have to admit he has an inspirational story.

>phd
but he is a litetal retard

theguardian.com/science/2012/jan/08/stephen-hawking-science-greatest-hits
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawking_radiation

Maybe you're right. I find him a bit of a dick and am underwhelmed by his professional achievement in relation to his fame and curricula vitae, but I'm sure he's done a lot of good things for the scientific community at large, especially regarding public awareness.

If you want to judge him talk about when he is talking about his field: Astrophysics.
A lot of scientists say dumb things when they're talking about things not related to their fields.
Newton believed in alchemy

For some reason we have people who are smart in one field comment all the fucking time in fields they know nothing about.

You wouldn't consult a dermatologist on how to code a calculator in C.

To prove it I'll give you an example of a famous guy who comes out as an asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=RKapUWxTvWI
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8M3zQXEs0

did you read the whole pic

So you think Hawking's opinion is more important than Planck, Einstein or Bohr? They all favored philosophy as a way to understand reality and to grow rational thought
Sure, just keep sucking that Degrasse's dick.
One has to judge everything he says since he's popular and has a large following. If he's not well-read in a subject, he shut shut up. People believe whatever he says without looking it up

It's the retweets that annoy me the most. That's a lot of people who agree with him or believe what he's said is thoughtful.

It's bigger than that though. There's been a media shift from covering real scientists to literal meme level celeb scientists.
Again it's bigger than that. Affirmative Action didn't create Laurence Cross.

Because real scientists usually aren't highly charismatic likable people that you can easily market

The Brazilian is cute.
He wants to be a famous science black man as well.

Let him dream his dream.

he comes off as an idiot on twitter
plus he really isn't as smart as many people think he is.
>Stephen Hawking (discover of the hawking radiation)
it hasn't been observed yet.

i generally like scientists that explain things in laymans terms but his points come straight from laymans perspective instead of them being scientific observations processed into simpleton phrasing.

To be fair to Dawkins, that quote isn't necessarily disparaging

>i dont like him because he said bad things about trump
What all you fags are too scared to admit.

I'm not black though. But I'll present you another black guy that would make you look like a dumb pos:
David Blackwell:
Known for:
Rao–Blackwell theorem
Blackwell channel
Blackwell's approachability theory
Arbitrarily varying channel
Games of imperfect information
Dirichlet distribution
Mathematical economics
Recursive economics
Sequential analysis
Optimal searching in boxes

Nice argument.

yeah, he is kinda right.
you can become so wrapped up in epistemology that you can't make a single useful prediction about the world.

Literally none of his publications or findings are of importance
His only importance is having been the first nig with a spot in the academy

A guy from here that would make you look like a retard
youtube.com/watch?v=NHI1QfCtb0A

Yes, he's basically the opposite of Tyson. A brilliant mathematician who was held back by being black but still managed some great work in the field rather than a subpar physicist who was launched by being black but still never managed any notable work in his field.

It's not a race issue, it's a Neil DeGrasse Tyson issue

I guess you have better findings, right?
What about artur avila?
Fields medal for "for his profound contributions to dynamical systems theory, which have changed the face of the field, using the powerful idea of renormalization as a unifying principle."

stop biting the bait macaco

Do you have some kind of agenda here? If so you should tackle directly. Like, if you want to promote blacks, Brazilians, and minorities in STEM fields, just say that and then address people's comments on the subject directly.
If you just took a college class or read an interesting book or article on coloured people in the sciences, just say so and we can discuss that.
Right now you look like either a desperate black kid seeking approval from Sup Forums or Neil DeGrasse Tyson arguing with us about how awesome you are.

I'm not trying to promote anything and no agenda. I just don't like how dishonest racist in this site are that try to pretend a guy like NDT is dumb.

It's not racism, he's kind of dumb, or at least he's dumber than a PhD famous for astrophysics probably should be. His race is irrelevant in regards to his intelligence. There are dumb and annoying white scientists too.

Well, you are just ignoring any factual argument against him that is not based on his race, and picking up the most obvious racist bait to prove what you think of this site.
It's like you are looking for reasons to be mad

its nothing related to his skin color. he really tweets like an idiot which is totally not okay if you have a phd in astrophysics.

worse is people take his words as a fact so he should be much more careful with whatever he is saying. and even worse he has an astrophysics but he talks shit about politics, cybersecurity and everything else. politics is much more convoluted to just talk about it. people write books, papers etc. about politics, talking about politics as if it is just a sunday morning topic is stupid and disrespectful to actual scientists/philosophers working in the field and as a guy with phd degree he shouldnt do such a thing.

there are shit load of people in science like tyson in various skin colors/nationalities. its just tyson is more famous then pretty much all of them.

I can identify when people are racist when they aren't. You can't say I'm pushing everything to races when there are posts in this very threads calling him "nigger" and saying he is what he is because of affirmative action and cheating.

Yeah sometimes he is very arrogant but it's not particular to him. Many scientists are arrogant as fuck and bad with people.

Yes, this is Sup Forums. People will use racial pejoratives. Now go start a thread about Richard Dawkins or Bill Nye and watch people say many of the same things about how they are annoying or talk authoritatively about subjects outside their field.

1. He is black
2. He really makes very dumb tweets

That's it

>I can identify when people are racist when they aren't.
How?
>You can't say I'm pushing everything to races
But you are. You are only looking for obvvious baits to prove your point. There's a lot of non-racist arguments against him and you ignore them.
It's not that he´s arrogant, anyone can be so. He should shut his mouth about things he doesn't know about because there are people who believe him and the dumb things he says. He's a public figure

this, true smart people are racist in le 4chins xD

I love how sexually frustrated teenagers on the international board of an imageboard dedicated to Japanese cartoons who spend most of their day on their computers call dedicated scientists that have contributed more than they ever will "dumb". It's just funny.

