I know nothing about music, what is the fascination with this album?

It's weird because it sounds like trash at first, but by the second or third listen you fall in love

it's just really good and memorable

It's good, yet extremely overrated. Funeral was a better indie rock album....

>Overtly emotional indie folk
>accessible enough that most people can get it yet it doesn't sacrifice an authentic, weird, artistic aesthetic
>Band barely released anything, mostly lowkey, perfect for mythmaking and theorizing
>Get a 10 from pitchfork
>have endless bizarre quotable lyrics for memeing
>Have cover that somehow perfectly lends itself to memes

Yeah really it was a perfect storm with this one. It's still a pretty great album though desu.

It's a really, really good album

It's fascinating from an emotional standpoint. It contains the most vivid and heartbreaking lyrics you'll ever hear in songs, with a surrealist cloud hanging over it all. Personal, naked, honest, images of domestic violence coupled with sexual experience, passionate awkwardness of sexual encounters, trying to bring back Anne Frank to life and all the horrific connotations of the Holocaust and the concentration camps; love, death, horror, happiness, sex, fetuses.

It contains all that you will go through in life and that's all I can ask for in an album.

I'm convinced its just a bunch of South Americans and foreigners who get obsessed with it. Living in the southern part of the US this music doesn't sound that special.

Nobody that likes itaots knows much about music either

It's sad when musical elitists like you tear down albums for being "simplistic." The album is focused primarily on its lyrics and yet I still think the music does a great job of conveying tension and ecstasy alongside Mangum's bizarre images

It's good and there's all kinds of weird shit about it, like how it's about Anne Frank or Mangum's ridiculous lung capacity.

well that's your first problem, being a hick

I'm just not big on indie folk and don't care about a ww ii novel.
It's not a bad sounding album, and I kind of get why some people might like it so much (I think it's mostly the cover picture and the memetics, though).

great simple pop chord progressions. heartfelt lyrics. cool instruments

What do you mean not that special? What sounds special to you?

i have a vinyl copy signed by all 4 of them am i cool yet guys

lyrics only matter to me when the music they are set to is also good

you're the coolest in the bunch

I'm the coolest kid around because I still haven't heard it to this day.

It’s insanely catchy

it's like the first time you have sex, it's all uncomfortable and nobody's having a good time, but you try it again anyway, and every time you do it it gets better and better.
then it gets kinda stale and you move on and ended up dying with your dick in your hand and a belt around your neck.

This

/thread

What is this album called?

Perfect album in every way.

It's an EP by british punk bank named Youth Code, this EP's called Hesitation Marks.

this is... huh, wow..

NMH is not only about the music itself. It's sort of the feeling that conveys all its imaginery.