Vader literally has a secret evil castle in a bed of lava

>Vader literally has a secret evil castle in a bed of lava

Also James Earl Jones is way to old to be voicing Vader anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLFjl0GOLpI
hollywoodreporter.com/news/tangled-rights-could-tie-up-384541
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vader's castle is cannon.

Wasn't the original idea that the Emperor's throne room was literally going to be inside a volcano?

Did you expect Vader to live in some kind of city or lush paradise? Dude is consumed by hate and his past, he just sits in his weird ass Jacuzzi remembering Padme

Why would he want to be reminded of lava every day? He took a much more negative stance toward sand and all that did was get everywhere and irritate his skin.

Where it is mentioned in the NEW canon outside of rogue One

I would suspect him to have a suite on Coruscant close to the Emperor

>I would suspect him to have a suite on Coruscant close to the Emperor

The Emperor lives on the Death Star you dumb fucking sack of shit.

He lives in the Imperial Palace, the former Jedi temple, on Coruscant.

I hope your joking....

He turned the Jedi Temple on Coruscant into his Palace and the throne room on the Death Star was just a place for him when he visited.

If he lived on the Death Star then why was everyone surprised he was fucking visiting?

>your
baka

Was there an opening crawl?

no
The title card was tacky too.

>no
I don't give a fuck if I sound petty, but I don't want to see it now. Not even kidding.

It said "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" then opens to the movie.
There's no STAR WARS in big letters.

Have they released a novelization? What's their explanation for his castle on Random Planet 895y88

They released a lead in novel, no novelization though.

I think the current theory is that Sheev makes him live on Mustafar.

For those who seen the movie what is that scene in that image?

Just not the same. It's like rudely dodging a handshake: a bad first impression.

Even every shitty SW video game I've ever played has the crawl.

Luuke Skywalker is canon.

No Its to different from Mustafar

Maybe they should expand on the castle and butler with a Vader movie, cancel Emilia Clarke's and Balding Cuck's Han Solo movie. The Vader comics are the only successful ones last I checked. Should be logical to do a villainous movie.

>secret evil castle in a bed of lava
its called hell.

Yeah, when I saw the film, I got the impression that it was supposed to be Mustafar. Probably didn't mention it's name because Disney isn't too fond of bringing up anything from the prequels.

Someone was going to meet Vader about the Death Star and the cloaked guy came in to tell Vader he had arrived. Vader was essentially naked with tubes and a breathing aid attached in that white cylinder. Similar to what the winter soldiers were like in Civil War.

>Someone
is it really that hard to pay attention to the movie

Yeah that Lucas' original idea for Return of the Jedi.

Does Jones sound that bad?

Krennic visiting Vader at his holiday home to complain about being cucked by Tarkin. Vader is in the bath when he rings the doorbell.

It's kind of noticeable, yeah.

He's still the only man for the job though.

jej

I actually like the idea that he's constantly reminded of lava every day.

I mean, being constantly surrounded by the thing that effectively ruined your life would make you angry and sith generally draw on anger for power.

It's a top strat.

They also had captions with the planets' names.

Oh shit, you're right.

That's not true the new canon is filled to the bring with prequel stuff

if anything Disney is embracing the prequels and doing everything they can to blend the with the original stuff

At first I didn't think it was actually JEJ, it sounded more like a Vader impersonator than the man himself.

Still, wasn't THAT terrible. But you know what was? Grand Moff Tarkin's CGI face. God damn, that is not going to age well. It already looks fake as fuck, I can only imagine what it'll look like five years down the line.

that would be Top Banter

I'd be quite surprised if it's not Mustafar.

>Grand Moff Tarkin's CGI face.
They went balls deep with the CG faces.
-Tarkin
-Leia
-all the Rebel pilots from ANH

It is better or worse than Bridges in Tron Legacy?

Oh, much better. CG Bridges looks REALLY bad today.

I'd put Tarkin jut under CG Michael Douglas but way above CG young Robert Downey Jr.

not him.

Its better its pretty impressive but still noticeable.

The way I look at it is that while its noticeably CGI its also noticeably Tarkin witch cancels it out to me

CAN'T PEEVE THE SHEEV

>Also James Earl Jones is way to old to be voicing Vader anymore.