I mean, Einstein was /r9k/ personified.

>people still use appeal to authority in 2017

Exactly

It's not "appeal to authority" it's fact. he has contributed to science while you fucks are just bitter losers.

>You can't criticize him because he's done more than you

Guess I shouldn't be able to criticize Obama since he's a Harvard educated lawyer and I'm just a middle class worker

entertainer is not a scientist

He hated women?

maybe OP can offer his wife to Tyson so he can lose his virginity

Embarrassing post.

>sees only vice of the church, and dismisses their countless virtues
>disregards philosophy, and calls it "dangerous"
>probably a commie, and on top of that an ass
I liked the new Cosmos though, it was truly a turn-your-brain-off show.

>lawyers
>worth any value
Good joke

embarassing thread. Maybe you should stop jerking this smug fuck so he can science more and talk less.

nobody even knows who this is

Can you explain why his quote is wrong?

No more sensitive subject on Sup Forums than intelligence, you need to abandon this 90's era conception of unlimited intellectual potential or whatever your parents told you

You're not special and neither is Neil, or the butthurt German ITT, or me

Lawrence Krauss is a theoretical physicist and he is a also a popularizer of science just like Neil.

Neil deGrasse Tyson figures out water is wet

>People fight because they disagree about things

Well gee no shit

He is a scientist. They say facts even if it's obvious shit.

calling him a nigger and a dumbass isn't criticizing him

Here's something to think about: most scientific discoveries were made by undeniably brilliant people, but a lot of them had families with wealth or academic backgrounds

Blacks, regardless of intelligence, don't give two shits about science, even here, and would probably make up more of the slack if they emphasized academia, the same applies more to whites if they inculcated their children like Jews or had them become machinic like Asians

Maximime your potenial, stop complaining and redefining mediocrity. Some kid drinking moonshine in rural Alabama could have the necessary potential to produce a UFT but never received the prerequisite scientific background to do it

C
CU
CUC
KEK
UCK
CK
K

My point is, all he does theoretically is ok, the reason people find him annoying is how convinced he is he's Earths N.1 Smart Man because he's a pop star scientist rather than being humble about it.

This includes posting obvious shit on twitter about how wars are caused by conflicts, how fantasy movies like Star Wars are fake and acting like everybody should expect them to be realistic when nobody does and how entertainment he doesn't enjoy, like soccer, is a waste of time.

He's the class fedora tipping kid who calls himself "intelectually superior"

Why do you think they'll judge him objectively, Americans are not saints, they're susceptible to the same prejudice as a lot of other people, plus Obama's probably used to condescension at all levels

Here's a counter-example: There was a white kid who was deemed subpar and of average intelligence, kicked out of a famous IQ study series, and went one to make one of the most important discoveries in the history of humanity, or at least the 20th century. Can you guess who he is?

did you read this in a book called outliers?

if he is so smart why is he still black?

No. Just a lot of light reading from unrelated sources

Why are you so far behind your Western European peers in scientific achievement, you should be close

>There was a white kid who was deemed subpar and of average intelligence, kicked out of a famous IQ study series, and went one to make one of the most important discoveries in the history of humanity, or at least the 20th century. Can you guess who he is?
Neil Bohr?

because there is absolutely no investment in research and development, all our corrupt politicians need the money to buy more shit for themselves so our most relevant scientists always end immigrating somewhere else.

is that sudanbro

No Neils Bohr was ridiculed for his painfully slow and pedantic speech when he was young

It was William Shockley, recipient of the Nobel Prize for discovering the transistor

Another one: Independent, boisterous, uncouth by any university standards, argumentative, got a 124 IQ in high school, was told he was shit because he was a Ph.D student at Chicago at a major gathering. Nobel Prize, father of several quantum mechanics principles.

What do you think when Sup Forumser/pol/ says you're intellectually inferior and susceptible to corruption?

Yessir

His academical achievements are impressive enough. But I suspect he isn't among the best in his field. He doesn't really spend any time as a scientist anymore, so I think people don't see him as a scientist in the same way they would've if he kept publishing his own research. Now, I for one think his popular work is important in another way than pure research. He is inspiring people, and he is an advocate for science. That's not a bad thing, I think it's a good thing.

But then again, he does have a bit of a holier than thou attitude. On the internet people love to hate someone, and he is easy to hate. I think that's the simple answer.

how many years of medical training did you do

we're not intellectually inferior, there is always groundbreaking medical research discoveries in Spain every year but yes, corruption is a big deal in here, so much that people already take it as "normal".

3 before being condemned to NEETdom

No you are, you are so far behind Germany, France and Britain you don't warrant comparison. How could you believe in the Sup Forums model if you make yourself an exception?

Sup Forumstards being anally devasted about a nigger being ten times smarter than them

feynman was told he was shit? when?

At the Manhattan Project he was thought to be inferior because he wasn't from the Gottingen group (Physics nucleus that birthed Quantum in Germany), and worse, not from the most presitigious American physics groups

He talked in a classical New Yorker accent and shocked his academic peers with his lack of genteel and sophistication

He regularly fought with Bohr on Physics

His IQ was deemed barely above average

He was hated by particle physicist Murray Gell-Mann and accused by him and others of generating anecdotes about himself intentionally to enhance his status

This sudanbro knows what's up. I like you.

don't know what you're talking about, we are ahead of europe in general transplants and medical research, astrophysicist Guillem Anglada-Escudé just has been awarded as one of the top 10 scientists of the year, Howard Hughes award as been awarded for 2 spanish scientists for their innovative medical and biological research too. A engineer just created a new radio system signal that will make every communication to space more effective.... the main problem? no money from Spain for investigators, all this people got this thanks to private funding and EU.