What are the important elements of a good space show?

What are the important elements of a good space show?

I thought it was cool when they use big made up words of complicated things they had to to with new technology that is undiscovered today.
>we have to realign the warp core and decouple the quantum difibulator and iso-regulators
>The transporter array buffer is malfunctioning and we have to do a full scrub of the power conduits

Putting a fondness for the likes of Kevin Sorbo aside I think Adromeda should be in the satanically bad tier.

>ascension not mid-high tier
>no Space above and beyond
>no Red Dwarf

op dont know shit about sci fi

understanding that the audience isn't a bunch of retards who don't know anything about space or science fiction

look at starhunter or space ranger.

the other thing is to have compelling characters who do well in space. I.E. fry from futurama or pretty much the whole TNG crew.

I think above all the thing is that most of the high tier shows are just creative.

actually gave explanations for stuff that made sense and was creative.

I can't stand when i space show goes full fantasy, where its literally
>SPACE WIZARDS LMAO
>I DUNNO OUR TECH JUST WERKS GUISE BUT WERE DUMB LOL

Only Battlestar Galactica and The Expanse is not a procedural episode show on that list. Obviously that alone puts it miles ahead of any of the other shows.

The rest is just sci-fi schlock for nerds.

Babylon 5?

>Futurama higher than Voyager

It's a fucking cartoon (a bad one) for fucks sake.

space

>still no show about space pirates
>no blowing people out of the airlock if they won't join your fleet or earn
>no fleet battles full of ships shooting metal at each other

I really don't know why I continue to live

>Outlaw Star
>not God Tier

Fuck you, I never knew I wanted this until now

>Lexx
>Garbage tier
Get the fuck off my board normie

BSG and The Expanse should be in god tier also Lexx is great normies just hate it because its was low-budget and weird.

not being star trek

>t. amateur sci-fi screenwriter trying to get into the industry
You are asking for help from Sup Forums.

YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED.

same as any show, characters to care about and comic relief that isn't too dumb

This list just reminds me that we haven't gotten jack shit in the way of sci-fi during the tv golden era. Hopefully now that TV is fully industrialized we can get some more dope shit.

The Expanse is a good start.

Honestly people just like The Expanse because we're so starved in that Genre

There can easily be a conventional sci fi show that would be amazing. I hate to say it, but kind of like Game of Thrones in space. Minus magic obviously.

if you don't have interesting threats you may as well be writing gaybaby fantasy operas

Farscape belongs in its own tier above everything else