Tarkin's voice sounded more authentic than Vader's.

Was it anywhere near as cool as this?

It was pretty cool.
It wasn't a cave though.
It was a building.

Why is no one upset about his horrible line making a pun? I hated it almost as much as the Noooo in Episode III. Made him sound like a joke, thank god they gave him that badass ending scene.

Did anybody else notice that one of the musical themes sounded like a bastardized rendition of Rogue Sqaudrens Theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLFjl0GOLpI

It bothered me every dam time...

also the under use of the Imperial march pissed me off

The shaped looked a lot like a Jedi Temple

>Why is no one upset about his horrible line making a pun?
I couldn't believe they put that shit in there.

it's a Λ shaped tower.

Bear in mind the film actually has Jedi Temples that look full on indiana jones and the crusade.

Because it's a sinister Pun.

God dammit literately every previous star wars property before hand starts with an opening crawl and a shoot in space.

>Vader's attendant, Vanee
>Blista-Vanee was later among the Ruling Council members who accompanied Palpatine on his arrival on board the Death Star II.[1] Blista-Vanee was fond of watching opera and wore colorful clothes including flamboyant hats.[2]

DEEPEST LORE

Disney does not have rights to the Prequels yet.
Fox will always own the original Star Wars.

Hence Disney milking the original Star Wars era.

Their excuse was it's not a movie part of the 'main' series.

>and a shoot in space.

It starts with a shot in space; Krennic's shuttle going to the planet Madds lives on.

they dont want anyone to realize its another prequel.

No they dont have the rights to do anything with the prequel movies.

Lucusfilmis owned my Disney and Lucasfilm can take and do anything they want with prequel era stuff and already have

source? also why don't they just make new shit

Don't know if it was 'the original' idea, but at one point Lucas had the idea of Vader having a castle and concept art was made for the emperor to have a throne surrounded by lava.

Yeah, but that's mostly just in EU stuff. Both this film and EP7 haven't had many mentions or references to the prequels.
To be fair, I'm not really sure what they'd put in the opening crawl. Everything you need to know gets explained pretty early on into the movie.

>Both this film
This film had more than TFA at least.

There was a clone turbo tank in the film for fuck's sake.

>flamboyant hats.
Is that code for gay?

vaders castle was in the ep 7 draft

theyll probably bring it back for 8 and kylo

Yeah its not in the main theatrical films but The way the new canon connects they are diffidently not ignoring it

>vaders castle was in the ep 7 draft
Vader's castle is a Lucas idea from like 30 years ago.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/tangled-rights-could-tie-up-384541

>But Fox owns distribution rights to the original Star Wars, No. 4 in the series, in perpetuity in all media worldwide. And as for the five subsequent movies, Fox has theatrical, nontheatrical and home video rights worldwide through May 2020.

Forgot to mention, the name of Mustafar (or whatever planet Vader's chillin' on) dosn't get mentioned on-screen like most other planets do when we first see them.

Yeah I wasn't expecting that and it was really cool.

Was wondering what the empire did with old clone war era stuff

>dark secrets

>no more Vjun Bast Castle

>the name of Mustafar (or whatever planet Vader's chillin' on) dosn't get mentioned on-screen like most other planets do
Yeah, this felt obnoxious.

>One of the biggest fan questions surrounding Disney’s purchase of LucasFilm has been answered. While Disney now owns the rights to the Star Wars universe and all future films going forward, 20th Century Fox has retained the rights to the first six movies. The original film, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, is theirs forever, and they’ll own the final five films, Episodes I-III, V and VI, through May 2020. This makes the fan dream of releasing the original, unedited trilogy box set very difficult. Read more after the jump.

Interesting

>distribution rights

that has absolutely nothing to do with the material in those movies.

Only the prints themselves.

>looks like a shack

bravo mcquarrie

Yeah, McQuarrie did some concept art for the castle way back in the 80s.

Glad they didn't go with those designs.

Dont get me wrong I like more fantasy in my Star Wars but that's a bit to much

Just looks like a castle. Hope it was better in Rogue

>to
>anymore

when did burger$ adopt ghetto ebonics as their mutha-fucka tongue...?

>post your fucking face when the Vader hallway scene

It was great but waaaay to brief