PLOTHOLE

>several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies
ruh roh

aefrgthj

wreth

docjoncaspg

>he didn't watch the movie
They actually do beam that shit to the rebel fleet. In several transmissions.

Literally.

But not to the Tantive IV.

Yeah, technically to the larger ship that the Tantive IV was docked to.

It's a fucking metonymy.

If you even want to get all pedantic about it (and Sup Forums loves its autism) you could say that given the plans were sent part of the way by transmission (and through iRebel spies) he's right in saying that.

But he was chasing the data chip from the already-beamed plans.

>not the fact that we see the DS1's plans we're already complete before the movie starts

I could start dancing around it for fun. But yeah he's technically wrong. The plans weren't beamed to that specific ship.

So either it's a manner of speech for Vader or they simply overlooked a throwaway line of dialogue.

wut

I know this is stupid Lucas retardation, but they weren't.

Canonically only the superstructure was designed by the geonosians. Erso was instrumental in making the superlaser work.

Yeah, ROTS shows the skeleton.
Dooku's hologram is just a projected design.

>I know this is stupid Lucas retardation
Literally nothing retarded about it.
Lucas bashing is so passe.

>Canonically only the superstructure was designed by the geonosians. Erso was instrumental in making the superlaser work.
This looks like the Geonosions have the lase figured out.

It's a projected design to house the cannon. The actual thing wasn't planned in detail at that point.

If you say so.

>these fuckin bug people who can't even defend their planet against an elderly midget and baby waby cloney woneys with weird shitty wave blasters built a space station
>too dumb to figure out that they're all going to get slaughtered by vader
>i bet they built a perfectly working superlaser though that didn't encounter any issues that would require the services of a top-notch engineer to actually function

Not me, the books that detail nucanon lore.
I'm not giving you a fucking quote, go to Wookiepedia.

whoa there buddy
I was just commenting on the seemingly detailed nature of the laser section of the hologram.

Wouldn't it have been a collaborative effort by all the CIS?

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the most craziest Australian shitposter who called himself Krennic and got his ass handed to him by Darth Vader (not your father)?

He was a good white man

>CIS
>>>/tumblr/

Die Rebel Scum

>they simply overlooked a throwaway line of dialogue.

That is literally within in the first ten minutes of the movie that they're leading directly into, and probably should have double checked to make sure they weren't contracting. I thought Disney/Lucasfilm had lore experts employed specifically to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

This. When I watched Attack of the clones years ago it always occured to me that they helped begin the Death Star design via CIS or by the Republic before the Order 66 was initiated and Palpatine took over the assignment.

Does Jyn's father design the laser or just part of it?

We could say that Jyn's father was given task to use the plans of the death star, he decided to change a few things thus making sense how he purposely designed it so Rebels could destroy it.

It isnt unusual for plans to change or for things to be re written.

I am just trying to get past this plot hole.

We could also easily say there was NEVER any plans written up and ONLY a hologram of how they wanted the Laser to look by the CIS in hologram form and THEN Jyn's father was tasked to use this hologram information to design it and hence he contaminated it.

That makes sense and gets around the plot hole.

>he decided to change a few things thus making sense how he purposely designed it so Rebels could destroy it.
I like this headcanon.

>Ending of rogue one sets up the start of episode 4
>Everyone introduced in movie dies
>Jedi temple on jeddah destroyed
>Death star flaw was put in intentionally
>No anti-trump memes
>Droid in movie has sheldon from big bang theory levels of autism and also dies
>Death star kills its creator
>The girl's father is killed by rebels
>Empire looks extremely nice
>Guard troopers actually use sights and cover
>Dumb bitch loses evidence that would have saved people's lives

Movie is shit, id rather watch the dark knight rises again

This. It also explains why the design was so freakin flawed and no way could the actual Empire design it.. cos they never did!

>The girl's father is killed by rebels
This is like Jews killing an ex Nazi who designed the gas chambers.

How is this a problem?

Rebels killing an ex Empire who helped build the death star is too hard for u to understand?

He designed the vent flaw in the death star and told them where to get plans.

>This is like Jews killing an ex Nazi who designed the gas chambers.
What gas chambers?

Darth Vader: Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies.

Princess Leia Organa: I don't know what you're talking about.

Checks out

No?

The fact that the blockade runner was at the battle of Scarif seems farfetched. But it's probably explained in the novel version that the Tantive IV docked for repairs and then escaped.

Vader isn't wrong, considering that he doesn't know if it was the capital ship or the blockade runner.

>Vader isn't wrong, considering that he doesn't know if it was the capital ship or the blockade runner.
He chases the data card with the plans from the frigate to the Tantive docking bay, so yes he does know.

Its more like killing Wernher von Braun because he designed the V2, but only after he designed the Saturn V.

Speculation about his knowledge of the stolen plans. If he knew he would have used the force to grab it. Otherwise it's just that way because the writers forced it that way.

Either way, Darth Vader was bluffing or its a screenwriters mistake.

>I thought Disney/Lucasfilm had lore experts employed specifically to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
they were always shit at preventing continuity errors. All they could do was come up with convoluted explanations afterwards on how it's totally not a continuity error.

ih